Implode...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implode...

Morey and the Rockets gave it the ol' college try and pretty much came up empty. Maybe it's time to go the route of the Houston Baseball franchise. Sale off the assets and bag picks and some players in return. Howard will be gone and maybe it's time the Rockets shopped Harden. I'm sure Harden could fetch some young talent and some RD1's to begin the rebuilding project. Throw in any other veteran not carrying his weight that might yield a pick.

The short term might be ugly but the long-term results could be much more consistent.

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post
    Morey and the Rockets gave it the ol' college try and pretty much came up empty. Maybe it's time to go the route of the Houston Baseball franchise. Sale off the assets and bag picks and some players in return. Howard will be gone and maybe it's time the Rockets shopped Harden. I'm sure Harden could fetch some young talent and some RD1's to begin the rebuilding project. Throw in any other veteran not carrying his weight that might yield a pick.

The short term might be ugly but the long-term results could be much more consistent.
    Or we could try to land a decent head cough and see what happens. It was Hardens brilliance and MVP season that made us the 2nd best in the west last year with so many players missing time with injuries. There has been marked lethargy and noticeable lack of team chemistry this year. Regardless, we need a head coach if we have any plans to make another deep playoff run in the near future.

Comment

May I also include dumping Morey and Bickerstaff in this complete overhaul concept. As soon as word leaked that Harden had hooked up with a Kardashian, knew his season was going into the toilet...it has, along with his ability to play defense.

If it were my move...keep Dwight Howard and sign Kevin Durant. I think a Durant / Howard would be far more potent than Harden / Howard. Trade for Ricky Rubio who's primary roll would be to dish out assists...he does this quite well. Before I forget, sign Walton away from Golden State and name him the new HC. This is my starting point for rebuilding the Rockets along with the other moves mentioned above...except Howard.

Comment

May I also include dumping Morey and Bickerstaff in this complete overhaul concept. As soon as word leaked that Harden had hooked up with a Kardashian, knew his season was going into the toilet...it has, along with his ability to play defense.

If it were my move...keep Dwight Howard and sign Kevin Durant. I think a Durant / Howard would be far more potent than Harden / Howard. Trade for Ricky Rubio who's primary roll would be to dish out assists...he does this quite well. Before I forget, sign Walton away from Golden State and name him the new HC. This is my starting point for rebuilding the Rockets along with the other moves mentioned above...except Howard.
        I agree but I think harden is still a player to build around, he's still young. Maybe this season will light a fire under him. I'd love Walton, bickerstaff needs to go. I like morey as well. I'd let Dwight opt out as he probably will and let him be some other teams problem. We'll have a lottery pick, maybe we can trade up using our first maybe ariza and Brewer and take Jamal Murray or finally get a 4

Comment

Land durant, cut/trade Brewer, sign gasol.

Comment

I think the ills from Howard have been directly related to the fact that the Rockets have under utilized the big guy.

As for Harden, he puts up far too many shots for a guy hitting 43%. Harden leads the team in Assists (7.5 APG) as SG...which means Harden has his hands on the ball far too much.

I truly believe that the Rockets would perform better with Howard, Durant and a true PG.

Comment

I think the ills from Howard have been directly related to the fact that the Rockets have under utilized the big guy.

As for Harden, he puts up far too many shots for a guy hitting 43%. Harden leads the team in Assists (7.5 APG) as SG...which means Harden has his hands on the ball far too much.

I truly believe that the Rockets would perform better with Howard, Durant and a true PG.
              I have to agree/Disagree. I do agree that we need a better PG. That's a must. I just do not like Howard any more. He's not a team first guy. I think that losing McHale threw this season and the locker room in turmoil. We need somebody who can handle all the personalities in this locker room. I'd love to see Tom Thibodeau, Jeff Van Gundy, and Luke Walton as our next head coach, in that order. Tom would hold Harden accountable for his defense and ultimately make our defense as a team much better.

Comment

Well boys, it looks like win and in for us tomorrow. Unless we lose and then we would need the Jazz to fall to the Lakers. Either way, looks like there's a pretty good chance we make it in with Sacramento shutting down most of their key players and Gobert not playing tomorrow for Utah. Plus it's Kobe's final game..you gotta think the Lakers will take that one even if we find a way to slip up against Sacramento. I just hope we don't get totally embarrassed by Golden State (which we likely will)

Comment

Could be interesting...has GS utilized all their Playoff energy to hit 73 wins? They've been playing some tight games down the stretch and even got caught looking past the Timberwolves at home. Like I said, it could be interesting...

Comment

Could be interesting...has GS utilized all their Playoff energy to hit 73 wins? They've been playing some tight games down the stretch and even got caught looking past the Timberwolves at home. Like I said, it could be interesting...
                    I don't care if we squeaked in, I still feel like we can beat the Golden Boys.
                    Is that dumb? Ah who cares. Go Rockets. Let's start this year off with a Championship by knocking off the number 1 seed! Never unde restimate the heart of a beard.
                    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

78 - 104

We've packed it in folks! Beat down. After all they only won like 30+ more regular season games. Anyone think that heart of a champion thing is still a thing? Never should have got rid of McHale.

I'd like to retract my previous homer post. We can not beat this team.
                      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

Curry is sitting tomorrow so we have a slight chance. GS has more talent, are far superior coaching. Bicker staff is horrible. If Brewer plays more than 5 minutes were toast

Comment

Not sure why Harrell doesn't get more PT
                          `A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pāna`i.

Comment

Rockets win by 1. Harden is just that good. 2-1. Still doesn't look good but at least there is a chance.
                            TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                              Rockets win by 1. Harden is just that good. 2-1. Still doesn't look good but at least there is a chance.
                              Roclets would be well served to blow it up after this season.

Bickerstaff. Morey. Harden.

All gone.
                              `A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pāna`i.

Comment

Working...
                              X