A body guard for Foster, Chad Diehl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A body guard for Foster, Chad Diehl

It would be great to have a young guy under contact who can grow with Foster and blow open hole for him for the next several years. The only other Fullback I have seen hit like this guy was Leach! Special teams wizzard. Had 3 knockouts on KICKOFF RETURNS ALONE!

Chad Diehl is a classic sledgehammer fullback. He handles any blocking assignment he's handed from blitz pickup to straight-ahead drive blocking, and he almost always gets the job done with authority. Diehl also played on punt and kick coverages, kickoff returns, and won Clemson's Hustle and Dedication awards. He's a high-effort player and delivers high-impact blocks but won't likely carve a niche in an NFL offense beyond blowing open running lanes and giving up his body in short-yardage on occasion. The need for such role players has thinned, but many teams will be eager to acquire his services in the middle of the draft's third day.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262940

WATCH THIS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esLBElzLCY4
    Good interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMqU...eature=related

He looks like a Texan. He'd be great 6th or 7th pick.
    Evolve or Die

Comment

I may get flamed for this because he was a Dallas Cowboy, but this kid reminds me of Moose Johnston.....just a good ol flat out clubber! And good on special teams. Maybe wouldnt even have to use a pick on him, might get him as a UDFA.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by austins23 View Post
        I may get flamed for this because he was a Dallas Cowboy, but this kid reminds me of Moose Johnston.....just a good ol flat out clubber! And good on special teams. Maybe wouldnt even have to use a pick on him, might get him as a UDFA.
        Don't risk it. Use of a 7th rd pick so we don't have to play merry-go-round with fullback like the last 2 years would be worth it. Would also want to sign vet free agent like Moran Norris for 1 year.

Comment

I've been liking the idea of Diehl or Wisconsins Bradie Ewing

No way Graham can be our #2 TE
          #BullsOnParade S'go

Comment

Originally posted by Texansfan101 View Post
            I've been liking the idea of Diehl or Wisconsins Bradie Ewing

No way Graham can be our #2 TE
            Yes, this would allow Casey on the field more as TE. He can also shift from TE to FB or back.

Comment

I have this kid in my mocks. At the beginning of the year he was slated to go in the 6th. With the rise of others has allowed him to slide into the UDFA realm. At 6'2" 260 he brings the pain. Has fair hands, and played a little at LB so he can tackle, which will prove very useful in ST.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerlsl View Post
                I have this kid in my mocks. At the beginning of the year he was slated to go in the 6th. With the rise of others has allowed him to slide into the UDFA realm. At 6'2" 260 he brings the pain. Has fair hands, and played a little at LB so he can tackle, which will prove very useful in ST.
                I love this kids as well. My only concern is he suffered a concussion at Senior Bowl and was sent home. Could be bad news for a FB under new NFL saftey policy if it happens on regular bases.
                Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by eyeguy View Post
                  I love this kids as well. My only concern is he suffered a concussion at Senior Bowl and was sent home. Could be bad news for a FB under new NFL saftey policy if it happens on regular bases.
                  Your thoughts?
                  Well that's hard to answer without knowing the severity of the concussion. Concussion are like most injuries, there are different levels. One would be surprised if they knew the minimal amount of pressure required to give a concussion.
                  I was unaware of his concussion, where did you find that? I hope it's not play preventative. If it is there are a few more meat heads out there. Cody Johnson/Todd Anderson/Joe Halahuni/Taylor Gentry

Comment

What about Drake Dunsmore - Northwestern, Terrance Ganaway - Baylor, Rhett Ellison - USC as some late round pick and what about Brad Smelley - Alabama, Ryan Houston - North Carolinia, Eric Lair - Minnesota. What do you think if we move a Bigger TE and shift him into a FB, he could destoy a CB and blowup some big holes.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGT1990 View Post
                      What about Drake Dunsmore - Northwestern, Terrance Ganaway - Baylor, Rhett Ellison - USC as some late round pick and what about Brad Smelley - Alabama, Ryan Houston - North Carolinia, Eric Lair - Minnesota. What do you think if we move a Bigger TE and shift him into a FB, he could destoy a CB and blowup some big holes.
                      All those guys are bang up, but they also stand a better chance of getting drafted. I would prefer to pick one out of the UDFA stack. If I'm not mistaken, Leach was undrafted.

The only thing about taller FB/TE is that it becomes more difficult to get "under" the pads. Your blocking down instead of up. It could work no doubt.

One guy I really like to play either position is Brad Herman out of Iowa. And is a tackler.

Comment

Working...
                      X