My ideal mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GroovyTexan View Post
    Fleener is better value at 26th then a WR development project like Sean Hill. Sean Hill could be a bust. Can't believe people are thinking Sean Hill is a "can't miss" prospect. He is far from that. There are about 5 to 7 WRs with very similar grades to Hill. There is no need to target Hill with our first pick in other words as we will have a chance at similar WR talent later in the draft where the bust tag won't be as harmful if the WRs don't pan out. We are not looking for a #1 WR. As Boodro wrote, Fleener is almost as fast as Hill but is a more polished receiver. Fleener will come in and contribute right away, and give us that additional red zone target we need so badly.
    Who is Sean Hill? Stephen Hill is the WR from Georgia Tech. He would be a better fit than a TE that wont even start or play 40% of the plays. While Hill hasn't ran the complete route tree yet, he did average almost 30 yards a catch. He is a bigger WR, lets see who is his body type like ummm Andre Johnson maybe. Stephen Hill is no Andre, but who better to learn from than somebody who looks and runs the same as he does?

Comment

Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
      Says the guy with a Mario Williams avatar. Now, that's way over-hyped. If he was labeled as "WR," you'd be singing a different tune.

What makes him over-hyped then? Players with his combination of size, speed, and hands aren't plentiful.

Take a look at this and please tell me how that is "not good value."

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/4/...e-coby-fleener
      Because he is a one dementional TE that can't block. If he was such a great receiving tight end like many have stated here, he would be drafted much higher than 26. Like I said he is being over hyped because he is the best TE prospect in a weak TE class. He will be over drafted because a team that has a need at TE will have to take him.

Plus, using an article from a blog is a joke. I like Battle Red Blog because they have Texans content but these guys are much like you and me. Just NFL fans with no real NFL experience. They aren't former NFL executives, or coaches, or players. They are writers that really don't even have that much access to former NFL executives, coaches, or players. Their opinions carry zero weight.
      Last edited by GoldenHolden; 04-13-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Sidious View Post
        I will smash my television if the Texans pick a TE in the first round.
        I will smash my television and pull a Colin hanks from orange county in my pool.

An over-rated TE is not what this team needs. The guy is a big pansy for crying out loud. He was taken out of the game so many times. Wait till a veteran linebacker hits him in the mouth.
        Last edited by theanswer000; 04-13-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenHolden View Post
          Because he is a one dementional TE that can't block. If he was such a great receiving tight end like many have stated here, he would be drafted much higher than 26. Like I said he is being over hyped because he is the best TE prospect in a weak TE class. He will be over drafted because a team that has a need at TE will have to take him.
          I don't buy that. Standford had a strong running game. He's not nearly as bad you think he is. He did well on his bench press so it can be worked on. His numbers/game film are impressive so he's not over-hyped being a late 1st pick. Most teams don't value the TE as much as we do so that's why he isn't rated high. He fits our system perfect. He's tall and strong. Crisp route running with great hands. A match up nightmare. What more could you ask for?
          Evolve or Die

Comment

I don't buy that. Standford had a strong running game. He's not nearly as bad you think he is. He did well on his bench press so it can be worked on. His numbers/game film are impressive so he's not over-hyped being a late 1st pick. Most teams don't value the TE as much as we do so that's why he isn't rated high. He fits our system perfect. He's tall and strong. Crisp route running with great hands. A match up nightmare. What more could you ask for?
            Stephen Hill or a trade back.

Comment

What makes you think we value TE's that high??? When did Smithiak draft a TE early??? Our system opens a lot up for the TE's. I'm not saying you can put just anyone in there and get production but you don't have to get a guy in the first or second round for him to put up good numbers in our system.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Sidious View Post
                I will smash my television if the Texans pick a TE in the first round.
                Who cares. Smash your TV, destroy your car, set fire to your house. Fleener will be a great pick up for the Texans in the first round.

Fleener is WAY overhyped. He is the top TE prospect in a terrible TE draft. He will be overdrafted based on need. Wherever he is taken, it will not be a good value selection.
                Look who's talking about Fleener being way overhyped. A guy with Mario Williams as his avatar.

Because he is a one dementional TE that can't block.
                That is not true. Fleener is a very good blocker. He wouldn't even play for Harbaugh if he couldn't block.

Maybe the TE class is weak, but that has nothing to do with Fleener, only with those behind him.

After seeing Gronk and Graham lighting up the NFL last year, how can anyone say that Fleener is overhyped. Fleener has all the tools to be as good as those 2 star TEs, and no one can claim that Gronk or Graham would not be in the top10 if their drafts are redone. Getting Fleener at 26 would be a steal for the Texans.

Comment

Im wondering if you could line Fleener up as a WR. He's certainly athletic enough, to me he's a slightly heavier, more athletic version of Eddie McCaffery. The other thing I like about him is his experience in a pro style offense, and while he may not set the world on fire as an inline blocker I'd have to think with his size he'd be an above average run blocker from the WR position. Just a thought.

Comment

What makes you think we value TE's that high??? When did Smithiak draft a TE early??? Our system opens a lot up for the TE's. I'm not saying you can put just anyone in there and get production but you don't have to get a guy in the first or second round for him to put up good numbers in our system.
                    I meant we value the position more because we use it more than other teams. You're right about kubiak not drafting late, but there's a time for everything. You have to consider the position we are in now. Yes, WR probably deserves more attention, but the top WRs will be gone. We learned the hard way drafting a project (Okoye) and drafting soley on position and not BPA (Jackson). Stephen Hill is a project and a reach which brings back those bad memories. Fleener has aleady proven he dominated college and has the potential to be elite on the next level. He plays a position we love dearly and could very well be BPA regardless. We all know OD is on the decline and shouldn't be over paid.

I don't understand the "WE HAVE TO DRAFT A WR FIRST" mentality when we have an extremely talented receiving position player on the board possibly and the top WRs are gone.
                    Evolve or Die

Comment

Originally posted by GroovyTexan View Post
                      alright - an updated "ideal" mock based on the past few weeks of new info.....

1. TE Coby Fleener
                      2. OLB Shea McClellin (alternative is OLB Ronnell Lewis)
                      3. OG Brandon Brooks
                      4a. DT Derek Wolfe
                      4b. WR Greg Childs (alternative is WR Marvin Jones)
                      5. OT Nate Potter (alternative is OT Joe Long)
                      6. ILB JK Schaffer (alternative is to choose a CB here)
                      7. K Randy Bullock
                      UFA - FB Cody Johnson, FB Chad Diehl
                      Ladies, and gentlemen i think we have a winner. Greg Childs might not fall that far but if he does this draft would be perfection sir, perfection.
                      Last edited by edmart281; 04-15-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Fleener is WAY overhyped. He is the top TE prospect in a terrible TE draft. He will be overdrafted based on need. Wherever he is taken, it will not be a good value selection.
                        This is just not true at all. He has first round talent for sure. I see him as the 26th best player in this draft. Weirdly enough that just happens to be where we are drafting.
                        Peace is a myth.

2012 HTMB Superbowl Champion

Comment

Originally posted by theanswer000 View Post
                          Stephen Hill or a trade back.
                          Originally posted by Yaky View Post
                          Who cares. Smash your TV, destroy your car, set fire to your house. Fleener will be a great pick up for the Texans in the first round.

Look who's talking about Fleener being way overhyped. A guy with Mario Williams as his avatar.

That is not true. Fleener is a very good blocker. He wouldn't even play for Harbaugh if he couldn't block.

Maybe the TE class is weak, but that has nothing to do with Fleener, only with those behind him.

After seeing Gronk and Graham lighting up the NFL last year, how can anyone say that Fleener is overhyped. Fleener has all the tools to be as good as those 2 star TEs, and no one can claim that Gronk or Graham would not be in the top10 if their drafts are redone. Getting Fleener at 26 would be a steal for the Texans.
                          Luckily those of you who want to draft a TE in the first round are not the GM of the Texans. They have needs elsewhere where the value of a first round pick would be better served.

Comment

Working...
                          X