Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texans ice chest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texans ice chest

    Okay first off this isn't a sale thread more of a research i'm doing.

    I'm going to start building Texans Ice chest that was wooden with a nice wood stain on it to preserve it life..

    These babies will be hand crafted and stained. I'll be also furshing the ice chest which will be inside the wooden build out.

    It's features will consist of a drain plug on the external wood frame and easy detachment to clean the chest out. They will have to options which will be a wheeled version and non wheeled.

    these will be the actual cooler sizes and some different sizes but this is a general ideal.
    48 qt.
    120qt
    70 qt

    Any thoughts on this. I have one in construction i plan on posting soon.

    different heights will be available also

  • #2
    If that's what you like doing then more power to you brother.

    JUST LAUNCHED ...operation build some **** Texan ice chests.2012

    Comment


    • #3
      ill be doing dbl sided ice chest also..

      i love crafting items and building them.

      my researching been showinf some from 300-400 bucks.

      ill be more around 150 to 250 unless special orders.

      even thinking about doing one with a enclosed food warmer and part ice chest. Warmer isnt electric but an plastic oven that holds the heat in for hours

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you make a non furshed version?
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I work for YETI Coolers. We could get a type of Texans logo made, but it cost 1k to get that done. I wish I could get enough people together to do it. YETI's aren't cheap, but they are flat-out awesome. Great product.
          Evolve or Die

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
            I work for YETI Coolers. We could get a type of Texans logo made, but it cost 1k to get that done. I wish I could get enough people together to do it. YETI's aren't cheap, but they are flat-out awesome. Great product.


            I really like the Yetis however they are very expensive. We have found when we deer hunt or go fishing that they really dont provide the benefit that the extra cost entails. No because it isnt a good product but because we are in and out of the icechest so much that it cant really do its job

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 2012Champs View Post
              I really like the Yetis however they are very expensive. We have found when we deer hunt or go fishing that they really dont provide the benefit that the extra cost entails. No because it isnt a good product but because we are in and out of the icechest so much that it cant really do its job
              Constant opening of them and keeping them in direct sunlight has a pretty big effect on the ice retention. It also doesn't help putting ice in when the cooler has been out in the sun. People have a lot of success with Dry Ice as well. Maybe you had a bad gasket that wasn't keeping it air tight. Sometimes that happens. The coolers we are producing now have a larger rubber gasket. People can call us anytime they are having a problem, and we'll send whatever part it is to fix it. We aren't 1st in the cooler market for nothing.
              Evolve or Die

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
                Constant opening of them and keeping them in direct sunlight has a pretty big effect on the ice retention. It also doesn't help putting ice in when the cooler has been out in the sun. People have a lot of success with Dry Ice as well. Maybe you had a bad gasket that wasn't keeping it air tight. Sometimes that happens. The coolers we are producing now have a larger rubber gasket. People can call us anytime they are having a problem, and we'll send whatever part it is to fix it. We aren't 1st in the cooler market for nothing.
                I have a yeti, I like it, but why is there no insulation on the bottom of it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 2throwed281 View Post
                  I have a yeti, I like it, but why is there no insulation on the bottom of it?
                  What type do you have? We have models that we don't make anymore. I.E. The Roughnecks and Sherpas. They aren't nearly as good as the Tundra series.
                  Evolve or Die

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
                    What type do you have? We have models that we don't make anymore. I.E. The Roughnecks and Sherpas. They aren't nearly as good as the Tundra series.
                    I have a tundra and a roadie. There is hardly if any in the bottom. tap on it, sounds hollow down there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                      Can you make a non furshed version?
                      one without a ice chest?

                      pm if possible

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My brother builds them from time to time. He actually uses old fence boards to give it a rustic look. They are pretty cool. The only problem is the one's he builds don't move and need to stay outside. Good for parties at the house, not for everyday use. It seems like he has the same design as you. It is more or less a wooden shell with an actual cooler inside. He went a step further and attached the cooler lid to the wooden lid so you don't have to open and close two lids everytime you want to get in or out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bOODRO87 View Post
                          What type do you have? We have models that we don't make anymore. I.E. The Roughnecks and Sherpas. They aren't nearly as good as the Tundra series.




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GoldenHolden View Post
                            My brother builds them from time to time. He actually uses old fence boards to give it a rustic look. They are pretty cool. The only problem is the one's he builds don't move and need to stay outside. Good for parties at the house, not for everyday use. It seems like he has the same design as you. It is more or less a wooden shell with an actual cooler inside. He went a step further and attached the cooler lid to the wooden lid so you don't have to open and close two lids everytime you want to get in or out.
                            Mine will be same with the lid being attached to the wooden top. also creating one with a food storage which will keep the food warm and hot like bbq and drink compartment on other side.

                            I plan on making some with caster wheels this way they can be mobile and some that will be placed in one spot

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              if click on new thread button you can make a yeti topic with no problem. Dont clutter up my small space with your gossip.

                              thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X