Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Houston Texans 2012 EPIC NFL Member Mock Draft!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry guys I was working on my upper dorsimus and ublius muscles feeling the deep burn while working on my guns (movie reference I hope a few might know)

    Had to throw this together rather quick, hence the quality.

    Pick #27 New England selects: Kendall Wright WR Baylor

    Yes we all know the Pats have signed seems like 10 wide outs in the off season. The Hoodie seems to like the idea of having a Deion Branch of old player and keeps holding on to the current (Old) Deion Branch that is running on fumes. Why not upgrade your “Deion Branch” to the newer model: Kendall Wright? Yes this is a luxury selection with Brandon Lloyd, 85, Wes, Branch, Stallworth, and Gonzales on the roster. Although, this is a value selection as well do to Wright dropping from what most predicted teens to early 20s. I see Wright fitting in perfectly with the Pats style and think William Stephen Belichick wouldn’t pass at the opportunity.

    Other options:
    Gilmore (drafted) would have taken him to have a pair of 6’ corners and moved Ras to Safety. McCorty, Gilmore, Ras, and Chung could have shored up the dbs.

    Glenn (drafted) Mankins is coming off an injury and Waters is running on fumes. Glenn could have offered a starting quality RG or LG.

    Hightower Would look good to have Hightower and Spikes in the middle Mayo and ? on the outside and bring back the old NE 34 instead of the 43/34 hybrid.

    Perry I originally had Perry penciled in but watched him at the combine again and noticed he was a little tight in the hips and might be more of a 43 DE than a 34 OLB. When interviewed he stated he preferred the 43 end position. The jury is still out on the viability of Perry as a 34 end.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lilbush View Post
      Sorry guys I was working on my upper dorsimus and ublius muscles feeling the deep burn while working on my guns (movie reference I hope a few might know)

      Had to throw this together rather quick, hence the quality.

      Pick #27 New England selects: Kendall Wright WR Baylor

      Yes we all know the Pats have signed seems like 10 wide outs in the off season. The Hoodie seems to like the idea of having a Deion Branch of old player and keeps holding on to the current (Old) Deion Branch that is running on fumes. Why not upgrade your “Deion Branch” to the newer model: Kendall Wright? Yes this is a luxury selection with Brandon Lloyd, 85, Wes, Branch, Stallworth, and Gonzales on the roster. Although, this is a value selection as well do to Wright dropping from what most predicted teens to early 20s. I see Wright fitting in perfectly with the Pats style and think William Stephen Belichick wouldn’t pass at the opportunity.

      Other options:
      Gilmore (drafted) would have taken him to have a pair of 6’ corners and moved Ras to Safety. McCorty, Gilmore, Ras, and Chung could have shored up the dbs.

      Glenn (drafted) Mankins is coming off an injury and Waters is running on fumes. Glenn could have offered a starting quality RG or LG.

      Hightower Would look good to have Hightower and Spikes in the middle Mayo and ? on the outside and bring back the old NE 34 instead of the 43/34 hybrid.

      Perry I originally had Perry penciled in but watched him at the combine again and noticed he was a little tight in the hips and might be more of a 43 DE than a 34 OLB. When interviewed he stated he preferred the 43 end position. The jury is still out on the viability of Perry as a 34 end.
      They continue to buff their already OP (Video game reference) offense and neglect their mediocre defense.

      Sounds about right!

      Good pick.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
        They continue to buff their already OP (Video game reference) offense and neglect their mediocre defense.

        Sounds about right!

        Good pick.
        Bahaha that's the Tom Brady effect.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
          They continue to buff their already OP (Video game reference) offense and neglect their mediocre defense.

          Sounds about right!

          Good pick.
          They still have 3 more picks in the first two rounds.

          Comment


          • Selection Update!

            ROUND 1

            1. Indianapolis Colts (peytonmanning18) - Andrew Luck,QB, Stanford
            2. Washington Redskins (Whiskeyrbl) - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
            3. Minnesota Vikings (gcates) - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
            4. Cleveland Browns (dwrek18) - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
            5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (bluffkin) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
            6. St. Louis Rams (rocknrandy) from (djl3485) - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
            7. Jacksonville Jaugars (Texian) - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
            8. Miami Dolphins (Joey) - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
            9. Carolina Panthers (Joey) - Fletcher Cox, DL, Mississippi State
            10. Buffalo Bills (varmit81) - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
            11. Kansas City Chiefs (Texansfan101) - Dontarie Poe,NT,Memphis
            12. Seattle Seahawks (Harbinger2013) - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
            13. Arizona Cardnials (dbruder44?) - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
            14. Dallas Cowboys (austins23) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
            15. Philadelphia Eagles (tomjn80) - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
            16. New York Jets (tomjn80) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
            17. Cincinnati Bengals (Whiskeyrbl) - Luke Kuechly, MLB, Boston College
            18. San Diego Chargers (Harbinger2013) - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
            19. Chicago Bears (gs27) - Johnathan Martin,OT, Stanford
            20. Tennessee Titans (Texian) - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
            21. Cincinnati Bengals (Whiskeyrbl) - Peter Knoz, OC, Wisconsin
            22. Cleveland Browns (dwrek18) - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
            23. Detroit Lions (Texansfan101) - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
            24. Pittsburgh Steelers (bluffkin) - Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
            25. Denver Broncos (NIN9S) - Devon Still, DT, Penn State
            26. Houston Texans (rocknrandy) - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
            27. New England Patriots (lilbush) - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
            28. Green Bay Packers (rocknrandy) from (varmit81) - Nick Perry, OLB, USC
            29. Baltimore Ravens (Bigp) - Dont'a Hoghtower, ILB, Alabama
            30. San Francisco 49ers (BrandonDennis) - IS ON THE CLOCK!!! (10AM-4PM)
            31. New England Patriots (lilbush) -
            32. New York Giants (AngryNateFTW) -
            Last edited by rocknrandy; 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lilbush View Post
              They still have 3 more picks in the first two rounds.
              I wasn't being sarcastic...

              Comment


              • Time Expired!

                28. Green Bay Packers (rocknrandy) from (varmit81) - Nick Perry, OLB, USC

                I literally went back in forth for a hour.

                No real value at interior OL. I wanted a 3-4 DL for Green Bay. I refuse to reach for Kendall Reyes or a Interior OL.

                Almost went Alshon Jeffery as a risk/reward pick. Because he would be a different element and presence that Green Bay does not have in their WR core.

                Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jeffery, Finley. Thats scary. Make a strength stronger.

                Came down to Dont'a Hightower because Green Bay is pretty much done with AJ Hawk.

                Mark Barron because of Nick Collins injury and his career being in limbo.

                But I went with Pass Rusher from the OLB spot. Nick Perry is the best value and need combination player for Green Bay. Packers had Zero threat from the OLB spot. Yes even Clay Matthews was a ghost last year for the Packers. Nick Perry has incredible size and great deception of athleticism for his size 6'3 270 4.6 speed. Good at the run and can pass rush. Can put his hand down in special packages. High pedigree and good production. Grades out very well and worked out very well. No secrets with Perry just a legit football player and that's what you want in the late 1st round. To fill a need with a legit starter. So this is a slam dunk pick. With a proven track record that grades out well. Very low risk.
                Last edited by rocknrandy; 04-07-2012, 07:52 PM.

                Comment


                • With the players still available the Giants are sitting pretty, it would have been nice to take a look at Nick Perry but there was no way Perry made it out of the 1st round.

                  Comment


                  • Wright was a good pick for the Pats, and with the wealth of receiving options there, there won't be too much pressure on him there to make an immediate impact, so his progression shouldn't be stunted by issues of confidence like rookies in years past.

                    That being said, I would have gone defense for the Pats.

                    Sure, you do have 3 more picks between now and the end of the second and can address some of the defensive needs...but personally...I would have commited all four picks to the defense more than likely.

                    Still, a good value pick...hard to argue with it overall.


                    Nick Perry to Green Bay makes sense. There really hasn't been a legitimate threat opposite Clay Matthews since his rookie season, hence the drop in production last year. Having Perry on the opposite side will keep offenses honest with their blocking schemes. Good pick.



                    On a sidenote, I work days over here in Afghanistan, which is the equivalent of working nights back home...so gonna have to be very aware of when my pick is upcoming so as not to sleep through it. Shouldn't be an issue though. I do wish we were getting through more than two picks a day though....
                    Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gcates View Post
                      Wright was a good pick for the Pats, and with the wealth of receiving options there, there won't be too much pressure on him there to make an immediate impact, so his progression shouldn't be stunted by issues of confidence like rookies in years past.

                      That being said, I would have gone defense for the Pats.

                      Sure, you do have 3 more picks between now and the end of the second and can address some of the defensive needs...but personally...I would have commited all four picks to the defense more than likely.

                      Still, a good value pick...hard to argue with it overall.


                      Nick Perry to Green Bay makes sense. There really hasn't been a legitimate threat opposite Clay Matthews since his rookie season, hence the drop in production last year. Having Perry on the opposite side will keep offenses honest with their blocking schemes. Good pick.



                      On a sidenote, I work days over here in Afghanistan, which is the equivalent of working nights back home...so gonna have to be very aware of when my pick is upcoming so as not to sleep through it. Shouldn't be an issue though. I do wish we were getting through more than two picks a day though....
                      We all know Beli will trade at least one of the first round picks....with that said just wait a few and I will snag at least 2 Defensive players.....although I have one more Offensive player in mind if he is on the board when I select????

                      Kendall Wright Is Deion Branch 2.0 for the next 6-7 years. Welker is getting up there in years the rest of the signings were just completed due to players taking the NE pay cut to play for them. NE does a great job at filling holes in FA before the draft so they don't have to reach for players........They always take value. If there isn't value they trade down. I hope the Texans can do the same thing this year.

                      Comment


                      • I know who you're thinking of. Makes sense. But do you really wanna burn your first two picks on Offense? That's the only way you'd get the guy you're thinking of.
                        Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gcates View Post
                          I know who you're thinking of. Makes sense. But do you really wanna burn your first two picks on Offense? That's the only way you'd get the guy you're thinking of.
                          I bet your hoping Barron falls to the 2nd round for the Vikes

                          Comment


                          • I'd be lying if I said he wasn't on my list, but I've assumed long ago he wouldn't be there, so it wouldn't bother me if he wasn't...I have plenty of holes at plenty of positions that would make fine selections in the 2nd round.
                            Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

                            Comment


                            • Thank you for the Bronco pick. My pc problems always land during a time most infavorable...especially mid-term or finals week lol. Up & about again so looking forward to watching more picks develope & finally reaching the 2nd round pick. I may have likely taken Devon Still anyway being that the need there is so great. It could hopefully free up Dumervil & Miller a little more to hunt for the QB.


                              Wright to NE & Perry to GB were both surprising, NE more-so because of so many WR already, but most are just plugs until they find something more perminant so grooming Wright for 1 season with limited play would be a great learning experience for the kid from Baylor.

                              Perry would be a surprise, but still makes perfect sense. Even with the Saturday signing I saw Konz as a strong possibility & starting him at gaurd if needed, but with him off the board getting help for Clay was paramount so overall a great pick with value.
                              Proud adopter of Brandon Brooks for the 2013-2014 season
                              I'll miss Kevin Walter.

                              Comment


                              • Let's push through to round 2 today...

                                Need my pick to fall around a time when I'm working, not sleeping. I shouldn't have a problem planning for any contingency, however.
                                Proud adopter of Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain and Glover Quin for the 2012 season...(q'.')-o

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X