New Twist in a Texans trade for RG3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcates View Post
    However, at some point, people have to grow up and realize that things won't always be perfect, and you take the losses in FA and hope they can be adequately replaced. You also have to learn to live with the FO you have and realize that you will never love your FO because they will never make all the moves you want them to make. There will always be detractors because not everybody can be pleased all the time.

When you juxatpose where the Texans are as a franchise to where we were with a young AJ and David Carr, when our "big" free agent signing was Anthony Weaver...when we were giving Ron Dayne work out of the backfield...when C.C. Brown was a starting safety on our roster...you can see that this Front Office is not completely inept, nor is this coaching staff all that bad. We went from worst to mediocre to eventually a playoff team a few plays away from the AFC championship...with a 5th round rookie at the helm no less.
    Some people (ME) understand better than other people (YOU) that many of the player transactions are a result of bad management. There is a reason why each year starts with the Texans being up against the cap or over. There is a reason the Texans are in their 3rd year of Salary Cap Hell and next year will be even worse. This is a direct result of this FO bad management and decisions made in it's first three years and the same bad decisions that they keep making today that you seem to love.

You may be willing and happy to live with this FO but I am not and it doesn't matter how often you want to try tell me and others what to believe and not to believe. You may happy and willing to accept mediocrity and being average and ordinary. I will always be a voice against it.

You may love and like living with this FO but stop telling people to grow up, what they need to do and what to believe. That's just rude and arrogant. Some folks just don't prescribe to your low level of mediocrity.

Weaver and Dayne are by products of this FO as was Ahman Green and this list goes on and on.

I have said that Kubiak is a genius on the field but Smubiak is equally inept in their off field management.

As for the playoff team, it was done sans Peyton Manning, the division in disarray and playing the easiest schedule in the league. Despite all this the Texans still could not beat good teams over .500 on a consistent basis.
    Bob McNair -"Hire Eliot Wolf then get the heck out of the way."

Comment

Originally posted by Texian View Post

As for the playoff team, it was done sans Peyton Manning, the division in disarray and playing the easiest schedule in the league.
      Actually based on the 2010 standings the Texans schedule was the 10th most difficult schedule.
      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
        Actually based on the 2010 standings the Texans schedule was the 10th most difficult schedule.
        Yep, played the AFC North and went 3-1 against em. 4-1, if you count the Wildcard game. PLUS, three of the four teams from the North made the playoffs.

NFC South had two playoff teams. 2-2 against that division. And beat one of the playoff qualifiers. And it could be argued that the Saints game should have been a W with #23 in the lineup.
        sigpic

Comment

We get it

Appearing on a conference call with media Wednesday, ESPN's Jon Gruden called Baylor's Robert Griffin III "one of the most explosive quarterbacks to ever play the position."
          Gruden's evaluations are notoriously rose-colored, but he has a firm grasp of the Mike Shanahan offense, in addition to RG3's skills. "What Mike did in San Francisco with Steve Young, another mobile quarterback, those were as good of offensive tapes as Iíve ever seen," Gruden said. "When you get Robert Griffin, one of the most explosive quarterbacks to ever play the position, in a Mike Shanahan-type system, the possibilities are very exciting, I think, with Mike Shanahanís imagination." Apr 11 - 2:37 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii
          Texian are a huge RGIII fan and really wish he would end up a Texan. My opinion the Redskins gave up too much for him, but time will tell and it's just my opinion. There is no such thing in the NFL as a sure thing. Thats why there is Foster, Welker, Gates, Harrison, and there is Russell, Leaf, Curry, ect. Yes you can point to the Manning brothers, but isnt that more of the exception? Then there are the Hart Lee Dykes, Steve Emtman. Great talents who just couldnt stay healthy. RGIII is going to the Redskins. If we were going to sell the ship and do a Ricky Williams trade then Id want Luck over RGIII anyway. I cant believe I wasted my time typing this. You win again. You big jerk. Remind me after RGIII or course are you a Hill, Fleener, Wright, Hightower, or Perry guy?

Comment

Some people (ME) understand better than other people (YOU) that many of the player transactions are a result of bad management. There is a reason why each year starts with the Texans being up against the cap or over. There is a reason the Texans are in their 3rd year of Salary Cap Hell and next year will be even worse. This is a direct result of this FO bad management and decisions made in it's first three years and the same bad decisions that they keep making today that you seem to love.

You may be willing and happy to live with this FO but I am not and it doesn't matter how often you want to try tell me and others what to believe and not to believe. You may happy and willing to accept mediocrity and being average and ordinary. I will always be a voice against it.

You may love and like living with this FO but stop telling people to grow up, what they need to do and what to believe. That's just rude and arrogant. Some folks just don't prescribe to your low level of mediocrity.
            Weaver and Dayne are by products of this FO as was Ahman Green and this list goes on and on.

I have said that Kubiak is a genius on the field but Smubiak is equally inept in their off field management.

As for the playoff team, it was done sans Peyton Manning, the division in disarray and playing the easiest schedule in the league. Despite all this the Texans still could not beat good teams over .500 on a consistent basis.
            I believe the exact quote was "However, at some point, people have to grow up and realize that things won't always be perfect". Is this not a true statement? I don't believe I in any way attempted to tell someone what they need to believe...I merely stated a fact of life...things aren't always perfect. But, if you want to be overly sensitive and take it personally when it wasn't even directed toward you specifically, rather, it was a more generalized statement toward some of the more irrational people on the boards...well then I guess that's your perogative.

I have always valued your opinion here because you are not one prone to knee-jerk reactions and you take a logical, sensible, and football-minded approach to any discussion. Like I said before, that comment was not directed toward you which is why I said "people" and not you when replying directy to YOU. If I had wanted to make that implication, I would have been very direct about it. I completely understand your viewpoint on the matter, it just so happens I take a different side.

However, you certainly had no problem personally insulting me directly, which I feel is uncalled for, but I won't resort to taking it any further.

I never intended this discussion/debate to become an argument, and I will not feed into that. Clearly we have opposing viewpoints as pertains to the matter at hand, so I think it's best that we leave it at that.
            Last edited by gcates; 04-13-2012, 02:45 AM.
            Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

Comment

Hope for the best and see what happens.
              This pretty much sums up this entire thread. The mantra of the Houston Texas Football Fan.

Comment

Throw the farm at them. Tate, Schaub and our #1

Comment

Why would we throw away a promising season in 2012 to rebuild at the QB position. In most circles this would be considered a step in the wrong direction.
                  Peace is a myth.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion

Comment

I never intended this discussion/debate to become an argument, and I will not feed into that. Clearly we have opposing viewpoints as pertains to the matter at hand, so I think it's best that we leave it at that.
                    Agree, Fair Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                      2011 Easiest Schedules based on Opponents Win-Loss %

1. .441 = New Orleans
                      2. .449 = NE, SF
                      4. .453 = Houston

Comment

2011 Easiest Schedules based on Opponents Win-Loss %

1. .441 = New Orleans
                        2. .449 = NE, SF
                        4. .453 = Houston
                        Looks like this year we are going to have another easy go of it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...th-of-schedule

29th "most difficult" schedule, or 4th easiest.
                        Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

Comment

Why are people still posting in this thread? Crapp, I just did myself.

Seriously, though, does anyone really think Shanny coughed up the farm for RGIII so he could dump the pick?
                          Why do people point toward their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point toward their hooha when asking where the bathroom is?

Comment

Working...
                          X