2014 FIFA World Cup Draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw

POT 1 (SEEDED TEAMS) Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Switzerland and Uruguay

POT 2 (AFRICA/SOUTH AMERICA) Algeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Chile and Ecuador

POT 3 (ASIA/NORTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA) United States, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea

POT 4 (EUROPE) Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Russia.

Friday, December 6; 11:30 a.m. ET

ESPN2 (U.S. English), Univision (U.S. Spanish)
    Last edited by theanswer000; 12-06-2013, 05:20 AM.

Brutal, USA ended up in the Group of death. Germany, Portugal and Ghana? Will be tough to advance. Should be interesting to see Klinsmann coaching against his country.
    TexansCap.com

Comment

USMNT is in group G with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal.

USMNT will play Ghana Monday, June 16 at 6 p.m. ET, Portugal Sunday, June 22 at 3 p.m. ET, and Germany Thursday, June 26 at noon ET.

This is the group of death. I like our chances against Ghana, we absolutely have to beat them. Luckily all of the teams have the same amount of travel throughout the cup. Portugal had trouble qualifying, but they still have Cristiano Ronaldo, who is arguably the best player in the world. As for the Germans, we're going to find out a lot about our team. Die Mannschaft is loaded with young soccer stars, they're ranked No. 2 in the world.

2. Germany
      5. Portugal
      14. United States
      24. Ghana

Comment

Originally posted by theanswer000 View Post

USMNT will play Ghana Monday, June 16 at 6 p.m. ET, Portugal Sunday, June 22 at 3 p.m. ET, and Germany Thursday, June 26 at noon ET.

This is the group of death. I like our chances against Ghana, we absolutely have to beat them. Luckily all of the teams have the same amount of travel throughout the cup. Portugal had trouble qualifying, but they still have Cristiano Ronaldo, who is arguably the best player in the world. As for the Germans, we're going to find out a lot about our team. Die Mannschaft is loaded with young soccer stars, they're ranked No. 2 in the world.

2. Germany
        5. Portugal
        14. United States
        24. Ghana
        I think Ghana has beaten us the last few times we have faced them. Can't wait for WC!! My wife on the other hand...not so excited.
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Chapman View Post
          I think Ghana has beaten us the last few times we have faced them. Can't wait for WC!! My wife on the other hand...not so excited.
          I do not belive we have played Ghana under Klinnsman. His style of play seems much better suited to put up a big number against them. Despite Klinnsman being a "possession coach", I see us holding much less against Ghana then in previous matches, but scoring alot more. Aggressive play will result in more goals, as opposed to holding the ball, waiting for the seas to part, and trying to score with a big ball because we are worried about making a mistake and giving up the Ghana speed counter. Let them have 1 or 2 counter goals, just keep your foot on the gas and score 6.

Beat Ghana 6-2, find a way to draw with Portugal, and we will be in a good spot heading into our game with Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Chapman View Post
            Ghana has eliminated us the past two world cups, but we haven't faced them with Jurgen.

Comment

Originally posted by gs27 View Post
              I do not belive we have played Ghana under Klinnsman. His style of play seems much better suited to put up a big number against them. Despite Klinnsman being a "possession coach", I see us holding much less against Ghana then in previous matches, but scoring alot more. Aggressive play will result in more goals, as opposed to holding the ball, waiting for the seas to part, and trying to score with a big ball because we are worried about making a mistake and giving up the Ghana speed counter. Let them have 1 or 2 counter goals, just keep your foot on the gas and score 6.

Beat Ghana 6-2, find a way to draw with Portugal, and we will be in a good spot heading into our game with Germany.
              We actually match up really well against Portugal. Cristiano has a way of putting that team on his back. I'm optimistic that they can win two games. I'd be shocked if we're able to draw with Germany.

Comment

Jurgen Klinsmann just signed a 4 year extension through 2018.

This is great for U.S. soccer. We've come a long way.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...ract-extension

Comment

Joao Mountinho would be a superstar if he played for the USMNT

That is all you need to know about that match up

Ghana will be a problem

Germany, ugh....

Comment

W T F?! Landon Donovan left out of the US men's soccer roster??!!.

Comment

The only competitive team in their bracket looks like Mexico. That first grouping had Argentina, Spain, Germany, and Brazil. That's brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by revan View Post
                        W T F?! Landon Donovan left out of the US men's soccer roster??!!.
                        http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/i...-squad?cc=5901

Interesting takes in this video on the decision. I was amazed as well.

Congrats to Brad Davies for making the squad.
                        TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
                          The only competitive team in their bracket looks like Mexico. That first grouping had Argentina, Spain, Germany, and Brazil. That's brutal.
                          That was the pots for drawing the seeds. USA ended up in the so-called "group of death". Portugal and Germany are both ranked top 5 in the world and Ghana is no slouch.

TexansCap.com

Comment

Today is the day!

5:00 PM • Estádio das Dunas, Natal • Group G

GHANA VS USA

Led by Texas native Clint Dempsey, the USMNT faces off against African powerhouse Ghana. This match will determine everything in my opinion. Our world cup chances have been destroyed by Ghana the last two cups. I feel like our young back line gives us a fighting chance. Luckily we have a lot of momentum and Altidore finally scored in the last send off match. I expect a hard fought victory.

GO USA!

Comment

Go USA! Portugal got ran over by Germany earlier today.
                              TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
                              X