This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    #UCLA CB Fabian Moreau, a possible first-round pick, had successful surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle, per me and @MikeGarafolo
    Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo
    Recovery time: 4-6 months, though source says there's a hope he's back by camp.

Top ~50 player.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

On Tuesday’s PFT Live, former Miami tight end David Njoku told a humorous — and bizarre — story from his time in Indianapolis.

Njoku said that, when he walked into the room to meet with one specific team, the head coach and scouts declined to shake his hand. And then they glared at him for a while before someone asked this question: Where does the sun rise, and where does it set?
      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
      Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Nolan Nawrocki, formerly of NFL.com, was known more for his brutal "red flag" writeups than his rankings...

FWIW, here's his 2017 top 75 I stumbled across...

Last edited by H2O4me; 04-05-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
          Cleveland has not made up its mind at No. 1, per source. Split opinions. Some like Myles Garrett, some like Mitchell Trubisky. We will see.

Just had an NFL exec tell me, "Don't be surprised if Myles Garrett isn't the No. 1 pick." Exec convinced a QB is in discussion at No. 1.

Comment

Mark Dominik @MarkdominikESPN
            Over past four #NFLDrafts the team that drafted the 1st overall Quarterback, (Manuel/Bortles/Winston/Goff) none of the head coaches remain

Comment

One year ago today...

Comment

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
                Broncos visited today w/ Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk.

Will visit with Utah's Garett Bolles Tue or Wed.

They're in play at No. 20.

Comment

DA Draft Buzz April 21: Comparing Draft Boards

Tony Pauline/Draft Analyst Writer
                  One week from today, we’ll know the players selected in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft. And while teams continue to tinker with their boards, many have their top 32 in order. Here’s a look at two of those teams.

During conversations a pair of teams rattled off the players they grade as the top 32 on their draft board. The order or the way the teams graded these players from top to bottom was not revealed nor was it asked.

In comparing the top 32 from both lists, the teams had these 28 players listed as potential first-round picks on their respective boards (listed alphabetically by position):
                  CB Gareon Conley Ohio State
                  CB Kevin King Washington
                  CB Marshon Lattimore Ohio State
                  CB Tre'Davious White LSU
                  DE Jonathan Allen Alabama
                  DE Derek Barnett Tennessee
                  DE Taco Charlton Michigan
                  DE Myles Garrett Texas A&M
                  DE Charles Harris Missouri
                  DE Solomon Thomas Stanford
                  G Forrest Lamp Western Kentucky
                  ILB Jarrad Davis Florida
                  OLB Takkarist McKinley UCLA
                  OLB Haason Reddick Temple
                  QB Mitch Trubisky North Carolina
                  RB Dalvin Cook Florida State
                  RB Leonard Fournette LSU
                  RB Christian McCaffrey Stanford
                  S Jamal Adams LSU
                  S Malik Hooker Ohio State
                  T Garett Bolles Utah
                  T Ryan Ramczyk Wisconsin
                  T Cam Robinson Alabama
                  TE O.J. Howard Alabama
                  TE David Njoku Miami-Fl
                  WR Corey Davis Western Michigan
                  WR John Ross Washington
                  WR Mike Williams Clemson
                  The breakdown:

6 defensive lineman

4 cornerbacks

4 offensive lineman

3 linebackers

3 running backs

3 wideouts

2 tight ends

2 safeties

1 quarterback

These are the eight players (four for each team) where the franchises differed -- one team had four of these players graded in their top 32 while the other franchise had four completely different prospects:
                  CB Chidobe Awuzie Colorado
                  CB Adoree' Jackson USC
                  DE Tarell Basham Ohio
                  ILB Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt
                  OLB Tim Williams Alabama
                  QB Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech
                  S Budda Baker Washington
                  S Jabrill Peppers Michigan
                  The breakdown:

2 cornerbacks

2 safeties

2 linebackers

1 defensive lineman

1 quarterback

The Takeaway

1 - I was surprised both teams graded Taco Charlton as a first-round selection.

2 - Neither team grades Deshaun Watson as a top-32 material. Watson has always been a second-round prospect on our board. It doesn’t mean he won’t be selected in the first round.

3 - Reuben Foster has dropped dramatically. The news of his failed/diluted drug test from yesterday was the icing on the cake. One team was ready to take him in the middle of Round 1 but has backed off. I’m told it’s a combination of what’s described as “horrible behavior” as well as concussion issues.

4 - Neither team feels Foster’s teammate, cornerback Marlon Humphrey, grades as one of the top 32 players in the draft. We reported earlier this week that more and more teams are comparing Humphrey to Dee Milliner as a straight-line cornerback.

5 - When asked about UConn defensive back Obi Melifonwu being a potential top-32 prospect, the response from both teams was unanimous -- no way.

Comment

Adam Schefter
                    With speculation swirling about John Ross' injury history, his agent Brad Cicala released this statement: "Despite recent reports, John Ross III has never sustained 2 ACL injury’s nor has he had 2 ACL surgeries. In January of 2015 he endured surgery on his right lateral meniscus and in April of 2015 he had surgery on his left ACL. Upon his return, Ross recorded 1150 yards and 16 touchdowns, and was also named the AP’s Pac-12 player of The Year. During the 2016 Stanford game (Game 5), John injured his right labrum but was able to finish the season strong. He went on to compete at the NFL Combine where he broke the 40-yard dash record by running a 4.22. Immediately after the combine, John underwent surgery on his right labrum and has been rehabbing ever since. A recent report from his doctor, Dr. Albert Gee, Division Chief from the Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine from the University of Washington, states that John’s recovery is ahead of schedule and he will be fully healthy by the start of NFL camp. I have confirmed with numerous NFL teams that John’s recent medical rechecks have come back positive."

Comment

Was Derek Barnett more a more productive pass-rusher than Myles Garrett in SEC play?

Comment

Just going off of these stats how / why is Garrett rated higher on most boards?
                        Religion, it's the process of worshipping the messenger and ignoring the message.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee View Post
                          Just going off of these stats how / why is Garrett rated higher on most boards?
                          Potential, athletic measureables, ceiling, etc.

Percentile is against same position group.

Myles Garrett
                          Measurable Measurement Percentile
                          Height 6' 4" 57
                          Weight 272 lbs 65
                          Arm Length 35¼" 92
                          Hand Size 10¼" 78
                          40 Yard Dash 4.64s 88
                          Vertical Jump 41" 98
                          Broad Jump 128" 96
                          Bench Press 33 reps 94
                          Derek Barnett
                          Measurable Measurement Percentile
                          Height 6' 3" 30
                          Weight 259 lbs 27
                          Arm Length 32⅛" 5
                          Hand Size 10" 58
                          40 Yard Dash 4.88s 38
                          Vertical Jump 31" 25
                          Broad Jump 117" 64
                          3-Cone Drill 6.96s 88
                          20 Yard Shuttle 4.44s 43

Comment

Book it, one or the other...

1 – Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M

2 – San Francisco 49ers – Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford

3- Chicago Bears – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
                            1 – Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M

2 – San Francisco 49ers – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

3- Chicago Bears – Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
                            Trade down possible under 2nd scenario, but gotta find a partner.
                            Last edited by H2O4me; 04-23-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Patrick Pinak @pinakk12
                              BREAKING: Former #Gators DL Caleb Brantley facing misdemeanor charge for allegedly knocking a woman unconscious that "displaced a tooth."

Comment

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt
                                Last year the Bucs gave Leonard Wester the biggest UDFA signing bonus: $20,000

By this time on Sunday, more than 300 undrafted players will be signed, some to offers with double-digit bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X