PDA

View Full Version : Vonta Leach arrested

JR
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Lock/Move if necessary..

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3078&sn=t

Texans FB Vonta Leach was arrested earlier this week in Lumberton, North Carolina and charged with a misdemeanor simple assault.

http://www.robesonian.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Leach+faces+assault+charge%20&id=3026387-Leach+faces+assault+charge&instance=secondary_sports_left_column

LUMBERTON Vonta Leach, a Rowland native who is an NFL football player, was arrested this week and charged with simple assault. The alleged incident occurred in a downtown Lumberton restaurant last month.

The charge is a misdemeanor. Leach was taken to the Robeson County jail and released on a written promise. He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 18.

Leach, when contacted on Thursday by phone, said he could not comment.

A police report said that Leach, 27, of the 5000 block of White Oak Drive, was involved in a fight with Reggie Allen Locklear, 28, of East Seventh Street, at Blackwater Grille at 111 W. Third St., on June 28. That night Leach was holding an all-white dress event at the bar and restaurant.

According to the report, two women began fighting inside the restaurant at about 2 a.m. When Leach attempted to usher the women out of the business, Locklear said he asked Leach "who he was talking to" and Leach hit him in the face with a beer bottle and kicked him.

According to Leach's account, he told the women to leave and Locklear assaulted him and he defended himself.

The alleged fight was one of several that were reported at the Blackwater Grille that night and included a brawl that took place outside of the restaurant after closing.

blake1776
07-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Awesome. Can we get this guy to the probowl please?

Little D
07-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Who would be dumb enough to mess with Leach? He's huge.

GoldenHolden
07-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Awesome. Can we get this guy to the probowl please?

Yea real awesome, especially considering how much the comissioner loves to suspend guys for these things. As far as I know this is Vonta's first offense so I doubt he hears anything from the league but Roger Goodell has gotten tougher and tougher about these things.

The last time a Texans fullback got arrested was Jameel Cook and he was released soon after. That was a different situation but Leach better hope Boomer doesn't have a stellar camp because McNair doesn't like guys that get in trouble with the law.

South Texan
07-25-2009, 12:29 AM

Dogs have no sense of size, that's why you may see a mouse size dog go after a Great Dane. Apparently, this Locklear guy was a drunken dog.

blake1776
07-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Yea real awesome, especially considering how much the comissioner loves to suspend guys for these things. As far as I know this is Vonta's first offense so I doubt he hears anything from the league but Roger Goodell has gotten tougher and tougher about these things.

The last time a Texans fullback got arrested was Jameel Cook and he was released soon after. That was a different situation but Leach better hope Boomer doesn't have a stellar camp because McNair doesn't like guys that get in trouble with the law.

;(

We'd be crazy to release Leach.

Yosarian
07-25-2009, 02:01 AM
rut ro

TheGoaT
07-25-2009, 05:57 AM
its a misdemeanor. There's not much to worry about.

This part made me laugh out loud though: "Locklear said he asked Leach "who he was talking to" and Leach hit him in the face with a beer bottle and kicked him."

haha I dont know but it just sounds funny to me some guy acting tough and then getting hit in the face.

Wolfscar
07-25-2009, 06:15 AM
I feel for Vonta here - I used to work as a bouncer in Edinburgh and, much as it can be dangerous stepping into a fight between two guys, you really don't want to get into the middle of a cat-fight. They fight dirty and you can't hit back. And someone else ALWAYS gets involved.

protoTexans
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Well at least we are not talking about any holdouts or contract disputes... lol.. Save it for the field Vonta!!!

ubecool454
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Probably a drunk/high...Reggie Allen Locklear who is most likely a loser and hates Leach for his success in the NFL. Looking at their ages the guy probably went to school with Leach and has been hating on him for a long time. Now poor Reggie will be the laughing stock of Lumberton because everyone in town knows he got his butt kicked..(lumberton is pretty small).

ubecool454
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
;(

We'd be crazy to release Leach.

Release him? I would think not...afterall...he won the fight from the way it sounds. It sounds like the people that attended the bash said it was self defense. Goodell better not even think about suspending him for this.

TheGoaT
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Is this guy married to Heather Locklear?

D- for effort.

zanth91
07-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Cook would have been released regardless, and everyone knew it. That just made him a free agent 1 week earlier.

TEXANBRONCO
07-25-2009, 03:49 PM
i like VONTA ALOT. i hope he gets out of this mess without getting into trouble with the league. :D......let the guy lead the way for SS:D

PsychoNaut
07-25-2009, 05:51 PM
It's a freaking first offense misdemeanor for christs sake! He is not going to be punished, stop being paranoid. Vonta is the man and will be crushing skulls for us again starting week 1. If I was that Locklear guy I would have kept my mouth shut. You don't smart off to someone built like a bulldozer named Vonta Leach. Everyone knows you kick them in the groin and run.

Coach Jim
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM

JCook was arrested for drug possession ... VLeach was arrested for defending himself and/or a friend ... apples & oranges.

Reveal
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
The only thing I wish happened was that... Vonta had kicked him first preferably in the nuts and then followed with the bottle to the head... YEAHH GO VONTAAAAAAAA
Vonta cannot wait until football starts ahahahhaha... WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME SEASON!

South Texan
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
This whole thing sounds like Vonta didn't want any trouble at an event he was hosting, and when the "ladies" got into it he wanted them out to avoid any bad publicity. Locklear who, on the other hand has nothing to lose, wanted to see a cat fight in hopes that clothes would be torn off. I suspect Locklear tried to stop Vonta from putting them out and the "assult" ensued. I will be very surprised if the charges all the way around are not dropped.

TheLBCoach
07-27-2009, 02:01 AM
You gotta love it! I have a new respect for Vonta.

touttail
07-27-2009, 05:31 AM
I know sports professionals are grown men, but when they are out at a place at 2am or later, that serves alcohol, trouble is always brewing(no pun intended)! People that have been drinking for 2-3-4 hours are full of it and most of the time are looking for trouble. After several drinks, your good sense goes out the window. Been there-done that! Just my 2 cents.

Bobby 119C

Se7en
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
I know sports professionals are grown men, but when they are out at a place at 2am or later, that serves alcohol, trouble is always brewing(no pun intended)! People that have been drinking for 2-3-4 hours are full of it and most of the time are looking for trouble. After several drinks, your good sense goes out the window. Been there-done that! Just my 2 cents.

Bobby 119C

I would be pretty annoyed if my friends went out to have fun and I had to "sit at home" because of my job and because stupid people might try to start trouble with me. Vonta, or any other celebrity/sports figure, cannot go through life walking on egg shells because idiots out there want to 10 seconds of fame from a fight in a bar.

Wolverine
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Not condoning his alleged actions but who would wanna F with Leach unless of course your Brock Lesnar or LT on coke?

A-B
07-27-2009, 06:51 PM
This whole thing sounds like Vonta didn't want any trouble at an event he was hosting, and when the "ladies" got into it he wanted them out to avoid any bad publicity. Locklear who, on the other hand has nothing to lose, wanted to see a cat fight in hopes that clothes would be torn off. I suspect Locklear tried to stop Vonta from putting them out and the "assult" ensued. I will be very surprised if the charges all the way around are not dropped.

Yeah know matter how dressy an event is you still cant keep the trash away sometimes.

Texan Naija
07-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Not condoning his alleged actions but who would wanna F with Leach unless of course your Brock Lesnar or LT on coke?

Or a slimeball that figured starting a fight with a known NFL player would get him a payday from either a settlement or selling off his 'story'.

ANDRE=FRANCHISE
07-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I love Leach...I wish we gave him the ball in the red-zone and 3rd/4th and short last year...and this year too.

The story sure sounds like B.S. If someone asks me a question, I'm not going to hit him in the face with a beer bottle instantly..........they either left something out.......or it didn't go down that way. When your the BIG dog, like Leach, you don't gotta use bear bottles when a guy is asking u a polite question. So, I think this guy shoved leach or hit him and then asked his question in a "are u ready to rumble" tone.......and then got smashed the He!! up.

Good for leach, I would defend myself too.

blake1776
07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
The guy's face was probably messed up so bad that they said he was hit by a bottle. That happened to my girlfriend's dad in highschool. He knocked a guy out at sonic and his face was so jacked that they said he used a wrench. It was really just his fist.

dbruder44
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
The guy's face was probably messed up so bad that they said he was hit by a bottle. That happened to my girlfriend's dad in highschool. He knocked a guy out at sonic and his face was so jacked that they said he used a wrench. It was really just his fist.

Dude be nice to your girlfriend or her Dad will whoop your *****$$$

touttail
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I would be pretty annoyed if my friends went out to have fun and I had to "sit at home" because of my job and because stupid people might try to start trouble with me. Vonta, or any other celebrity/sports figure, cannot go through life walking on egg shells because idiots out there want to 10 seconds of fame from a fight in a bar.

why do you feel the need to be in a bar at 2am???

Bobby 119C

blake1776
07-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Because he's not 54? It's completely unreasonable to expect people that are a certain age to do things that their peers do.