Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Mike D'Antoni soon to be next Rox HC

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2016/5/...s-it-scare-you

Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Rox are close to formalizing a deal with MDA to be the team's next HC.

A separate report says they have recently interviewed Hornets assistant Stephen Silas a 2nd time, but made it clear they were looking for an Associate HC to work with D'Antoni.

They've also recently interviewed Raptors assistant Rex Kalamian and Grizz assistant Jeff Bzdelik recently, likely for the Associate HC job.
    `A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pâna`i.

Update:

This is changing day by day. Hornets Assistant Stephen Silas is now being considered, and he'd come with Lionel Hollins as his top assistant.

Comment

Sources: Stephen Silas to meet with Steve Kerr about Warriors' top assistant job
      Adrian Wojnarowski
      Golden State received Charlotte’s permission to discuss the Warriors’ top assistant coaching job with Silas, and the Warriors are moving quickly to secure him before the Houston Rockets can offer him their head-coaching job, league sources said.

Portland was granted permission Sunday to talk to Silas about being the top assistant to Blazers coach Terry Stotts, league soures said.

Suddenly, the pressure is growing on Houston to make a decision between Silas and Philadelphia 76ers associate head coach Mike D’Antoni for the Rockets’ job.

The Rockets are seriously considering a coaching partnership that includes Silas and Lionel Hollins as associate head coach, league sources said. What had become a Houston process destined to hire D’Antoni has been transformed into a two-candidate race.

The Warriors could no longer wait until the end of the playoffs to secure Luke Walton’s replacement on Kerr’s staff because of Silas’ growing candidacy in Houston. Golden State is playing Oklahoma City on Sunday in Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.

Silas was an assistant for the Warriors from 2006-10 and built a strong working relationship with two-time MVP Stephen Curry.

Silas, 42, made a significant impression on the Rockets’ front office in two interviews, and his preparation under well-regarded Charlotte coach Steve Clifford has pushed him into contention for the job, league sources said. Silas met with Houston general manager Daryl Morey a second time on Thursday, a meeting that included his initial audience with owner Leslie Alexander.

Alexander has taken a significant role in the coaching search and has long admired D’Antoni.

For you basketballers, a partnership.
      Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
        NBA coaching sources say James Borrego, after Monday's interview in Houston, has progressed to a meeting this week with owner Les Alexander
        Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Back to D'Antoni and done deal...
          Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
          Sources: Two strong candidates for D'Antoni's staff include Memphis assistant Jeff Bzdelik and Roy Rogers, who was with Washington.

D'Antoni is finalizing a four-year deal with the Rockets that will include a team option in final year, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Houston is surrounding D'Antoni with an experienced, high-level coaching staff, including possibly Jeff Bzdelik as defensive coordinator.

Houston is finalizing a deal to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Comment

Sources: Mike D'Antoni finalizing contract to coach Rockets
            By Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical
            The Houston Rockets are finalizing a four-year, $16 million-plus deal to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach, league sources told The Vertical.

Philadelphia 76ers, was the strong preference of Houston ownership, and brings with him his vaunted "Seven Seconds or Less" offense that he'll build around All-Star guard James Harden.

Rockets center Dwight Howard has a chance to opt out of the final year of his contract, and the hiring of D'Antoni – whose styles clashed together with the Lakers – could be another factor in Howard deciding to become a free agent.

The Rockets plan to build a veteran staff around D'Antoni, which likely will include Memphis Grizzlies defensive coordinator Jeff Bzdelik and Washington Wizards assistant Roy Rogers, league sources said. Toronto Raptors assistant Rex Kalamian, whom Harden is fond of from his Oklahoma City days, is another possible assistant, sources said.

D'Antoni, 65, revolutionized NBA offenses with Steve Nash with the Suns, and views the Rockets job as his final head-coaching stop.

After the Los Angeles Lakers let go of D'Antoni at the end of the 2013-14 season, he's spent most of his time living in West Virginia until the 76ers hired him during last season. D'Antoni reached the Western Conference finals twice in his five seasons as the Suns coach (2003-08) and reached the playoffs twice again – once with the New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Comment

100% Les Alexander's choice.

Morey wanted Van Gundy.

Be interesting to see how owner interference turns out in the NBA. (But I'm not watching any games).

Comment

'Official Fire D'Antoni Thread' is already in full swing on ClutchFans.

Comment

Oh good lawd, my basketball team is dysfunctional.

Comment

Working...
                  X