Experts predict the AFC South

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts predict the AFC South

Well, okay, maybe "experts" was a bit of an exaggeration. Check out who David Carr thinks will win the division.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...pear-wide-open

AFC SOUTH

Judy Battista: Indianapolis Colts. If their offensive line can keep Andrew Luck in one piece, theColts overtake the Texans, whose own offensive makeover might need time to solidify.

Colleen Wolfe: Colts. Ugh. I don't feel good about this one. What a terrible division. Someone has to win, though. It's in the rules. I checked.

Brian Billick: Tennessee Titans. The AFC South is wide open, so I'm just taking a flier on the Titans. They'll play ball-control offense with a physical running game and Marcus Mariotamaking just enough dazzling plays to put them over the top.

David Carr: Titans. I think this is going to be the best division this season. The Titans' defense should be just as good -- if not better -- than it was in 2015. On offense, Marcus Mariota has looked good in the preseason and the run game should carry this team to quite a few wins.

Chris Wesseling: Titans. The massively upgraded Titans have thenot-so-secret formula to pound divisional foes into submission in an AFC South that is there for the taking.

Maurice Jones-Drew: Jacksonville Jaguars. I think the Jags are going to return to mid-2000s form and win their first AFC South title.

Gregg Rosenthal: Jaguars. The defense only needs to be average to put this team over the hump. And that unit's talent is better than average.

Elliot Harrison: Jaguars. Give me the Jaguars -- although the preseason bodes well for the Texanson several fronts. Jacksonville finally has the horses on defense to at least be viable. The offense is already capable.

Adam Rank: Jaguars. That defense is going to make the leap, while the offense improves on its production from last year.

Jeffri Chadiha: Houston Texans. Brock Osweiler is getting all the attention, but life will be easier in Houston with the arrival of running back Lamar Miller.

Gil Brandt: Texans. Improved quarterback play from Brock Osweiler and a better running game withLamar Miller will go a long way, backed by the third-best defense in 2015.

Willie McGinest: Texans. They really bulked up this offseason. With a steady offense and good defense, the Texans can repeat as division champs.

Adam Schein: Texans. J.J. Watt's back scares me, but I love the talent base and coaching in Houston.

Bucky Brooks: Texans. Jadeveon Clowney emerges as an unstoppable force with J.J. Wattrecovering from back surgery. The three-time DPOY eventually returns to full strength and the Texans' D wrecks opposing offenses down the stretch.

Charley Casserly: Texans. With the additions of Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller, they have separated themselves from the rest of the division.

Ike Taylor: Texans. The Texans won the division last year, and they have so much more talent this time around.

Dave Dameshek: Texans. Cynics scoff at the money spent on Osweiler, but he'd have to be an abject bum to not thrive with the skill-position players he's got around him. And by the way, the D will again be dominant. (10-6, No. 3 seed)

Heath Evans: Texans. Bill O'Brien has so much talent that I would be shocked if the Texans didn't win this division.

Marcas Grant: Texans. Brock Osweiler will be just good enough, while the defense and Lamar Millerwill help carry this squad to a division title.

Alex Gelhar: Texans. With stability under center, a running game and weapons alongside DeAndre Hopkins, I think the Texans will be able to win 10 games and this division.

Totals

Texans -11
    Colts - 2 - 2 girls. Maybe its female intuition?
    Jags - 4
    Titans - 3
    Last edited by Yosarian; 09-06-2016, 02:05 AM.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Titans will be the surprise team in AFCS if Mariota stays on the field.
    If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
      Titans will be the surprise team in AFCS if Mariota stays on the field.
      If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

He's pretty good, but that running game......better.
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
          Well, okay, maybe "experts" was a bit of an exaggeration. Check out who David Carr thinks will win the division.
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...pear-wide-open

AFC SOUTH

Judy Battista: Indianapolis Colts. If their offensive line can keep Andrew Luck in one piece, theColts overtake the Texans, whose own offensive makeover might need time to solidify.

Colleen Wolfe: Colts. Ugh. I don't feel good about this one. What a terrible division. Someone has to win, though. It's in the rules. I checked.

Brian Billick: Tennessee Titans. The AFC South is wide open, so I'm just taking a flier on the Titans. They'll play ball-control offense with a physical running game and Marcus Mariotamaking just enough dazzling plays to put them over the top.

David Carr: Titans. I think this is going to be the best division this season. The Titans' defense should be just as good -- if not better -- than it was in 2015. On offense, Marcus Mariota has looked good in the preseason and the run game should carry this team to quite a few wins.

Chris Wesseling: Titans. The massively upgraded Titans have thenot-so-secret formula to pound divisional foes into submission in an AFC South that is there for the taking.

Maurice Jones-Drew: Jacksonville Jaguars. I think the Jags are going to return to mid-2000s form and win their first AFC South title.

Gregg Rosenthal: Jaguars. The defense only needs to be average to put this team over the hump. And that unit's talent is better than average.

Elliot Harrison: Jaguars. Give me the Jaguars -- although the preseason bodes well for the Texanson several fronts. Jacksonville finally has the horses on defense to at least be viable. The offense is already capable.

Adam Rank: Jaguars. That defense is going to make the leap, while the offense improves on its production from last year.

Totals

Texans -11
          Colts - 2 - 2 girls. Maybe its female intuition?
          Jags - 4
          Titans - 3
          uh... FAIL guesses! Can't wait to see what these guys will predict this upcoming season.
          TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
          X