NFL penalty box thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL penalty box thread

Arrests, game play suspensions, accusations, performance enhancing drug violations, other suspensions, and anything else that speaks to somebody in the NFL getting in trouble with the league or with the authorities...

News that might not deserve its own thread but is noteworthy nonetheless.

Last edited by H2O4me; 03-12-2016, 05:09 PM.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    #Steelers WR Martavis Bryant facing a year-long suspension for violating @NFL substance abuse
    Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
    Facing NFL ban, #Steelers WR Martavis Bryant will check into rehab, get evaluated for depression, agent says:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lers/81693628/

Comment

This will be bigger than the David Carr thread in no time.
      Depression eh? I'll bet he's got it bad. Living up there in all that cold weather. Rooting for the Pirates. What Pittsburgonian isn't depressed? I hear the zoo there is depressing too.

I wish the NFL would say what they tested positive for instead of the blanket broke the substance rule announcement on these things.
      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
        Two more suspensions: Source said Nick Moody and Taylor Mays suspended the first 4 games for violating @NFL policy.

Comment

Why can't the NFL report what they tested positive for?

They can't expect us to guess from the 60+ pages of rules as to which one was broken. A year suspension says to me it is way more than marijuana this time. I just think it is shady not to give out the facts in these cases.
          It's a urine test. Just tell the media what came back positive. How hard is that?
          Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
          TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
            Why can't the NFL report what they tested positive for?

They can't expect us to guess from the 60+ pages of rules as to which one was broken. A year suspension says to me it is way more than marijuana this time. I just think it is shady not to give out the facts in these cases.
            It's a urine test. Just tell the media what came back positive. How hard is that?
            Isn't medical information confidentiality protected by law? I think it's illegal to disclose that information.

Comment

Originally posted by bayoudreamn View Post
              Isn't medical information confidentiality protected by law? I think it's illegal to disclose that information.
              That figures. I guess it's only when the player says what it was, that we get to know.

Okay so I am going to say it was heroine then since we are forced to take an uneducated guess.
              TexansCap.com

Comment

Okay so I am going to say it was heroine then since we are forced to take an uneducated guess.
                Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
                For free agent safety Taylor Mays, the 4-game suspension is for violations of the @NFL substances of abuse policy

Comment

For free agent safety Taylor Mays, the 4-game suspension is for violations of the @NFL substances of abuse policy

Okay this can be fun. Taylor Mays...hmmmmm, lemme see......okay I've got it. He was smoking mandrix in a bong.

Next.
                  TexansCap.com

Comment

Let's go ahead and update since the beginning of the year. Don't want to leave anyone out.

2016-03-05 LA Tre Mason RB Arrested Drugs Pulled over in Hollywood, Fla., accused of reckless driving, marijuana possession and resisting arrest. Resolution undetermined.

2016-03-04 BAL Terrell Suggs LB Arrested License Accused of leaving the scene of an accident and driving with a suspended license in Scottsdale, Ariz. Resolution undetermined.

2016-02-28 HOU Jaelen Strong WR Arrested Drugs Accused of marijuana possession after traffic stop in Arizona. Resolution undetermined.

2016-02-17 IND Jonathan Newsome LB Arrested Drugs Accused of marijuana possession in Indiana after police responded to a complaint about loud music at his residence. Resolution undetermined. Team released him the next week.

2016-02-13 DEN Shiloh Keo S Arrested DUI Accused of drunken driving in Ada County, Idaho. Resolution undetermined.

2016-02-05 NE Montee Ball RB Charged Domestic violence Accused of disorderly conduct and battery after allegedly striking his girlfriend in the face. Resolution undetermined. Team released him the next week.

2016-01-23 NE J.J. Worton WR Arrested Assault Accused of assault and battery after fight at a bar in Foxboro, Mass. Resolution undetermined.
                    Last edited by Yosarian; 03-15-2016, 02:59 PM.
                    TexansCap.com

Comment

Okay this can be fun. Taylor Mays...hmmmmm, lemme see......okay I've got it. He was smoking mandrix in a bong.

Next.
                      I didnt know Mandrex were still around ?? I havent heard of those since the mid 80s . They are a sedative kinda pill . Better eaten then smoked from what I understand ??

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
                        I didnt know Mandrex were still around ?? I havent heard of those since the mid 80s . They are a sedative kinda pill . Better eaten then smoked from what I understand ??
                        oh..okay ..well I don't keep up with what is cool nowadays. I'm changing to steroids. That's what he did...probably, because we don't know.
                        TexansCap.com

Comment

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
                          Ravens' S Will Hill has been suspended 10 games for violating NFL's substance abuse policy, league sources @caplannfl and me.

Comment

Ravens' S Will Hill

Steroids and HGH --just guessing.
                            TexansCap.com

Comment

Number of N.F.L. players arrested, cited or charged with a crime, by calendar year 2000-2014. Blocks are 10. So 60+ incidents in 2007.
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/up...ests.html?_r=0

Lower numbers in the early 2000s could be an artifact of less intensive press coverage that meant more arrests went unreported.
                              Source: New York Times analysis of data compiled by USA Today
                              TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
                              X