Would You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You?

All the talk regarding Mike Wallace's first-round tender is that the Ravens and Patriots will consider signing him. The Texans should as well. Wallace is much better than any receiver available in this spot, and he's still pretty young (26 in August)...I'd give up my 1st for him, Would you

We've got enough money problems as it is, IMO.

Just go organic for a WR
    2012 HTMB Consolation Champion

Comment

Anything we'd offer Wallace the Steelers would be able to match. We don't have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by zanth91 View Post
        Anything we'd offer Wallace the Steelers would be able to match. We don't have the money.
        Aren't the Steelers 9 mill over the CAP? And were 3 under? Not sure on the figures...

I am excited what we can do at the WR spot this year. Jacoby at slot is just not working out.
        THE Anti troll

Comment

Your question, which no one seems to get, is whether or not we would be willing to give up a #1 pick for Wallace.

Yes, I would. He's young, proven, and a WR is still young at age 26.

Everyone else has already pontificated on the monetary practicality of trying to execute a trade, which I agree would be difficult, but not impossible.

We certainly need an experienced WR to play opposite AJ in order to take the offense to the next level. And to get a healthy Schaub back in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by THENFL View Post
            Your question, which no one seems to get, is whether or not we would be willing to give up a #1 pick for Wallace.

Yes, I would. He's young, proven, and a WR is still young at age 26.

Everyone else has already pontificated on the monetary practicality of trying to execute a trade, which I agree would be difficult, but not impossible.

We certainly need an experienced WR to play opposite AJ in order to take the offense to the next level. And to get a healthy Schaub back in the lineup.
            Is it a fair statement that Mike Wallace what a nobody till contract year?
            THE Anti troll

Comment

Originally posted by MachineToss View Post
              Is it a fair statement that Mike Wallace what a nobody till contract year?
              I don't think it's a fair statement. He has played 3 NFL seasons, 16 games per season and remained healthy.

After his rookie year he caught passes for over 1,000 yards each year, and racked about 10 TDs a year sharing the limelight with Hines Ward and a good offense.

I think the guy is pretty good, proven and still young.

Comment

I would not want him on this team solely for the reason that he stated in a recent interview, "I definitely want to get my money." Not the kind of selfish attitude person we need around this team!
                Devout fan since day one!

Comment

eh... its honestly. Nobody wants to outright and say it but its a business, its about money. Don't get me wrong there are many players that take a pay cut to stay with their team but to an extent, it still has to be a reasonable figure.

Comment

If we don't re-sign Mario W....I'm all for trading our 1st rounder for him. You know what you get from him and I consider him the best possible FA WR for the Texans. The dude is fast and a baller. As long as he produces I'm okay with him being money hungry. Having him in our arsenal coupled with AJ and our TEs.......Super Bowl is as likely as it gets for ANY team, IMO. Not just saying that because it's my Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by Texansownj00 View Post
                      I would not want him on this team solely for the reason that he stated in a recent interview, "I definitely want to get my money." Not the kind of selfish attitude person we need around this team!
                      It's the NFL, all these guys want "dey paper". Would you turn down the chance at a pay raise?
                      ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

Originally posted by Texansownj00 View Post
                        This is a naive view. He has performed well while being paid relatively low on his first contract, and now wants to be compensated to reflect his accomplishments and ability to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by THENFL View Post
                          I don't think it's a fair statement. He has played 3 NFL seasons, 16 games per season and remained healthy.

After his rookie year he caught passes for over 1,000 yards each year, and racked about 10 TDs a year sharing the limelight with Hines Ward and a good offense.

I think the guy is pretty good, proven and still young.
                          THAT right there is why it's smart to spend a 1st on a guy like Wallace. You can spend a 1st on the top college guy in the draft with ZERO idea that he will workout at the NFL level or not. With Wallace you have 3 years of proof that he can and has. The only question in mind is money and if you really want him the money will be there.

However, we nor anyone else will get that shot at him since the Squeelers will franchise him and do their version of "Got to find the money". The only possibility would be some sort of trade and what we would have to give up would hurt ..... big time.

Comment

Gawd I want the draft and free agency to get here. Is it August yet? Lol.

Wallace would be worth OUR first round pick plus a little more. Maybe a player, hope they will take Jacoby or KJac.

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                              It's the NFL, all these guys want "dey paper". Would you turn down the chance at a pay raise?
                              agreed. If anything I appreciate his honesty, he just says what everyone else thinks
                              Checkout my Texans/Rockets videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/texansfan898?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X