This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes sense and understandable.
    Thank you for your time with that well put explanation. Overall I think the Texans do an outstanding job moving that much traffic in the short amount of time they have.

Sure as heck beats 1 1/2 hours to leave the Astrodome back when.

Thanks again

Comment

• Holly Hall

Along the same lines, at the Holly Hall entrance, 8:00 a.m., they only had one of the inbound gates open to let in tailgaters. Usually there are at least two and often three open. Why the change? Thanks.

Originally posted by mmtex63 View Post
      Does anyone (Parking Guru) know why they had the entrance into the Blue Lot right off the Kirby Exit coned off?
      To me this makes no sense as now everyone has to either go in right before Kirby or the Kirby entrance.

Traffic was all jacked up at 10:45am and thank god I don't have to use the Fannin exit off 610 as that was backed up around 288.

Why would they change something that has been working for years?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by mmtex63 View Post
        This makes sense and understandable.
        Thank you for your time with that well put explanation. Overall I think the Texans do an outstanding job moving that much traffic in the short amount of time they have.

Sure as heck beats 1 1/2 hours to leave the Astrodome back when.

Thanks again
        I was at the Dallas game and they do a much better job directing traffic up there. I was out and on the freeway back to Houston in under 20 minutes. I think the police need to reconstruct their plan for getting people out. Right now it seems like they just randomly merge people in and traffic builds up rapidly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houston24 View Post
          I was at the Dallas game and they do a much better job directing traffic up there. I was out and on the freeway back to Houston in under 20 minutes. I think the police need to reconstruct their plan for getting people out. Right now it seems like they just randomly merge people in and traffic builds up rapidly.
          I'm usually out at NRG in 10min.............and that's no lie!!

Comment

• PARKING GURU!!! Looks like more of the BLUE lot is being taken over.

Originally posted by 3RDANDLONG! View Post
            at the back of the blue lot I am usually out of the gate within 5 min. of getting to the car. When I am forced to park up closer to the stadium is when it takes forever to get out.

Getting out of the game however is not where I have the majority of my problems. People have to realize that the game ends and the majority of the people are wanting to leave within a 30 minute time frame so there is going to be some delays.

Getting into the stadium where people are arriving over a 3 hour period should not be as big of a hassle as it is.

For the Blue lot entrances more police are needed from the intersection at Fannin all the way to the entrances and the parking attendants and police need to be on the same page.
            I received an email today from the Texans and it appears they are trying to sell additional "Tailgating spaces" in the blue lot. The area is out where the old bridge crosses over 610, lot 25. Parking in this lot and lot 24 has always been restricted to either the first hour that the gates are open OR for people that show up at the last minute. This has always been an issue with me because I like to park out there and walk in and for various reasons only during the first hour could that happen otherwise I was directed to park up closer to the stadium in already crowded lots. NOW the Texans are trying to sell 20x25 tailgating spots in this area which is going to make it even more difficult to park there. Each one of these tailgating packages end up taking up 5 parking spaces. 3 for the tailgate setup and 2 reserved spots near their tailgate.

IF the BLUE lot is full which is what I am told every year when I try to change my orange pass for a blue one or try to purchase an additional blue pass how is it that all of a sudden there is room to sell these tailgating spaces? The blue suite parking has already had additional traffic added to it by the addition of the tailgating spots located up closer to the stadium. I don't think the Texans are treating their current PSL/Season ticket holders fairly that would like to purchase a parking pass for this lot. Looks like the TEXANS are selling the same parking spaces twice to me. The platinum lot is the only lot that I am aware of that has reserved parking. Looks like it's time to make some calls.
            Last edited by 3RDANDLONG!; 06-17-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3RDANDLONG! View Post
              I received an email today from the Texans and it appears they are trying to sell additional "Tailgating spaces" in the blue lot. The area is out where the old bridge crosses over 610, lot 25. Parking in this lot and lot 24 has always been restricted to either the first hour that the gates are open OR for people that show up at the last minute. This has always been an issue with me because I like to park out there and walk in and for various reasons only during the first hour could that happen otherwise I was directed to park up closer to the stadium in already crowded lots. NOW the Texans are trying to sell 20x25 tailgating spots in this area which is going to make it even more difficult to park there. Each one of these tailgating packages end up taking up 5 parking spaces. 3 for the tailgate setup and 2 reserved spots near their tailgate.

IF the BLUE lot is full which is what I am told every year when I try to change my orange pass for a blue one or try to purchase an additional blue pass how is it that all of a sudden there is room to sell these tailgating spaces? The blue suite parking has already had additional traffic added to it by the addition of the tailgating spots located up closer to the stadium. I don't think the Texans are treating their current PSL/Season ticket holders fairly that would like to purchase a parking pass for this lot. Looks like the TEXANS are selling the same parking spaces twice to me. The platinum lot is the only lot that I am aware of that has reserved parking. Looks like it's time to make some calls.
              Good Morning,

I appreciate your feedback and passion regarding the new blue lot 25 tailgate package offer. I have received these very same questions via other parking feedback channels along with a few additional questions. I will answer all your questions and throw in a few more I received along with their answers to assist with full disclosure of the thought process for this decision. Questions are below in Black Bold font and my responses are below in Black non-bold font.

I see where the Texans are offering Tailgating packages in the Blue Lot Section 24 and 25. I am curious as to how this can be possible when I have tried for years to purchase additional parking in the Blue lot and or Change an Orange parking pass into a blue pass only to be told that the lot is full and sold out? The lot is sold out through our traditional fan allotment(Which makes up approximately 95% of our blue parking pass distribution), these are available as a result of sponsorship agreements that expired and were not renewed with the team. These were not available to fans last year and were in the hands of sponsors. This is our effort to put these back into the hands of our fans. Essentially, in lieu of including them in a new sponsor package the Houston Texans have decided to make them available to fans through a tailgate package.

Each one of these “Tailgating packages” will take up 5 parking spaces in the blue lot. The Blue Lot 25 tailgate spaces(20’x24’) are made up of 2 actual parking spaces and a striped area next to those two spots that was used for ADA purposes for Astroworld guests before it was closed. Ultimately it ends up using 4 spaces per tailgate spot(2 for the tailgate footprint and 2 to park vehicles) which it the total allotment that was returned via expired sponsor agreements this year.

For years I have also had difficulty parking in the 24 or 25 section unless I came very early or waited until the last minute to arrive. I was given different reason such as traffic flow etc. Now it appears that people purchasing these tailgating packages will receive reserved parking in these lots? I guess all the trouble it caused before has gone away? Our parking lots are first come first serve for the first hour after gates open. If you were not allowed to go to a specific area during that time in the past then I apologize. That is certainly not the direction we provided our parking staff and I will continue to train those folks on the appropriate way to direct guest during the first hour after gates open. That said, if you would like to park in Blue 24 or 25 this year and arrive during the first hour you will be allowed to go there in 2015. If for any reason you are not allowed back there during the first hour I would contact our gameday hotline (832-667-1400)immediately and they will provide and immediate response to the situation. If that response is not to your satisfaction I would suggest following up with me with the details of the incident including names, times, and locations you were refused access to that area and I can take additional action as needed.

I would also have to assume that since these lots have been full for years that the Texans are selling the same spaces twice? This is not the case, we have never and will never double sell parking. These spaces were made available through a discontinued sponsor agreement.

The Blue lot has always been first come first serve except for the 24 and 25 sections as mentioned above. This is also the premise under which I purchased my blue parking passes. IF the Texans are going to start making the blue lot reserved parking then all of the current season ticket and psl owners with blue lot passes should have the opportunity to select their reserved location! You will be allowed to enter Blue 24 or 25 during the first hour after gates open. If that does not happen please contact our gameday hotline immediately. Current Blue lot patrons will receive an offer to purchase this in the near future. We send that out in small groups at this point because there are only 10 spaces available for sale through this offer in 2015. Every other day a new group with blue parking season ticket holders will receive this offer until it is sold out. If you are interested in this offer the Houston Texans have no problem reserving one of these spaces on your season ticket account(Call 832-667-2390 for more details). Also, at this point we do not have plans to make additional reserved tailgating spaces for the 2015 season other than the new tailgate space in blue 25.

Thank you for taking the time to present these very important questions. If you have any additional questions please feel free to send them my way and I will answer them as soon as possible.

PG

Comment

• Thank you for your reply Parking GURU

Originally posted by Parking Guru View Post
                Good Morning,

I appreciate your feedback and passion regarding the new blue lot 25 tailgate package offer. I have received these very same questions via other parking feedback channels along with a few additional questions. I will answer all your questions and throw in a few more I received along with their answers to assist with full disclosure of the thought process for this decision. Questions are below in Black Bold font and my responses are below in Black non-bold font.

I see where the Texans are offering Tailgating packages in the Blue Lot Section 24 and 25. I am curious as to how this can be possible when I have tried for years to purchase additional parking in the Blue lot and or Change an Orange parking pass into a blue pass only to be told that the lot is full and sold out? The lot is sold out through our traditional fan allotment(Which makes up approximately 95% of our blue parking pass distribution), these are available as a result of sponsorship agreements that expired and were not renewed with the team. These were not available to fans last year and were in the hands of sponsors. This is our effort to put these back into the hands of our fans. Essentially, in lieu of including them in a new sponsor package the Houston Texans have decided to make them available to fans through a tailgate package.

Each one of these “Tailgating packages” will take up 5 parking spaces in the blue lot. The Blue Lot 25 tailgate spaces(20’x24’) are made up of 2 actual parking spaces and a striped area next to those two spots that was used for ADA purposes for Astroworld guests before it was closed. Ultimately it ends up using 4 spaces per tailgate spot(2 for the tailgate footprint and 2 to park vehicles) which it the total allotment that was returned via expired sponsor agreements this ye

For years I have also had difficulty parking in the 24 or 25 section unless I came very early or waited until the last minute to arrive. I was given different reason such as traffic flow etc. Now it appears that people purchasing these tailgating packages will receive reserved parking in these lots? I guess all the trouble it caused before has gone away? Our parking lots are first come first serve for the first hour after gates open. If you were not allowed to go to a specific area during that time in the past then I apologize. That is certainly not the direction we provided our parking staff and I will continue to train those folks on the appropriate way to direct guest during the first hour after gates open. That said, if you would like to park in Blue 24 or 25 this year and arrive during the first hour you will be allowed to go there in 2015. If for any reason you are not allowed back there during the first hour I would contact our gameday hotline (832-667-1400)immediately and they will provide and immediate response to the situation. If that response is not to your satisfaction I would suggest following up with me with the details of the incident including names, times, and locations you were refused access to that area and I can take additional action as needed.

I would also have to assume that since these lots have been full for years that the Texans are selling the same spaces twice? This is not the case, we have never and will never double sell parking. These spaces were made available through a discontinued sponsor agreement.

The Blue lot has always been first come first serve except for the 24 and 25 sections as mentioned above. This is also the premise under which I purchased my blue parking passes. IF the Texans are going to start making the blue lot reserved parking then all of the current season ticket and psl owners with blue lot passes should have the opportunity to select their reserved location! You will be allowed to enter Blue 24 or 25 during the first hour after gates open. If that does not happen please contact our gameday hotline immediately. Current Blue lot patrons will receive an offer to purchase this in the near future. We send that out in small groups at this point because there are only 10 spaces available for sale through this offer in 2015. Every other day a new group with blue parking season ticket holders will receive this offer until it is sold out. If you are interested in this offer the Houston Texans have no problem reserving one of these spaces on your season ticket account(Call 832-667-2390 for more details). Also, at this point we do not have plans to make additional reserved tailgating spaces for the 2015 season other than the new tailgate space in blue 25.

Thank you for taking the time to present these very important questions. If you have any additional questions please feel free to send them my way and I will answer them as soon as possible.

PG
                First let me say that I am not sure what a sponsorship agreement is as far as the Texans are concered or who may be a sponsor. Meaning individuals, groups, organizations or businesses. I assume if I approaced the Texans with a sponsor inquiry I would get a reply as long as my pockets were deep enough.
                Yes these Tailgate packages are being offered to the general public and as you say I am free to purchase one. I stand corrected on the number of spaces required for these tailgating packages as it 4 not the 5 as I mentioned.
                However we can call it what we want, sponsorship, tailgate package at $4000.00 per most regular fans are not in the position to purchase these. In fact if I were to purchase four Blue parking passes the total cost would be $1400.00 instead of the $4000.00 being asked.
                As I mentioned I do not know the details of a sponsorship or the money involved but I still feel that this is more about money than and losing the sponsorship than just trying to offer these blue spaces to the regular everyday fan.
                As far as parking in the 24/25 lot if I have difficulty parking in this area I will call the helpline. I know that by the time it is resolved I will have parked elswhere at the direction of the parking attendents or police but I will call none the less so that others may not have the same issue.
                We have had this discussion before but simply removing the barricades in the curve in the road where you either enter the 24/25 lot or make the left hand curve and park up closer to the stadium would actually stop hard heads like me from stopping in the middle of the road asking for the barricade to be moved. People would simply choose to make the left hand curve and park closer or make the slight right and park out in 24/25.

The 24/25 lot is usually pretty full after the games so I am assuning that people that show up late and do not partake in the tailgating and pregame activities are allowed to park in these lots. So those that show up very early or those that show up very late park here and those that show up somewhere in the middle which is when most people show up these lots are barricaded off?

Leaving the barricades down takes all the confusion out of when or who or for how long people can park in this area and during the major rush gives another area or outlet for people to get parked and out of the way.

Now that being said again thanks for always replying, we may not always agree but you always step up and address any issues people may have.

If you can just tell us who the QB is going to be this year I promise not to gripe anymore.....for the rest of this year anyway!

Comment

• Sir, again the entrance to the Yellow Lot on McNee Street was not staffed. One person was there and he was there to let in the Law Enforcement people only. Once the Main Street gate opened the entire line of vehicles on McNee Street began honking. The man at the gate noticed what was happening and opened ONE gate to allow entrance. Why does this seem to continually happen at this entrance? We are glad he allowed us to enter but this should not be happening.

With the next home game being in Prime Time, it would behoove the Texans to have this gate properly staffed.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by austins23 View Post
                    Sir, again the entrance to the Yellow Lot on McNee Street was not staffed. One person was there and he was there to let in the Law Enforcement people only. Once the Main Street gate opened the entire line of vehicles on McNee Street began honking. The man at the gate noticed what was happening and opened ONE gate to allow entrance. Why does this seem to continually happen at this entrance? We are glad he allowed us to enter but this should not be happening.

With the next home game being in Prime Time, it would behoove the Texans to have this gate properly staffed.
                    WASH,RINSE, REPEAT. Again the McNee gate was not staffed with Texans/Parking Lot personnel. You haven't answered my last email concerning this situation and have not responded to this post either. I'm assuming you have not corrected the situation (which is obvious) or do not care not to correct it.

There has been Law Enforcement personnel at the gate every weekend ready for business, but no parking lot/Texans employees. This is three times this year. Unacceptable.

Please find a remedy to this or let us know that you will not be staffing the McNee entrance so that we can make other arrangements. It is obvious this gate needs to remain open, however, due to the volume of traffic that backs up on Main Street.
                    Last edited by austins23; 12-15-2015, 09:53 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Drop the ban hammer till that sucker gets open.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2throwed281 View Post
                        Drop the ban hammer till that sucker gets open.
                        It was a thought!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 2throwed281 View Post
                          Drop the ban hammer till that sucker gets open.
                          lol
                          Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

• 610 / Fannin Exit Issues - Parking Guru

This exit has always had issues due to the light rail. However it seems to be getting worse. I park in the Blue lot. I take Hwy 59 from Kingwood to 288 then onto 610 and exit Fannin. This last week it took me longer to get from the 610/ Fannin exit into the first blue lot entrance than it did to drive from Kingwood to the Fannin exit on the route above. After you exit 610 onto the access road there are 4 lanes. Far right is right turn only (4). Far left is U turn only (1) . Middle left is left turn or straight (2) and middle right or the second lane from the right is for going straight across Fannin (3) in order to enter the Maroon or Blue parking lots. What ends up happening is people in lanes 1, 2 and 4 start trying to cut over into lane 3 in order to go straight across Fannin to get to the maroon and blue lots and we have a bottle neck, people honking etc. Then you have to contend with the light rail which delays traffic but is not really all that bad. The next issues is people end up stopping in the middle of the intersection when they are going down Fannin towards the orange lot. The light turns green for the traffic wanting to go straight across Fannin, but they are stuck because of the cars already blocking the intersection. I said all that to say that there should be police directing traffic at this intersection. After your finally make it through all this mess and get to the entrance of the blue lot there are usually 2-6 police officers pointing to turn right into the blue lot! I know that they are looking for the blue hang tag but have some of them move down to the intersection where police presence would help greatly.

Comment

Working...
                            X