Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Brees

$100million for 5 years.

Says he's getting $40mil in Year 1...that's crazy.

Per @mortreport via @AdamSchefter

Originally posted by CPTTexan View Post
    $100million for 5 years.

Says he's getting $40mil in Year 1...that's crazy.

Per @mortreport via @AdamSchefter
    So how do they manage to keep anything around him. I mean honestly can they pay for a legit team at al around him?

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by doc108 View Post
        So how do they manage to keep anything around him. I mean honestly can they pay for a legit team at al around him?
        I'm wondering the same thing? Are they really paying Brees $40mil this season? I can't imagine they have the cap space for that and if they did why didn't they go out and get pieces to upgrade the team?

The $20mil per season isn't that shocking to me....but the $40mil for Year 1 is.

Comment

This just in: The Saints have cut every offensive player on their roster not named Drew Brees.
          2012 HTMB Consolation Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Vance87 View Post
            This just in: The Saints have cut every offensive player on their roster not named Drew Brees.
            He is going to be like Nelson on the Simpsons, throwing the ball to himself and scoring TDs using Bart as his forced blocker lol.

Comment

He gets 60 million guaranteed first three years! Lots o benjamins!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing? Are they really paying Brees $40mil this season? I can't imagine they have the cap space for that and if they did why didn't they go out and get pieces to upgrade the team?

The $20mil per season isn't that shocking to me....but the $40mil for Year 1 is.
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81...ecord-contract

"Brees's 2012 salary of $40 million is fully guaranteed, breaking down as $37 million in bonus and $3 million in salary. The deal carries a $10.4 million cap hit. In 2013, the Saints will have a three-day window to release him after the waiver period begins (five days after the Super Bowl); if not, Brees gets another $15 million of fully guaranteed earnings, bringing his two-year total to $55 million." -ESPN
                TexansCap.com

Comment

It's funny because some of the players on their team will be getting cut. What a huge contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance87 View Post
                    Da Aints could save a lot of Money if they could sign Cushing, with Brees playing offense and Cush on "D" look at the moolah they could save.

Comment

Whether he gets $40 mill in one year is not that relevant to the cap hit because the length of the contract coupled with the average yearly guaranteed money is the number that goes against the cap. So if he got 5 years at 20 mill then the cap hit is 20 mill, not 40 mill in year one and then on.
                      ColtsStrong Parade

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                        Whether he gets $40 mill in one year is not that relevant to the cap hit because the length of the contract coupled with the average yearly guaranteed money is the number that goes against the cap. So if he got 5 years at 20 mill then the cap hit is 20 mill, not 40 mill in year one and then on.
                        I'm not too savy on the cap and all but wouldn't 20m for one player hurt your ballclub? Maybe not now but say in a year or so I would think it's gotta catch up to a team. I don't know so thats why I'm throwing it out there... Cap for dummies plz

Comment

Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                          Actuaqlly the 2012/3 cap hit is only like 10.4 so 89.6 is over the next 4 years which is 22-23, this year his salary is 3 plus one 5th of the bonus so that is why the number is so low, but they are borrowing against furtue cap increases.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry I think drew brees is a great QB. But this is crazy. everyone but N.O. prolly thinks this is crazy.

I mean really??? He is officially a cap casualty. How are they going to be able to have depth.

Good bye Vilma, Jenkins, and Thomas

They are going to need to shed some $$$ for cap relief come next year.

Stupid that drew brees put them in that position.

He cashed in. Don't blame him. He capitalized and got Benson in a bad spot. Put him in a corner. I get it, he is financially set his family is set whether he plays another down or not.

But come on.

They won't even be able to cut him for his high annual salary because he is owed 60M Gauranteed.

Comment

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orlea...ts/drew-brees/

Happy to see Brees got paid. If anyone deserves it Brees does. Elite quarterbacks carry a team and should be paid accordingly. $ to value this contract makes a lot more sense then Calvin Johnson's or Mario's.

Comment

Working...
                              X