X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Offseason NFL Player Cuts/Moves

Jaguars expected to cut FA bust Julius Thomas
    ESPN Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco expects Jacksonville to release Julius Thomas this offseason.

Signed to a monster five-year, $46 million deal ahead of the 2015 season, Thomas has answered with 46-455-5 and 30-281-4 receiving lines in 2015 and 2016, respectively, while missing 11 games to injuries. He scored 24 touchdowns across his final two seasons in Denver, but the Jaguars failed to use him like the Broncos did as a field-stretcher down the seams. Thomas isn't going to make defenders miss on short passes; he's a run-straight athlete in the mold of Jared Cook who could benefit playing in an offense that better plays to his strengths. Releasing Thomas would save the Jaguars $4.7 million against the cap.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Jan 17 - 9:01 PM
    Last edited by H2O4me; 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport indicated on television Sunday morning the 49ers could make a push to get Cousins to reunite with Shanahan in San Francisco.
    "One thing that Kyle Shanahan has had success with is the quarterback position. The 49ers need one. Do not be surprised if the 49ers make a run at Kirk Cousins if the Redskins do not make him their exclusive franchise player. Remember, Kyle Shanahan was integral in drafting cousins.”
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
      Jamie Collins' four-year deal with the Browns includes $26.5 million guaranteed, making him the NFL's highest-paid ILB, per source.

Comment

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
        #49ers starting QB could be in the building today. If Kyle Shanahan doesn't get Kirk Cousins, his targets: Jimmy Garoppolo, then Matt Schaub

Comment

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
          Roster freeze is over for the other 30 teams today. Some veterans could be released as week progresses.

Comment

Sounds good. I'm ready for FA Frenzy to get started.

Comment

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ
              #Browns claim former #OhioState safety Tyvis Powell off waivers from #Seahawks

Comment

Field Yates @FieldYates
                Source: the Packers have cut RB James Starks
                CB Justin Gilbert, former first round pick, cleared waivers. Now is a free agent.
                Still a hard sleeper.

Browns have terminated contracts of QB Josh McCown and DB Tramon Williams.
                Last edited by H2O4me; 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
                  ESPN Sources: #Eagles recently approached Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters about reducing his salary

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                    Jets sign former Texans offensive tackle Jeff Adams. His contract had expired
                    Maccagnan doing his thing.

Comment

Ryan Fitzpatrick is gone, but his contract is still a Jets headache

NYPost
                      Unofficially, the Ryan Fitzpatrick Era ended for the Jets on New Year’s Day, after the last game of their 2016 season.

On Friday, the end to Fitzpatrick’s two-year reign as the Jets starting quarterback became a lot more official as his contract was automatically voided, per the scheduled clause that called for this action five days after the Super Bowl.

The chances of the 34-year-old Fitzpatrick re-signing with the Jets are virtually nil, meaning he will try to hook on with another team, likely as a backup, or retire.

After becoming the Jets’ most important player in 2015, when he helped lead them to a 10-6 finish while throwing a franchise-record 31 touchdown passes, Fitzpatrick engaged in a prolonged, distracting contract negotiation last offseason that didn’t end until just before training camp.

He went on to have a miserable season, following up his 88.0 quarterback rating in 2015 with an NFL-worst 69.6 in 2016. In 14 games, including 11 starts, Fitzpatrick was benched twice, and he threw just 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.

Fitzpatrick’s parting gift to the Jets is the $5 million in dead money they will carry on the 2017 salary cap because of the structure of the $12 million contract he signed to play in 2016. Of the $12 million, $10 million was a signing bonus.

For cap accounting purposes, Fitzpatrick’s deal technically had a term of two years, with a “fake/dummy” non-guaranteed base salary of $2 million in 2017. They spread the $10 million signing bonus over two years to fit Fitzpatrick under their 2016 cap and avoid restructuring other players’ contracts.

Fitzpatrick turned down a three-year, $24 million deal with $16 million in guarantees last offseason, so he ended up costing himself at least $4 million. So, after much promise from 2015, the 2016 season ended up being a lose-lose for the Jets and Fitzpatrick.

With both Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith free agents, the Jets now have two quarterbacks under contract — Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg — and both are severely lacking in NFL experience.

Comment

Giants releasing WR Victor Cruz and RB Rashad Jennings
                        GB released DB Sam Shields and RB James Starks

Comment

Spotrac @spotrac
                          The release of Mario Williams, Branden Albert, & Earl Mitchell clears $19.7M in 2017 salary cap for the #Dolphins.

Comment

They need a QB, That's enough money to pay O's,

Even trade. O's for Hack.

Religion, it's the process of worshipping the messenger and ignoring the message.

Comment

If players pass physicals and no one reneges:

MIAMI sends 2017 7th to JAX for Julius Thomas.

JAX send 2018 7th to MIAMI for Branden Albert.
                              Last edited by H2O4me; 02-20-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X