Rockets land the beard James Harden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets land the beard James Harden

Got him in a trade, I think they gave up Jeremy Lamb and Kevin Martin.

pretty crazy trade. Definitely going to be interesting. Rockets gave up a lot expecting Harden to be a franchise player.

Comment

Gotta say, our GM tries and isn't afraid to do things. was hoping they were tanking a season for a lottery pick.

Comment

Glad to have another SunDevil in Houston
        sigpic

Comment

In addition to Kevin Martin, the Thunder will also recieve first-round pick Jeremy Lamb and two first-round picks.

The Rockets will also receive center Cole Aldrich and forwards Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook.

Martin career average of 18.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists

Harden career average of 12.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists

The Thunder didn't lose anything. IMO they gained one of the most underrated players in the NBA (Martin) and a valuable prospect (Lamb).

The Rockets are desperate and just want names to fill the seats. OKC pulled one over on them.
          Last edited by XLR8TX; 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I think Lamb is going to be a star in this league.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not much of a copy and paste type but I thought this was a very good write up on Harden. I still think we may have given up too much but you don't get already proven stars for cheap.

In the pick-and-roll, Harden is downright devastating. Last year he ranked in the league’s 97th percentile in such situations according to Synergy Sports, generating 1.06 points per possession. By the way, that’s better than LeBron James, Chris Paul and Steve Nash. Let that sink in for a moment. And when you recover, please realize that Harden isn’t just someone who excels at creating offense for himself; he’s also a deft passer plenty capable of generating scoring opportunities for his teammates as well.

The Arizona State product is also a foul-drawing machine and dynamite finisher around the rim. Harden converted 70.4 percent of his shots at the rim according to Hoopdata.com – the top mark of any shooting guard in the league last year. And the rate at which he got to the line also places him right at the very top of his position in that category.

Harden is a deadly spot-up shooter, knocking down 39 percent of his shots from beyond the arc a season ago. In fact, in spot-up situations Harden ranked in the 93rd percentile in the NBA last year, generating 1.158 points per possession.

Oh, and go figure: All those threes, free throws and layups he creates add up to a ridiculous true shooting percentage of 66% - the fourth best figure in the entire league.

Comment

Its a great trade. Morey is trying to make it even more appealing for a bigger FA to want to come to HST. If you thought that was going to happen with Lamb and Martin your wrong. The picks were down the line and hold no guarantees. I like the deal.
                I.R.H.T.W.I.T.L.

Comment

Originally posted by XLR8TX View Post
                  In addition to Kevin Martin, the Thunder will also recieve first-round pick Jeremy Lamb and two first-round picks.

The Rockets will also receive center Cole Aldrich and forwards Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook.

Martin career average of 18.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists

Harden career average of 12.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists

The Thunder didn't lose anything. IMO they gained one of the most underrated players in the NBA (Martin) and a valuable prospect (Lamb).

The Rockets are desperate and just want names to fill the seats. OKC pulled one over on them.
                  Kevin Martin is far from underrated. He is a one dimensional player who has peaked and his peak is not enough to be a leader of a team. He is also turning 30 this season. No doubt, Martin can be a solid contributor in OKC but he had no value in Houston. Why do you think it took so much other assets to get Harden to Houston.

Jeremy Lamb on the other hand, is a risk. We don't know what he might develop into along with those 2 first round picks.

Its not smart to compare Harden and Martins career stats. Martin is about to turn 30. Harden is entering his 4th year in the league and is 23 years old. And he has never been a starter. Harden is a better all around player than Martin and he is only going to get better as he develops.

Comment

Still a mediocre team...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedTexans View Post
                      Still a mediocre team...
                      Well yea, a bit, but come on, blame the city at this point. Morey hasn't been able to get much more then a ticker headline getting a FA here. This is a move to better attract a big FA and solidify the backcourt. We still have many assets to package in another deal.

Do you actually think Morey thinks this will bring a championship to HST? Of course not so it may take a bit but Morey will keep dealing until the team is in the position to contend.
                      I.R.H.T.W.I.T.L.

Comment

Originally posted by AZTexan View Post
                        Well yea, a bit, but come on, blame the city at this point. Morey hasn't been able to get much more then a ticker headline getting a FA here. This is a move to better attract a big FA and solidify the backcourt. We still have many assets to package in another deal.

Do you actually think Morey thinks this will bring a championship to HST? Of course not so it may take a bit but Morey will keep dealing until the team is in the position to contend.
                        and that I like. Atleast he's trying something................Not like the Astros.!!!!!!

Comment

If Lin pans out like we all hope he will our team will definitely attract some big name FA's. I could see us contending within the next year or 2. Great trade, another fine step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by mmtex63 View Post
                            and that I like. Atleast he's trying something................Not like the Astros.!!!!!!
                            Dude I hate watching what has happen to the Astros... its like a train wreck that won't stop, not even for the children.

Comment

I think the Rockets might surprise a few people.

Comment

Working...
                              X