No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Rockets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know nothing about bball, but I do recall seeing him somewhere with some bad body language and hearing similar reports...

Football is so slow I'm posting bball news. That's baaad.

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
      The Houston Rockets are working to flip their $10M in non-guaranteed contracts for players or assets, league sources tell ESPN.

Comment

He does have a reputation for playing selfishly, but nobody can take away the fact that he does work hard to improve his game. He'll be an upgrade here.

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn
          Sources with @WindhorstESPN: James Harden and Rockets are progressing toward deal on biggest contract extension in NBA history.

Comment

Report: Knicks to revive Carmelo Anthony trade talks with Rockets

The Knicks got their man, overpaying to pull Tim Hardaway Jr. away from the Hawks.

Now they want to get rid of the guy who used to be their man.

With Hardaway in house, the Knicks are expected to ramp up talks with Houston to trade Carmelo Anthony, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
            The Knicks’ acquisition of Hardaway Jr., to the staggering deal is expected to trigger a renewed willingness to work with the Houston Rockets on trade scenarios to unload Carmelo Anthony, league sources told ESPN.

The Rockets have been persistent in their pursuit of Anthony, who is willing to waive his no-trade clause to join Chris Paul and James Harden in Houston, league sources told ESPN, and the Knicks do not imagine a scenario where Hardaway Jr. is sharing the floor with Anthony to start the season.
            Both Mike D’Antoni and Carmelo Anthony have said their past difference can be put aside.

To make this happen, the Rockets have a number of non-guaranteed contracts on the roster that can save the Knicks money, there likely would be a pick or picks, the question is whether Eric Gordon or Ryan Anderson (the later’s salary is almost $20 million a year for three years) would have to head East to get the salaries to match up? The Knicks may want Gordon, but unlikly they want to take on Anderson’s contract (at least without other sweeteners in the package).

If Anthony comes to the Rockets, how much better does he make them? He certainly brings scoring, he can get isolation buckets and can shoot the rock. But the reasons he didn’t fit in with what D’Antoni wanted to do in New York have not changed. If anything, Anthony’s deliberate, ball-stopping style will be more of an issue with a Rockets team that does play fast and move the ball.

Then there is Anthony’s defense. Can you imagine how the Warriors will exploit him, dragging ‘Melo into every pick-and-roll?

For a Rockets team looking to add talent and go at the Warriors, Anthony may be the best available player right now, and he would be an upgrade (how much depends on what they surrender). But he doesn’t get them past the Warriors, if anything he will be tough to play in that matchup.

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
              Sources: Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios that include four-team deals. Sides motivated but no agreement imminent.

Comment

Knicks-Rockets deal to send Carmelo Anthony to Houston 'is at the two yard line'

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
                A deal that would end the Carmelo Anthony era in New York and reunite the All Star forward with Mike D'Antoni in Houston "is at the two yard line" a person familiar with the trade negotiations told the Daily News.

On Wednesday, ESPN reported that the Knicks and Rockets are trying to recruit a fourth team into a proposed deal to facilitate a blockbuster trade. The deal needs to be expanded due to Anthony's contract and the fact that the Knicks are opposed to acquiring Rockets forward Ryan Anderson.

The Knicks plan is to avoid adding veteran players with long term contracts.

A deal to Houston would pair Anthony with his long time friend, Chris Paul, as well as his former Olympic teammate James Harden. Late last month, Harden and Anthony attended fashion week in Paris. It was there where Harden began actively recruiting Anthony to Houston knowing that the Rockets were on the verge of acquiring Paul from the Los Angeles Clippers.

Soon afterward, Anthony, who is under contract for two more years, informed the Knicks that he would waive his no trade clause to play for the Rockets.

Anthony would also be willing to play with LeBron James in Cleveland but as of now the two teams have not been able to come close to striking a deal.

Anthony is also concerned that LeBron may leave the Cavs next summer once LeBron becomes a free agent. It has been speculated for weeks that James is interested in signing with the Lakers.

Houston is a more stable situation. Plus, it is financially beneficial for Anthony to play in Texas, which does not have income tax.

Cleveland would provide Anthony with a more realistic path of reaching his first NBA Finals. The road in the Western Conference is far more challenging, especially with the defending champion Golden State Warriors bringing their top eight players back.

The Rockets lost to the Spurs in the second round last May with Harden disappearing in Game 6. It was an odd ending to an MVP caliber season for Harden, who became the Rockets primary ball handler.

But the Rockets will alter the way they play with the addition of Paul. A deal for Anthony would have him playing for D'Antoni for the second time in his career. The initial partnership didn't fare well with D'Antoni quitting because Anthony was unhappy playing for D'Antoni.

“(Carmelo and I) don’t have a bad relationship. I speak to him. He’s a good guy,” D’Antoni, who coached Anthony as an assistant with Team USA, said last year on The Vertical podcast. “But I had one vision that I wanted him to play one way. He wanted to go the other way. I couldn’t get to my way.”

A four-team trade hasn’t been completed in the NBA since 2012, when Dwight Howard went from the Magic to the Lakers in a deal that also included the Nuggets and Sixers. The complexity of such trades make them easily combustible.

All it takes is one piece to fall off and the whole thing falls apart.

In 2010, the New Jersey Nets nearly traded for Anthony in a four-team deal before it unraveled within a few days.

The Knicks goal in free agency was to get faster and more athletic. They signed Tim Hardaway Jr. and Ron Baker to a combined $80 million.

Although the Knicks only have about $1.4 million in cap space, they could theoretically create more by trading Anthony. It depends on how much guaranteed salary they take back.

Comment

I'm not a bball fan. Not my cuppa tea. No hate, just not very interested despite having close ties to Rockets of the past.

But...

I like this Chris Paul. He gets it.

His "entourage" that followed him here to his introductory press conference consisted of his wife and kids, his parents, his wife's parents, his brother and his brother's wife.

And that special something that I look for in football players -- and find very infrequently -- that drives them to be great... that ultra-competitiveness... he's got it. He's loaded with it.

I've never seen him play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWOVSjTIiYk

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    I'm not a bball fan. Not my cuppa tea. No hate, just not very interested despite having close ties to Rockets of the past.

But...

I like this Chris Paul. He gets it.

His "entourage" that followed him here to his introductory press conference consisted of his wife and kids, his parents, his wife's parents, his brother and his brother's wife.

And that special something that I look for in football players -- and find very infrequently -- that drives them to be great... that ultra-competitiveness... he's got it. He's loaded with it.

I've never seen him play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWOVSjTIiYk
                    Ditto.
                    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Tarek Fattal @Tarek_Fattal
                      Very solid source close to HOU tells me that Carmelo Anthony is likely to be a Rocket by early this coming week. Stay tuned..

Comment

Working...
                      X