Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Osweiler

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

Texans also give 2017 6th round pick and receive Browns 2017 4th round pick.

Texans clear $10 million in cap space + $16 million cash.
    Last edited by H2O4me; 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM.
    If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
    WOW...if this is true...just...WOW!!!

Comment

they are talking about it on NFL Network right now

Comment

We gave up a 2nd next year to rid ourselves of Brock Osweiler. I love it!

Comment

BROWNS BEIN BROWNS!!!!

Rick Smith is the best GM evar! WHO'S WITH ME!?
          sigpic

Comment

Let's go!!! I called this a while back

Comment

I love this trade!!

Comment

Texans just lost an albatross and gained the Browns RD4 pick...can this news get any better?

Comment

What the heck??? When I first read about it on nfl.com, I thought the texans RECEIVED a 2nd. Wow... they paid a steep price to get rid of him. Surely someone around the league would have given up a 7th rounder for him. Man...
                  Not changing this sig until the Texans can rush the shotgun. -- Started 10/15/12

Comment

Giving away 2018 2nd round pick is really dumb.

Rick will overpay Romo, Romo will get injured...

Texans will have a losing record... which Rick wants so he can fire O'Brien,

And we won't have enough draft assets to compete for the franchise QBs in the 2018 draft.

If Rick really wanted to win, why didn't he do this deal earlier so we could retain AJ Bouye???

Pure PR by Rick Smith, who'll bring in a head coach who won't challenge his football intellect.

And if we give up draft picks for Romo, Texans got suckered by Jerry Jones' bluff.
                    If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

I gotta disagree with you H20. It is a win/win for Houston and the Browns.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree that a second is big. But there is no more of the complications from having Osweiler and his horrible contract. Plus now we have enough cash to not only pick up either Romo or Cutler (probably not via trade) and then another couple free agents or paying Hopkins and JC. There is a lot of good here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                          Giving away 2018 2nd round pick is really dumb.

Rick will overpay Romo, Romo will get injured...

Texans will have a losing record... which Rick wants so he can fire O'Brien,

And we won't have enough draft assets to compete for the franchise QBs in the 2018 draft.

If Rick really wanted to win, why didn't he do this deal earlier so we could retain AJ Bouye???

Pure PR by Rick Smith, who'll bring in a head coach who won't challenge his football intellect.

And if we give up draft picks for Romo, Texans got suckered by Jerry Jones' bluff.
                          H2O4me, I don't think the Texans are going to trade for Romo...they will let the Cowboys cut him and then make a decision. For me, I think Obie tells RS and McNair that Savage and Weeden will be competing for QB1 in 2017 and that's final. RS can focus his efforts on finding a new QB in the draft. Obie has spent 3 seasons preparing Savage (the only QB he's drafted) to be the starter and with him putting his neck on the line by becoming HC/OC, he's going to lean on the QB who he thinks is going to give him the best chance at being successful.

Comment

Originally posted by cologned91 View Post
                            BROWNS BEIN BROWNS!!!!

Rick Smith is the best GM evar! WHO'S WITH ME!?
                            Yeah, offered him 72MM then gave up a second rounder to get rid of him. Dude is a freaking genius.

Comment

Thank you Jesus, man, I love the Browns, (worst managed team in the NFL) for delivering us from the dark side. His salary and cap are gone, plus we get a 2nd round pick......WAY TO GO TEXANS MGT.

Comment

Working...
                              X