Kalbi, korean short ribs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalbi, korean short ribs.

Find some good looking, well marbled cross cut short ribs.

2 cups soy sauce
    1/2 cup sesame oil
    1cup sugar
    1/4 cup water
    5 cloves garlic
    2 med onions
    2 large carrots
    1/2 kiwi
    Sesame seeds, small palmful

Put onions, carrots, garlic, kiwi, and sugar into blender. Puree.
    In a large bowl or pan, soy sauce, sesame oil, water, and sesame seeds. Toast seeds if you want to. Put puree into soy sauce mix. Should be able to marinade up to 10 pounds of ribs

wash ribs to remove any bone dust. Cut away excess fat and silver skin. Place short ribs into a bowl of cold water to draw out the blood. May take a few rinses. Put meat into marinade making sure every piece gets well coated. I like to put one layer of meat, ladle some marinade, next layer meat, more marinade, ect. Put in fridge or cooler for at least 24 hours. I've marinaded for 3 days before. You can pound meat before marinating if you want to. Over med high to high heat (preferably charcoal) grill for a few minutes on each side until slightly charred. Serve with kimchi and some med grain white rice. Eat
    Last edited by 2throwed281; 10-06-2016, 07:40 PM.

That gameday picture alone makes me want to try it. Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Not sure where to get good ribs on the island but i think i can manage. I am usually not that into ribs but these looked great.
    I'll let you know how they turn out. Maybe Sunday I'll try it out. Make that Monday. I'll never have it marinaded by Sunday. Other things going on but thanks again. Can't wait to try it out.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
      That gameday picture alone makes me want to try it. Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Not sure where to get good ribs on the island but i think i can manage. I am usually not that into ribs but these looked great.
      I'll let you know how they turn out. Maybe Sunday I'll try it out. Make that Monday. I'll never have it marinaded by Sunday. Other things going on but thanks again. Can't wait to try it out.
      The first time i tried this i went and found the cheapest price for the ribs, i ended up cutting away a LOT of fat and it was kinda tough. I found another meat market with better looking meat, cost about a dollar more a pound, but the end product was better. Still in search of a good cheap meat market lol.

Comment

And one more thing, when you remove them from the grill, don't cover them. I put them under a towel to keep them warm, pulled the towel back and they lost all their color. They sat and steamed under the towel.

Comment

Working...
        X