How bout dem Rockets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout dem Rockets?

I guess no one cares, but they are playing pretty good. I'm already looking to the next series...probably shouldn't do that huh?
    I saw games 1,2 the last quarter of 3, and missed game 4. Hopefully we can close it out and get ready for the next challengers.

Anyone else paying attention to the Rockets playoff run?
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Better believe Im watching!! Been hoping for another championship for years now...

Only thing that concerns me with this team is the lack of defense and the fact that they live or die by the 3....we've had terrible shooting droughts especially from beyond the arc and in order to continue this run against better teams like the Spurs and the Warriors...we are going to have to play better defense and find more ways to score....for the life of me I can not figure out how Anderson is starting over Lou Williams...He has been ice cold from 3 and b/c of it he has been hesitant to take the shot, his defense is non existent and "Sweet Lou" is a better defender, scorer, and can create for himself...

Glad to see Nene has some reserve in the tank...I like Capella, but he is still too light to body up with bigger centers in the league and gets dominated down low.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprtsfanatic View Post
      Better believe Im watching!! Been hoping for another championship for years now...

Only thing that concerns me with this team is the lack of defense and the fact that they live or die by the 3....we've had terrible shooting droughts especially from beyond the arc and in order to continue this run against better teams like the Spurs and the Warriors...we are going to have to play better defense and find more ways to score....for the life of me I can not figure out how Anderson is starting over Lou Williams...He has been ice cold from 3 and b/c of it he has been hesitant to take the shot, his defense is non existent and "Sweet Lou" is a better defender, scorer, and can create for himself...

Glad to see Nene has some reserve in the tank...I like Capella, but he is still too light to body up with bigger centers in the league and gets dominated down low.
      I was beginning to think I was the only one. Ha. Good points. I don't under stand the shooting droughts either with the talent on the team. Seems like when that starts to happen Ariza is always there to drive an easy lay up and get us going again. Nene is awesome. He has been so important in several wins so far and Harden has been able to figure out a way to get the win all year. I hope he continues that against the better teams.

Anderson hasn't been doing much. I think this is more of a chemistry thing that the coach doesn't want to change now.

When i was in Hawaii (many years ago) they have this endangered bird...the Nene. And there are signs all over the place saying "Don't feed the Nene". Everytime Harden feeds him and he scores I say...Don't feed the Nene. even though I really am saying keep feeding the Nene!

Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Thats BRILLIANT!! You should make those signs and start passing them out in front of the toyota center before games...that would be awesome!!

Comment

And no singing about people scuffing up perfectly good dance floors in here!!!

If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Thats BRILLIANT!! You should make those signs and start passing them out in front of the toyota center before games...that would be awesome!!
            It's just fortunate that he changed his name from Hilario to Nene back in 2003 lol.

The funny part of the story is that even though I saw a zillion of those signs everywhere you went....the only time I saw a Nene was in a museum stuffed. Maybe if more people fed them there would be more around...just sayin'.
            TexansCap.com

Comment

Okay, tonight is game 1 against teh Spurs. If we can get the win tonight, it sure would put a lot of doubt in the Spurs for the rest of the series.

Direct tv people chanel 245 at 8 30. Another 30 minutes. Line is we lose by 3
              Last edited by Yosarian; 05-01-2017, 08:00 PM.
              TexansCap.com

Comment

Looks like the vegas line was a little off. lol 9 minutes left and it's 105 - 72 Rockets!!!!!
                They are killing the spurs out there and making it look easy. This is how you start a series in their house..
                TexansCap.com

Comment

talk about a GREAT game. Complete and total domination from the start. They demoralized them boys well before halftime and they never recovered. If we can keep up the pace and shoot the 3 like that it opens up EVERYTHING for the offense. Capela went off, Nene was good, Harden was great, Pat was Pat, and Ariza and Anderson actually started nailing 3's...thats the way we've gotta play and close this one out early.

Comment

talk about a GREAT game. Complete and total domination from the start. They demoralized them boys well before halftime and they never recovered. If we can keep up the pace and shoot the 3 like that it opens up EVERYTHING for the offense. Capela went off, Nene was good, Harden was great, Pat was Pat, and Ariza and Anderson actually started nailing 3's...thats the way we've gotta play and close this one out early.
                    No doubt. Capella actually was a force in this one and everyone was playing great. Ariza was on fire too. It was just an overall team win with everyone playing fantastic. Not too exciting when we had a 20 point lead after the first few minutes but I didn't care. It was great watching the Spurs not even bother to hustle to loose balls or recover after a turnover. They quit after the first quarter and this is what i was hoping for when I posted that post was to beat them in this one and make them realize, it's over. Of course it isn't, but what a great start. I'll bet the referees get some of our guys in foul trouble early the next game. Just the way it is in the NBa.
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

Your not kidding...I wasnt happy about the officiating to start the 2nd half and Im sure they will do all they can to drag this series out and try to give the Spurs the game.

Why is the same officiating crew following us from the OKC series?? I really dont like them and dont think they should be stuck with the same officiating crew. Their no calls on fouls cold obviously effect not only the game but the series.

Comment

Your not kidding...I wasnt happy about the officiating to start the 2nd half and Im sure they will do all they can to drag this series out and try to give the Spurs the game.

Why is the same officiating crew following us from the OKC series?? I really dont like them and dont think they should be stuck with the same officiating crew. Their no calls on fouls cold obviously effect not only the game but the series.
                        I don't know how the officiating crew gets their assignments. If we keep banging in those 3's, it won't matter what they do. Ha!
                        TexansCap.com

Comment

yeah but I gotta feeling the spurs will come out strong tonight...if we can withstand that first wave I think they will wither away late. We just have to come out gunning like we did last game. Keep the tempo up and they will gas out late...especially after their grueling series against the grizzlies.

If we can go up 2-0 we might be able to complete a clean sweep and rest before the next series

Comment

2-0 would be good. I'm not happy about the 15,000 fine Nene got for protecting Harden. It's like in football, you don't mess with my quarterback. Dedmon started, and escalated the the whole thing and when Nene pushed him away from Harden, he gets ejected and technical and fined for it. He couldn;'t have escalated anything if Dedmon hadn't rubbed noses with Harden in the first place.

Tonight at 8.30 same channel I think. Can't wait. this should be an all out do or die game for the Spurs. We'll see if they have anything left after the embarrassment last game.
                            TexansCap.com

Comment

Yeah the fine and ejection were total BS and was glad to see Beverley get under his skin and get him ejected. Like I said I dont like that officiating crew ONE BIT. Hopefully our boys come out strong tonight and run them down and in the dirt again. Handing them another embarrassing loss would go a long way in shooting down their confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X