Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Encompassing Johnny "Football" Manziel Thread

We're going to need one right?

I won't go back too far but let's get caught up on what has been happening in the new Farve,Tebow,NFL mancrush Johnny Football...er Manziel.

Dec 8 - Johnny wins Heisman.

===============================
    May 6th - Johnny flys to New York.

============================
    May 8 - Johnny gets drafted. Twitter explodes.

=============================
    May 13 , 2014- Johnny told to ‘act like a backup’

================================================== ===
    May 24 - Johnny goes to Vegas, acts like a back up. Parties with Gronk.

================================================== ===
    May 26th - Media has field day with vegas story.

Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

May 28th - Johnny says, "'I'm going to live my life to the fullest'
    Takes reps with first team.

================================================== ========
    May 28th - Damage control by head coach says he told Johnny to have a good time in Vegas.

================================================== ======
    May 30 - Casserly says Johnny needs to "grow up"

========================================
    June 6th - Colleges change jersey policies because of Manziel.

====================================
    June 8th - Johnny parties with swan.

================================================== =====
    June 10 - Until it becomes illegal for a grown man to enjoy an adult beverage while floating on an inflatable swan in a nightclub swimming pool, Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine is perfectly fine with Johnny Manziel enjoying his life as Johnny Football.
    June 10- Browns decide not to allow media access to Johnny this week.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Comment

Yay! Now all the fans and detractors of Manziel can play in this thread and argue in circles forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and......

That said: I hope he does well in the NFL. Unless he's playing the Texans then why should we want any player to fail?

"Oh noes....he party's with fine honeys and I believe he's arrogants! I hatez him!...He should take the GAME seriously and only be about football.....you know like Arian and his Twitter feed."

I still believe that telling any player to "Act like a backup" is the most ignorant thing a coach can say to a player. Act like a starter...whether you're a backup or not.

Now....good luck Johnny. Hope you have a decent career. I enjoyed watching you in college. Hopefully you can show that same ability in the pros. Perhaps you can even make Cleveland somewhat relevant. If so....props. If not...you won't be the first bust in the league....everyone knows we've had our fair share drafted well ahead of the #22 position.

Comment

I want to see him play. I can't deny it. Hoping he beats the Steelers. That would be good. We'll see how long it takes to give him the job. Seems like after the draft Hoyer was "miles" ahead but the closer we get to the first preseason game the more and more that huge gap is closing. The fans will demand him if Hoyer can't win. Talk about pressure on Hoyer.
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
          I want to see him play. I can't deny it. Hoping he beats the Steelers. That would be good. We'll see how long it takes to give him the job. Seems like after the draft Hoyer was "miles" ahead but the closer we get to the first preseason game the more and more that huge gap is closing. The fans will demand him if Hoyer can't win. Talk about pressure on Hoyer.
          To be fair...I think they said the whole "He's 3rd string" thing to motivate him. If you remember Tannehill was 3rd string.....before he wasn't. Now I'm not saying Tannehill or Manziel are great....who knows...they are still both early into their careers. But putting someone at 3rd string at the beginning of OTA's means absolutely nothing.

Of course he has to learn the playbook....every rookie does. Nothing to see there.

Comment

Originally posted by CPTTexan View Post
            To be fair...I think they said the whole "He's 3rd string" thing to motivate him. If you remember Tannehill was 3rd string.....before he wasn't. Now I'm not saying Tannehill or Manziel are great....who knows...they are still both early into their careers. But putting someone at 3rd string at the beginning of OTA's means absolutely nothing.

Of course he has to learn the playbook....every rookie does. Nothing to see there.
            The fan support is there. Browns are desperate for anything. Manziel will be teh starter soon enough. Can't wait for tomorrows update. lol No media coverage means we have to rely on TMZ i guess? Ha.
            TexansCap.com

Comment

We should just shut down the rest of the topics and only have this one. It is all we really need anyways right?!?

As for the convo, I don't see anyway Manziel isn't starting week 1. If he isn't, the first tiny mistake Hoyer makes and everyone will be demanding Johnny.

The hype is slightly annoying but I'd be lying if I said I was at least a little excited to see how his game translates in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by rssfootball2011 View Post
                We should just shut down the rest of the topics and only have this one. It is all we really need anyways right?!?

As for the convo, I don't see anyway Manziel isn't starting week 1. If he isn't, the first tiny mistake Hoyer makes and everyone will be demanding Johnny.

The hype is slightly annoying but I'd be lying if I said I was at least a little excited to see how his game translates in the NFL.
                I can't watch the NFL channel without hearing his name at least twice...every hour. It's going to be from now on. So maybe we need a lot of sub forums.
                All Encompassing
                >Night Life
                >>Pics with one girl
                >>Pics with 2 girls
                >>Pics with more than 2 girls
                >>Johnnys favorite hang outs
                >>Johnnys celebrity photo ops
                >On Field
                >What Johnny tweeted
                >Whats Johnny eating
                >>Johnny breakfast
                >>Johnny lunch
                >>Johnny dinner
                >Whats Johnny drinking
                >>Beer
                >>Liquor
                >>Other
                >Johnny at a pool
                >Johnny at a beach
                >Johnny quotes
                >Johnny highlights
                >Why didn't we draft him section
                >Johnny commercials

etc

Where is 1shortgal when you need her?
                TexansCap.com

Comment

Johnny awesome!

Comment

Who cares about this ****?

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man does have good taste in women. Go Johhny Go!!!!!
                    THE Anti troll

Comment

Originally posted by MachineToss View Post
                      Who cares about this ****?

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man does have good taste in women. Go Johhny Go!!!!!
                      lol

I guarantee you that when he wins his first game the Johnny Football new members will come out of the wood works. We can pile all those "We should of..." threads right here along with the greatest show of turf..The Johnny Circus.
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

I am rooting for the guy. I want him to find success in the NFL. If he turns out to be a franchise QB and becomes elite......well.....there are no words for how that would feel.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

June 12th - “My first question was I didn’t really even realize that he played baseball,” Pettine said after practice Wednesday. The Browns don’t expect quarterback Johnny Manziel to drop the football and pick up a bat anytime soon.

June 13 - Johnny Manziel has made the final throws of his rookie offseason. When he returns to the field with the Cleveland Browns in July, he'll still be behind incumbent starting quarterback Brian Hoyer.

Pettine said he wasn't specifically nervous about what Manziel might do during the six-week summer break (and what party pictures of the quarterback might surface on the Internet), but he had the typical concern any coach has during the league's dead period. The coach left his players with three pieces of advice: learn the system, stay in shape and stay out of trouble.

"So our philosophy all along is build the best team and minimize the importance of the quarterback." - Pettine

jUNE 13-
                          Johnny Manziel wanted to stay in his home state of TEXAS and win a Superbowl. The Houston Texans had the No. 1 overall draft pick and needed a quarterback, but Johnny Football wasn't what they were looking for. "We have a vision for our football team and we stuck to that vision," Texans first-year head coach. "Every decision we made in the draft we felt led to that vision and we'll see if that vision turns out the way we believe it will in whatever, a year, two years, three years."
                          Did the Texans consider making a move to get Manziel when he was still available in the first round?
                          "No, sorry," O'Brien said.

That last comment sure sounds like we are rebuilding to me.
                          Last edited by Yosarian; 06-14-2014, 04:23 PM.
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

June 14 -
                            Manziel said last month he would "live life to the fullest," and Pettine Jr. says he will not micro-manage any of his Browns.
                            "He didn't need to tell me every time he's going out of town," Pettine Jr. says. "I joked with Johnny and said, 'I'll find out soon enough.' "
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            June 15th - Manziel spent the weekend at Houston Appreciation Weekend. Manziel watched Drake perform and was spotted with TCU student Colleen Crowley, who reportedly is the sister of Robyn Crowley, the girlfriend of Houston Rockets forward Chandler Parsons.
                            Manziel now has been associated with five attractive women since the beginning of 2014.
                            He has been in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Austin/San Antonio and Houston during separate weekends. It's probably to make sure he doesn't run into the same beautiful women in consecutive weekends.

TexansCap.com

Comment

I think this should be called the "Johnny Man-Crush" thread..

Comment

Working...
                              X