Any player there at #26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any player there at #26

That we won't expect? We all remember drafting KJax at #20.

Zack Brown? Michael Brockers? Andre Branch? Devon Still? Chandler Jones?

Who are some names that we're not talking about but could very well be our choice at #26?

Sorry guys, accidently put this in the "Mock Draft" section.

Mike Adams, Nick Perry, Rueben Randle, Hightower. So many....

I can see us picking Shea MClellin or Chandler in the first, then trading back in the second so we have three picks in the third. Plenty of players in the third that would be good fits for us at WR, OL, CB, and DT. Our defense needs play making LBs and this is a huge hole if barwin, Cushing, or reed goes down with an injury.

Comment

It's so hard to predict what we're gonna do..there's so many options

Kendall Reyes is the knock off of Cox, maybe Kirkpatrick if he falls.

I think it'll be someone we aren't expecting.
      #BullsOnParade S'go

Comment

I woulda loved Zack Brown as an ILB, ruled out now..not sure if he fits outside, I think someone will take a chance on him before us
        #BullsOnParade S'go

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

Who are some names that we're not talking about but could very well be our choice at #26?

Of the names you listed, I can't help but see the Texans grabbing Chandler Jones. The Texans were reportedly interested in Aldon Smith last year even with Mario on board and this guy has similar measureables to Smith, obviously not as highly regarded. He could start out as a situational pass rusher and perhaps eventually move inside as he can get bigger and replace Antonio Smith in time.

Comment

Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
            Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Jonathan Martin is the wild card here. After Kalil and Reiff go (top 10 presumably), Martin is the next best OT on the board. Where he, and the two I mentioned above, go is anybody's guess.

Remember the Texans "reached" a bit on Duane Brown. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go out and "reach" a bit on either Martin, Adams or Massie.
            I'm the CEO. You Shut Up.

Comment

I would not be surprised at all to see Reuben Randle selected at 26. He has the measurables the Texans like and he also comes from a good program which the Texans also tend to spend first round picks on.

The OT's left at 26 also wouldn't surprise me either. Although I would rather have a guy like Mitchell Schwartz from Cal in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLBCoach View Post
                Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
                Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Jonathan Martin is the wild card here. After Kalil and Reiff go (top 10 presumably), Martin is the next best OT on the board. Where he, and the two I mentioned above, go is anybody's guess.

Remember the Texans "reached" a bit on Duane Brown. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go out and "reach" a bit on either Martin, Adams or Massie.
                I think Adams and Massie are future bust risks. Hoping Martin is still on board because drop off is big after him. Zeitler would be my second choice in first.

I have Schwartz and Zebrie Sanders rated higher then Adams and Massie.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasJedi View Post
                  Of the names you listed, I can't help but see the Texans grabbing Chandler Jones. The Texans were reportedly interested in Aldon Smith last year even with Mario on board and this guy has similar measureables to Smith, obviously not as highly regarded. He could start out as a situational pass rusher and perhaps eventually move inside as he can get bigger and replace Antonio Smith in time.
                  This is exactly what I see and was about to post this a few days ago. Good point, I agree whole-heartedly.

When I look at Chandler Jones I see a long body with more muscle to add. He isn't as fluid in his motions as Aldon Smith is but they look very similar in body type. With Chandler rising up boards, i'm curious if we take Chandler Jones seeing how we missed out on Aldon Smith last year.

Comment

Travis Lewis possibly in the late 4th??? The guy never lived up to the hype but is still a good player. 6'1" 246# and quick with a mean streak. He would look good inside with Cush.

Comment

I doubt we take him but I think Dont'a Hightower is BPA at #26. DeMeco Ryans and then some.
                      Arian Foster = MVP!!

Comment

Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
                        Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
                        Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State
                        Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
                        Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

I see all these guys as possibilities that we may not expect. It just depends where they rank on their board. They will most likely go with BPA at a position on need. I see the Texans taking either a WR or someone in the defensive front 7 (LB, DE, DT) in the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by Schaubie Love View Post
                          I doubt we take him but I think Dont'a Hightower is BPA at #26. DeMeco Ryans and then some.
                          There was a time when I wanted to trade up ahead of Pittsburgh to get Hightower, but with the re-signing of Dobbins and the signing of Bradie James...
                          I'm the CEO. You Shut Up.

Comment

Burris is not a late round pick, he will never make that long

Burris is one of the best linebackers entering the draft, the reason he isnt getting much attention until VERY recently is his position in the NFL is unclear. But now he is showing up as 3rd round draft selections in many places. Check out the sports illustrated article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/70276.html and his highlight tape.

Miles Burris Senior Highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VapULyU56To

Comment

Originally posted by futurebuff View Post
                              Burris is one of the best linebackers entering the draft, the reason he isnt getting much attention until VERY recently is his position in the NFL is unclear. But now he is showing up as 3rd round draft selections in many places. Check out the sports illustrated article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/70276.html and his highlight tape.

Miles Burris Senior Highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VapULyU56To
                              No surprise here. I figured there was no way he'd last till the 6th round with the kind of hype he was getting.

He's a non-stop motor. Would look great on that Texans defense. Sammy Brown out of Houston would be pretty nice to have on 3rd downs also.

Comment

Working...
                              X