Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocknrandy View Post
    Ya that would be a dream.

I don't know why Martin is getting so much negative reviews.

Reiff is ok but I don't think there is much separation between Martin and Reiff

I like Martin more than I do Reiff. Having Martin at 26 would be incredible. I do not think Sanu will be there for us in the 2nd round but I have seen some mocks with him there.

That would be a dream if we got Martin and Sanu. I would not be mad if Sanu was the 1st pick. I have complete faith in both players to become legit pros in Houston.
    Totally agree......Martin and Sanu would be huge......I also agree they probably both won't be there at 1 and 2.

Comment

*** get all yall's @$$3$ to The Official Houston Texans 2012 EPIC NFL Member Mock Draft!

This is why we can't get out the second round cause y'all want to fiddle faddle in other threads

(complete sarcasm)

Comment

Pancakes is almost never right.

Kevin Zeitler is not a 1st round guy. 2nd Round okay.

I think we wait on Oline and grab someone like Chandler Jones, Shea Mclellin, Whitney Merciless, Vinny Curry or possibly Rueben Randle/Stephen Hill in the first.

The value in the 1st round is pass rush. We have Bryan Braman and Tim Bulman? as OLB backups.

IF Jonathan Martin or Maybe Mike Adams falls, then I could see us taking him. But I think they both go in the top 20. Martin was a top 5-10 pick before all this combine stuff, and a potential top LT in the NFL. Adams has a LOT of potential as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger2013 View Post

I think we wait on Oline and grab someone like Chandler Jones, Shea Mclellin, Whitney Merciless, Vinny Curry or possibly Rueben Randle/Stephen Hill in the first.

The value in the 1st round is pass rush. We have Bryan Braman and Tim Bulman? as OLB backups.

IF Jonathan Martin or Maybe Mike Adams falls, then I could see us taking him. But I think they both go in the top 20. Martin was a top 5-10 pick before all this combine stuff, and a potential top LT in the NFL. Adams has a LOT of potential as well.
          Who was the backup last year when we were the #2 ranked defense in the NFL? Why do people think we are losing production from last year when our defense got BETTER when Mario Williams went down? I just don't get the mad rush for a replacement when we've already found one...
          Peace is a myth.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion

Comment

Originally posted by ripcrl1281 View Post
            Who was the backup last year when we were the #2 ranked defense in the NFL? Why do people think we are losing production from last year when our defense got BETTER when Mario Williams went down? I just don't get the mad rush for a replacement when we've already found one...
            I agree completely. No need to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on an OLB as we have our starters in place. Sure, depth is absolutely something we want at the position, but Nading and Braman should be fine from a depth standpoint and we can always add potential depth in the later rounds.
            Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

Comment

Kevin Zeitler is not a 1st round guy but Jones, Mclellin, Curry, and Randle are?
              Hmm..

Not sure how OLB keeps coming up as a 1st rd possibility. Maybe Reed and Barwin need to have better celebrations planned out after their good plays to get more fan support

Maybe backup linebackers are a first round need? Name a backup linebacker from another team you would trade a first round pick for.

Comment

Originally posted by gs27 View Post
                Kevin Zeitler is not a 1st round guy but Jones, Mclellin, Curry, and Randle are?
                Hmm..

Not sure how OLB keeps coming up as a 1st rd possibility. Maybe Reed and Barwin need to have better celebrations planned out after their good plays to get more fan support

Maybe backup linebackers are a first round need? Name a backup linebacker from another team you would trade a first round pick for.
                Impeccable logic.
                Peace is a myth.

Comment

Name a backup linebacker from another team you would trade a first round pick for.

Ok. Osi Umeniyora.

The Giants have the right idea. They had a few other needs when they drafted Pierre Paul and it has payed dividends. I think we are in the position to draft the "Best Player Available - BPA" and that we should.

Also, not everyone is sold on Brooks Reed. I think he has a great speed rush, but not much else, and the league could figure him out leading to a sophmore slump. I'd love to have a stable of BADASS passrushers constantly keeping Offensive coordinators on their toes. Not to mention relieving Barwin and Reed.

If we have the opportunity to grab Merciless, Jones, Mclellin (who will probably go 2 picks later to GB) then we should. Im also an advocate of Hill and Randle there we do need a #2 WR to stretch the field.. As well as A few of the DT's . All Im saying is BPA philosophy at a premium position. Zeitler's good, but Brown or Kelemente in the 3rd- 4th rounds are good too.

Also, Kubiak and co. develop late round/undrafted guys into system OL's. All the time. Thats what they do. Lance Z (who I trust MUCH more than Pancakes) has said that they may be higher on our 7th round pick last year (cant remember name) than we are on RT whos replacing Winson (suddenly I cant remember names, and am too lazy to look up.).
                  Last edited by Harbinger2013; 04-16-2012, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Name a backup linebacker from another team you would trade a first round pick for.

Ok. Osi Umeniyora.

The Giants have the right idea. They had a few other needs when they drafted Pierre Paul and it has payed dividends. I think we are in the position to draft the "Best Player Available - BPA" and that we should.

Also, not everyone is sold on Brooks Reed. I think he has a great speed rush, but not much else, and the league could figure him out leading to a sophmore slump. I'd love to have a stable of BADASS passrushers constantly keeping Offensive coordinators on their toes. Not to mention relieving Barwin and Reed.

If we have the opportunity to grab Merciless, Jones, Mclellin (who will probably go 2 picks later to GB) then we should. Im also an advocate of Hill and Randle there we do need a #2 WR to stretch the field.. As well as A few of the DT's . All Im saying is BPA philosophy at a premium position. Zeitler's good, but Brown or Kelemente in the 3rd- 4th rounds are good too.

Also, Kubiak and co. develop late round/undrafted guys into system OL's. All the time. Thats what they do. Lance Z (who I trust MUCH more than Pancakes) has said that they may be higher on our 7th round pick last year (cant remember name) than we are on RT whos replacing Winson (suddenly I cant remember names, and am too lazy to look up.).
                    You would give up a first round pick for a 30 year old 4-3 DE to backup Barwin and Reed? I'm not going to lie the guy has great numbers but he also gets his snaps. I know Williams looked like he made a seamless transition to a 3-4 OLB but there are some differences in speed. Bottom line the guy is way too old to be worth a first round pick.

I get what your saying and sure it's possible for Reed to get picked up more by blocking patterns but I trust his tenacity, and having Cushing, Barwin, Smith and Watt in that front 7 I doubt teams are going to have the personnel to keep Reed from getting his numbers.
                    Peace is a myth.

Comment

Ok. Osi Umeniyora.

Giants would love you. If a team would give the Giants a 3rd for Osi he would be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gs27 View Post
                        Giants would love you. If a team would give the Giants a 3rd for Osi he would be gone.
                        If he came for a 3rd, and would take a low pay deal for say 2yrs...I'd take him. Otherwise, no thanks.
                        JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
                        X