Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The JAGUARS Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The JAGUARS Thread

    Well the other AFCS teams had one and I didn't see one for the Jags. Why not.

    They picked up Arizona QB Matt Scott as a UDFA. His position coach at AZ is the current QB coach for the Jags.

    http://jacksonville.com/sports/2013-...ie-free-agents

    2012 totals

    3620 passing yards
    506 rushing yards
    33 total TDs
    15 INTs

    In his only year as a starter, last year. Probably raw but you think he can beat out Gabbert and maybe Henne year 1? Or just a camp arm?
    2012 HTMB Consolation Champion

  • #2
    And I hear they have a really good punter.

    I think the Jags are improving, but still behind the Titans. They will be competing with the Colts though and might even sweep them this year.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think it counts...

      Originally posted by Vance87 View Post
      Well the other AFCS teams had one and I didn't see one for the Jags. Why not.

      They picked up Arizona QB Matt Scott as a UDFA. His position coach at AZ is the current QB coach for the Jags.

      http://jacksonville.com/sports/2013-...ie-free-agents

      2012 totals

      3620 passing yards
      506 rushing yards
      33 total TDs
      15 INTs

      In his only year as a starter, last year. Probably raw but you think he can beat out Gabbert and maybe Henne year 1? Or just a camp arm?
      You can't count receptions to players sitting on their couches...Ha (Blackmon)
      Old dude

      Comment


      • #4
        You might have something there..

        Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
        And I hear they have a really good punter.

        I think the Jags are improving, but still behind the Titans. They will be competing with the Colts though and might even sweep them this year.
        The Colts had the NFL's easiest schedule last year and it (looking back) is no surprise they won so many games. This year will be very different (in a bad way) for them.

        1. The best Colts coach is in Arizona now.
        2. No one will underestimate this team and Luck has put all of his tendencies on tape for the opponents to study where they did not have them in 2012.
        3. Their schedule is tough and reality will arrive in Indy.
        4. Houston very likely has substantially improved their team with drafting a valid #2 WR in Hopkins, improved back end with Reed and Swearinger, a healthy Brian Cushing, and a very good fullback in Jones to block for Arian Foster.
        5. Jacksonville has improved their team but is hurt with Blackmon's circus trick and the loss of FB Jones. Titans will probably be improved with CJ returning to form.
        6. Indy had virtually no one giving them good grades for their draft so they will be going with essentially the same team from last year.

        I do not think they will get to .500.
        Old dude

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by megasawfish View Post
          The Colts had the NFL's easiest schedule last year and it (looking back) is no surprise they won so many games. This year will be very different (in a bad way) for them.

          1. The best Colts coach is in Arizona now.
          2. No one will underestimate this team and Luck has put all of his tendencies on tape for the opponents to study where they did not have them in 2012.
          3. Their schedule is tough and reality will arrive in Indy.
          4. Houston very likely has substantially improved their team with drafting a valid #2 WR in Hopkins, improved back end with Reed and Swearinger, a healthy Brian Cushing, and a very good fullback in Jones to block for Arian Foster.
          5. Jacksonville has improved their team but is hurt with Blackmon's circus trick and the loss of FB Jones. Titans will probably be improved with CJ returning to form.
          6. Indy had virtually no one giving them good grades for their draft so they will be going with essentially the same team from last year.

          I do not think they will get to .500.

          I must nominate this for the dumbest post of the year.

          So surprise that the Colts won 11 games last year? Ha, even the biggest homer Colts fan picked 8 wins at most. They were 2-14 in 2011 with a new coach, and a rookie quarterback. They blew all expectations out of the water.

          To say the Colts have the same team as last year is totally asinine. Have you been sleeping through the entire offseason? They've brought in several free agents who will step into starting roles, and I don't care what you say about their draft, I think Grigson knocked it out of the park by drafting the guys they did and fillings holes.
          ColtsStrong Parade

          Comment


          • #6
            I have to agree with mega on most of his points. Easy schedule and lots of ref help aided them. Next year teams have a lot more film on Luck. I project him to exceed his int total this year because db's will have more film to study his blatent staring down receivers.

            I think Luck is kinda like Rothlisburger when it comes to scrambling, and still being able to find success at times. But I think he will find year two much more difficult than year one in terms of victories and stats.

            He is still better than Gabbert though, so who knows. I think the Jags are improving and had a good draft with their high picks. I expect them to give all of the AFC South headaches this year.

            I guess I am expecting Texans, Titans, and toss up between Colts and Jags for third in division. It all depends on how the Jags can coordinate the talent they have.
            Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
            TexansCap.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Awesome list. I liked #5.
              Jacksonville and improving. Made me smile.
              sigpic

              AFC Champions -2006, 2009

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by S.B.A.R. View Post
                Awesome list. I liked #5.
                Jacksonville and improving. Made me smile.
                Those two words just don't seem to go together, do they?? LOL
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  After a quick skim over the Colts schedule, I am going with 10-6.

                  W Sept. 8: vs. Oakland Raiders, 1 p.m.

                  W Sept. 15: vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m.

                  L Sept. 22: at San Francisco 49ers, 4:25 p.m.

                  W Sept. 29: at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.

                  L Oct. 6: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1 p.m.

                  L Oct. 14: at San Diego Chargers, 8:40 p.m.

                  L Oct. 20: vs. Denver Broncos, 8:30 p.m.

                  Oct. 27: Bye

                  L Nov. 3: at Houston Texans, 8:30 p.m.

                  W Nov. 10: vs. St. Louis Rams, 1 p.m.

                  W Nov. 14: at Tennessee Titans, 8:25 p.m.

                  W Nov. 24: at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m.

                  W Dec. 1: vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m.

                  L Dec. 8: at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m.

                  W Dec. 15: vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m.

                  W Dec. 22: at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m.

                  W Dec. 29: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.



                  However, the Colts are still very young an inexperienced. I could see them beating Seattle at home but then losing to Jacksonville or Oakland. It's hard to tell with a team like the Colts because they are definitely talented and I think poised for a long run of success but it is still very early in the development of this team. I could see anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4 (if things really go well for them). Games against Seattle, Cincinnati, and San Diego to me are toss ups that are hard to call. I could see 3 wins or 3 losses.
                  ColtsStrong Parade

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Add Miami to the list of possible losses for the Colts as well. Miami will be better and shoulda/coulda had the W last year at the Oil Can

                    I agree with you tho, anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6 for me on the Colts.

                    Also, I'm not crying conspiracy or anything, BUT the Colts LAST three HOME games are VS the AFC South!!?? I mean come on!

                    The Texans on the other hand have 3 of the LAST 4 ON THE ROAD....wait for it....all against DIVISION FOES!!!!

                    I refuse to believe in conspiracy theories!!!
                    Last edited by austins23; 05-13-2013, 08:14 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Dolphins are an underrated team this year and could surprise some people.

                      Seahawks and 49ers won't lose a game except vs. Each other.

                      In regards to the Colts schedule, I would probably mark both of those as losses. (Both losses probably for the Texans, also)
                      Last edited by AngryNateFTW; 05-13-2013, 09:28 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When he retired in 2005, former Jacksonville Jaguars star Jimmy Smith was considered one of the best wide receivers in NFL history. Eight years later, he’s serving a six-year sentence in a Mississippi prison.

                        Smith, who spent a decade as one of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ most consistent offensive threats, is currently serving a six-year jail sentence after being convicted of drug and weapons charges, Yahoo! Sports reports.

                        According to Mississippi Department of Corrections documents, the 43-year-old was charged with two years for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and four years for possession of cocaine. He began serving his jail sentence in March, and will not be released until November of 2018.
                        L I N K

                        ****. This dude was a burner, he and Fred Taylor was alot of that offense back when. Sad.
                        sigpic

                        AFC Champions -2006, 2009

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by S.B.A.R. View Post
                          L I N K

                          ****. This dude was a burner, he and Fred Taylor was alot of that offense back when. Sad.
                          Now he just burns up spoons.
                          2013 AFC Champions... Your Houston Texans!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by austins23 View Post
                            Add Miami to the list of possible losses for the Colts as well. Miami will be better and shoulda/coulda had the W last year at the Oil Can

                            I agree with you tho, anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6 for me on the Colts.

                            Also, I'm not crying conspiracy or anything, BUT the Colts LAST three HOME games are VS the AFC South!!?? I mean come on!

                            The Texans on the other hand have 3 of the LAST 4 ON THE ROAD....wait for it....all against DIVISION FOES!!!!

                            I refuse to believe in conspiracy theories!!!

                            You do realize that every team plays 3 division home games and 3 division road games right?
                            ColtsStrong Parade

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              NO, I don't think so.....

                              Originally posted by peytonmanning18 View Post
                              After a quick skim over the Colts schedule, I am going with 10-6.

                              W Sept. 8: vs. Oakland Raiders, 1 p.m.

                              W Sept. 15: vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m.

                              L Sept. 22: at San Francisco 49ers, 4:25 p.m.

                              W Sept. 29: at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.

                              L Oct. 6: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1 p.m.

                              L Oct. 14: at San Diego Chargers, 8:40 p.m.

                              L Oct. 20: vs. Denver Broncos, 8:30 p.m.

                              Oct. 27: Bye

                              L Nov. 3: at Houston Texans, 8:30 p.m.

                              W Nov. 10: vs. St. Louis Rams, 1 p.m.

                              W Nov. 14: at Tennessee Titans, 8:25 p.m.

                              W Nov. 24: at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m.

                              W Dec. 1: vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m.

                              L Dec. 8: at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m.

                              W Dec. 15: vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m.

                              W Dec. 22: at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m.

                              W Dec. 29: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.



                              However, the Colts are still very young an inexperienced. I could see them beating Seattle at home but then losing to Jacksonville or Oakland. It's hard to tell with a team like the Colts because they are definitely talented and I think poised for a long run of success but it is still very early in the development of this team. I could see anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4 (if things really go well for them). Games against Seattle, Cincinnati, and San Diego to me are toss ups that are hard to call. I could see 3 wins or 3 losses.
                              Raiders, Miami win
                              @San Francisco lose
                              @Jacksonville win
                              Seattle lose
                              @San Diego win
                              Broncos @Texans @Titans, Rams @Cardinals lose
                              Titans win
                              Bengals Texans lose
                              @Chiefs Jags win

                              So I made a mistake in calling 8-8 for the Colts. After review, I think it will be 7-9

                              Sorry PAYton....
                              Last edited by megasawfish; 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM.
                              Old dude

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X