X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State/Paterno/Sandusky

oh....Nevermind
    sigpic

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/SBTexans08/GIFS/markey_mark_***.gif[/IMG]

Comment

2012 HTMB Consolation Champion

Comment

Oh. You didn't make an actual thread on this?

Anyways, I was curious if anyone thinks the NCAA is going to take action on this. The word is is that they actually CAN'T, but I guess we'll play "wait and see."

Comment

It is shocking to me how out of touch Penn State fans are with the whole situation.
          ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

the bill will come due

It will perhaps sober them up when the university has hundreds of millions of dollars in civil court judgments to deal with and some of the people who were in charge in "Happy Valley" go to prison.

Comment

My thoughts and Prayers go to the Victims and their Family..

The arrogance of Penn States admin,staff,alumini and Students is disgusting. I've never believed in the wholly than thou attitude of this university. I am glad the Truth about this *****hole of a university has finally surfaced. Paterno and the School have been covering up their indescresions for decades.

Give the Football program the Death Penalty, melt down the statue and change the name on the Library.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedTexans View Post
                My thoughts and Prayers go to the Victims and their Family..

The arrogance of Penn States admin,staff,alumini and Students is disgusting. I've never believed in the wholly than thou attitude of this university. I am glad the Truth about this *****hole of a university has finally surfaced. Paterno and the School have been covering up their indescresions for decades.

Give the Football program the Death Penalty, melt down the statue and change the name on the Library.

Penn State is like an isolated cult that blindly follows Joe Paterno. It's crazy how so many of them are still defending him. I don't care if he told the president or athletic director. Joe Paterno was the most powerful man within that university by a long shot and he tolerated child molestation for over 14 years.
                ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

Originally posted by Vance87 View Post
                  lol....classic!

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                    Penn State is like an isolated cult that blindly follows Joe Paterno. It's crazy how so many of them are still defending him. I don't care if he told the president or athletic director. Joe Paterno was the most powerful man within that university by a long shot and he tolerated child molestation for over 14 years.
                    Agreed, Covered it up for the almighty squeaky clean Football Program.

.. I hope the rest of his Dirty Deeds come to light soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RedTexans View Post
                      Agreed, Covered it up for the almighty squeaky clean Football Program.

.. I hope the rest of his Dirty Deeds come to light soon.
                      Maybe he did cover it up to protect the football program but I am also of the opinion that a man that old cannot run a football program at that high of a level. He was 80some years old and was the boss "god" of the football program and really the university. He was worshiped at PSU and was clearly the head man, but in reality, no one was really in charge because he just wanted to be the symbolic head coach yet no one was doing the leading of the football program which is why this filth was allowed to go on for so long. I put a ton of the blame on Paterno but the whole atmosphere around that university and town is to blame as well. That's just my opinion.
                      ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

as ugly as the facts are/were in the Penn State Sandusky scandal, I think it is very possible that the exact same thing could have happened at many Universities. Sadly, the whole "important" people get away with things that the average person would go to jail for standard, has been prevalent in our society for a long time. Does it make any of those involved less guilty? No, but we should condemn all those involved, and not the entire University.
                        Go Texans

Comment

Originally posted by Crank_It_Up View Post
                          as ugly as the facts are/were in the Penn State Sandusky scandal, I think it is very possible that the exact same thing could have happened at many Universities. Sadly, the whole "important" people get away with things that the average person would go to jail for standard, has been prevalent in our society for a long time. Does it make any of those involved less guilty? No, but we should condemn all those involved, and not the entire University.
                          I think there are very very few college sports programs where something like this could happen and by that I mean a situation where the crimes are allowed to continue for as long as they did at PSU. Penn State was a perfect storm for something like this to happen if it was going to happen anywhere. You have a blind cult-like following of Joe Paterno who was the most powerful man at the university who was 84 years old and in charge of running a major college football program. There is no way in hell you can convince me that Nick Saban, John Calipari, Urban Meyer, Bill Self, and most other top college coaches would allow child abuse to go on for 15 years. Yes I know those guys are guilty of recruiting violations and other competitive offenses but none of them would allow child abuse to go on for a long period of time.
                          ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                            I think there are very very few college sports programs where something like this could happen and by that I mean a situation where the crimes are allowed to continue for as long as they did at PSU. Penn State was a perfect storm for something like this to happen if it was going to happen anywhere. You have a blind cult-like following of Joe Paterno who was the most powerful man at the university who was 84 years old and in charge of running a major college football program. There is no way in hell you can convince me that Nick Saban, John Calipari, Urban Meyer, Bill Self, and most other top college coaches would allow child abuse to go on for 15 years. Yes I know those guys are guilty of recruiting violations and other competitive offenses but none of them would allow child abuse to go on for a long period of time.
                            I agree with PM18 on this one. I don't even think some small school would allow its head coach to cover up some crap like this. PSU's staff really failed to protect these kids, and so did Joe Paterno. He is just as guilty as Sanduskty on this one. You cannot allow something like this go on in your program as a head coach. Hell you cannot allow this go on as a person! I don't care what they were trying to protect, it matters very little at all. Kids were being hurt for 14 years, and no one did a thing to stop it. I have no sympathy to Paterno's family, the university, or the lousy football program.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ons/56427630/1

60 million dollar fine, they are banned from bowl games for 4 years, they lose out on a bunch of scholarships, they lose out on the shared revenue between all the Big 10 teams during the conference championship game, and Joe Pa loses every single win he had from 1998-2011. He's no longer the winning-est coach in the NCAA.

The players at Penn State can transfer schools without penalty.

Wow. I might have missed a few things but this is the death penalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X