Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina

He has recently helped himself with a great East West Shrine Game and a strong Pro Day Showing. Many now consider him a borderline 3rd, possible 4th Round pick.

Officially came in at 6'0" 203 at the Shrine Game. Says he molds his game after Charles Woodson, Darrelle Revis and Bob Sanders.

He looks smoother on film, to me, than Trumaine Johnson...who has a 2nd Round grade on Draft Scout.

I personally think CB is a big need for us, right behind WR, so taking a guy like Norman (or Johnson) would be welcome. Neither played a big name school in a great conference, but you can't discount the raw physical ability they each display.
    I'm the CEO. You Shut Up.

Originally posted by TheLBCoach View Post
    He has recently helped himself with a great East West Shrine Game and a strong Pro Day Showing. Many now consider him a borderline 3rd, possible 4th Round pick.

Officially came in at 6'0" 203 at the Shrine Game. Says he molds his game after Charles Woodson, Darrelle Revis and Bob Sanders.

He looks smoother on film, to me, than Trumaine Johnson...who has a 2nd Round grade on Draft Scout.

I personally think CB is a big need for us, right behind WR, so taking a guy like Norman (or Johnson) would be welcome. Neither played a big name school in a great conference, but you can't discount the raw physical ability they each display.
    He will go first half of the 2nd round. 6' corners with speed don't last.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbush View Post
      He will go first half of the 2nd round. 6' corners with speed don't last.
      If that's the case, would you be willing to trade up to get him there? Do you like him that much?

dwrek, where are you? You have good insights into these players.

Comment

If that's the case, would you be willing to trade up to get him there? Do you like him that much?

No I think the FO is in the trade down mode. They are filling wholes with depth to make sure the salary cap issue isn't a .......well issue next year. They could trade down to early 2nd and select him with their first pick.

*Mark my words........they will select Antonio's replacement in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

No I think the FO is in the trade down mode. They are filling wholes with depth to make sure the salary cap issue isn't a .......well issue next year. They could trade down to early 2nd and select him with their first pick.

*Mark my words........they will select Antonio's replacement in the first 2 rounds.
          If Brockers somehow falls to 26, he'd be a nice one to have.

Sleeper is Derek Wolfe from Cincinnati. Nice production.

Comment

If Brockers somehow falls to 26, he'd be a nice one to have.

Sleeper is Derek Wolfe from Cincinnati. Nice production.
            Wolfe will be gone at the latest in the 2nd round. Many mocks have him shooting up the boards to the early 1st which is a little high.

I'll pass on Brockers. I just don't see the drive with the guy.

Comment

Josh Norman has helped himself immensely throughout the evaluation process and in my eyes he comes across as a being a top 45 pick. His superior ball awareness, confidence and the belief he has that "the football belongs to me" are aspects of his game that shine through on every play. In all honesty, he has a similar resemblance to what Johnathan Joseph was early in his career but in the same breath, the fact that he's always around the football makes you believe that he has the potential to be "Charles Woodson-esque". As you take that last statement with a grain of salt, Norman's competitive nature was brought to the forefront during the practices of the East-West Shrine Game. The term "you play how you practice" is a perfect compliment towards the Coastal Carolina product and I'm very confident that he will be a solid #2 CB who has #1 type aspirations.

The confidence comes across as a cocky type swagger so that in itself will be monitored as he will need to learn to be confident without it being a "cause and effect" type issue a la Cortland Finnegan. I really believe he has the tools to be successful and in order to be selected by Houston, they most likely will need to trade back from 26. With that being said I have his ceiling at 37 going to the Cleveland Browns but in actual reality I believe his likely destination lies in Jacksonville as a tandem prospect to the newly acquired Aaron Ross.

He should be a good one but as Texans' fans, if he lands in Jacksonville then we will learn to despise him.

Comment

Norman looked pretty good at the east west game, but he runs a 4.6 40. Are you guys thinking of him as a S? Seems to me he's best suited for a cover 2 style D, I don't think we run a lot of cover 2

Comment

Wolfe will be gone at the latest in the 2nd round. Many mocks have him shooting up the boards to the early 1st which is a little high.

I'll pass on Brockers. I just don't see the drive with the guy.
                  I have Crick and Wolfe rated identically only behind Cox as 5 tech. Who would you chose if they were both available with our second or early third? I mocked them both going in the first in one of my initial mocks thinking NE and GB would snatch them up. I also think Brockers has very little drive.

Comment

Man. Norman is a head scratcher for me.

Everything tells me yes yes yes but I have hesitations. Why? I don't know.

I feel If Norman is there by some chance in the 3d or lower. I would not be mad if the Texans rolled the dice.

He has done nothing but shine when put on the stage.

He has taken full advantage of the opportunities give to him.

Comment

Originally posted by rocknrandy View Post
                      Man. Norman is a head scratcher for me.

Everything tells me yes yes yes but I have hesitations. Why? I don't know.

I feel If Norman is there by some chance in the 3d or lower. I would not be mad if the Texans rolled the dice.

He has done nothing but shine when put on the stage.

He has taken full advantage of the opportunities give to him.
                      It's always good to be skeptical about the small school guys because the jump from competition makes a big difference between what a player knows and what he's capable of.

For Norman, the talent is there and the confidence comes across as being more apparent than anything but I can see why you would be hesitant. There is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X