This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shishkabob View Post
    yea didn't Bama get wrecked by a freshman QB from OU who couldn't hang onto the starting job all season playing against Big 12 defenses?
    This^

Comment

• To me this is not "amazing" its scary. That wont fly in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revan View Post

To me this is not "amazing" its scary. That wont fly in the NFL.
        http://instagram.com/p/klhEgzHl21/

1. Bridgewater looks JACKED
        2. They revamped his throwing motion
        3. He has learned to throw using his legs as well

Things are about to get interesting

Comment

That was complete BS, lucky play if you ask me. Like you say, he would have been dust on Sunday trying that...
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by austins23 View Post
            That was complete BS, lucky play if you ask me. Like you say, he would have been dust on Sunday trying that...
            If anything Im very impressed with A&Ms OL. No wonder they have produced first round talent.

Comment

You're right and I have seen that play many times. He was not in dire shape, the pocket was holding together pretty well and he just ran into the line like a scared rabbit. Is it because he couldn't see over his linemen or was it because he has that poor of discipline in the pocket?

He made the play harder than it had to be or he truly has poor field vision because of his height.
              sigpicProud adopter of Jay Prosch

Comment

• Originally posted by PROFAN View Post
                Inflated Stats? Texas A&M was never far enough ahead in any game for him to inflate stats. Were his stats inflated against Alabama, Auburn, ? if he played Bridgewater's schedule, his stats would be down considerably because he would only stay in the game for 2-3 quarters.
                A&M played in a gimmick spread offense, Bridgewater played in an offense that actually somewhat resembles what he would play in the NFL. Huuuuge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal El View Post
                  Bridgewater played in a pro style offense and he carved up Miami this season and Florida last season. Manziel played in an offense that inflate stats. That's not even an argument, that's just the style of offense Sumlin brought to A&M. There's a reason Keenum holds plenty of NCAA records. You can argue about Bridgewater's strength of schedule but Bridgewater has performed well against top teams. The SEC is also a bit overrated. There are other conferences in college football that's just as good, but that's another story.

Manziel played behind one of the best offensive lines in college football that produced the #2 overall pick last season (almost 1st overall) and a projected top 10 pick this season that could go as high as #2. He had a Mike Evans to throw to a projected 1st round quarterback, and you already know how he measures up. Those jump balls thrown in coverage didn't catch itself.

Between the 2, it's not even a conversation who the better passer is. Whether you want to break it down by film or advanced statistics or if you want to take the word of actual scouts. Bridgewater is the most polished quarterback entering the draft. Manziel is hype because of what he is capable of doing with his feet.

Manziel is not an anticipation thrower which is a requirement in the next level. The window in the NFL is not the same in college. You can't just see the receiver open then throw it. He get frustrated in the pocket. As you may have seen in the LSU game, when he is forced to be a pocket passer, he is not comfortable, he is not accurate, and he makes bad decisions. Simply put, if you break down Manziel as a quarterback, strictly as a passer in the pocket, he is not worthy of a 1st round pick, let alone the 1st overall pick in the draft. His hype is based off of his play making ability. How many quarterbacks have been drafted high due to their play making ability but questionable passing in the pocket? Plenty. How many of them have worked out? ... exactly. You have to be able to be effective consistently as a pocket passer, with mobility being your secondary weapon. That is why he is not comparable to Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson was a clean quarterback prospect, who is also mobile. His fall was strictly due to size. Manziel on the other hand?... I didn't even mention maturity, size, etc...
                  Bingo. I second this whole statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecrack View Post
                    Cam Newton actually developed into a pretty efficient and good pocket passer this year.

He has the strength and size to go through that phase though
                    Cam's a great passer, has an absolute cannon and actually got a lot more accurate. It's just a bonus that he's build like a TE that runs like a WR

Comment

Except it did fly when Rodgers did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPOTexas View Post

Oh snap!

Comment

This is rich ahhahahaah

Aaron Rodgers had no pocket to throw in

Manziel could have written war and peace he had so much time in the pocket

rofl

Comment

Yes, but look at the difference. Rodgers was under legitimate pressure. He HAD to do something...Manziel, not so much.
                            sigpic

Comment

• What do you guys think about Favre seeing himself in Manziel?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...johnny-manziel

Comment

• Originally posted by Houston24 View Post
                                What do you guys think about Favre seeing himself in Manziel?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...johnny-manziel
                                I see it, but Manziel has no where near the arm to compensate for the mental lapses.

I can see Favre in college compare to Manziel, def not pro Favre though

Comment

Working...
                                X