Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Rub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BBQ Rub

    This is a no fail rub for Chicken, Ribs, Brisket, Pork Shoulder

    I use one of those big spice containers once its empty

    Equal parts of

    Garlic Powder
    Paprika
    Salt
    Black Pepper
    Brown Sugar
    1/2 part Onion Powder
    1/2 part Chili Powder
    1/4 part Cayenne Pepper

    I put the rub on 18-24 hours before BBQing, then I mix the rub and olive oil and apple cider vinegar to baste with during the cue'ing

    Always remember to not over smoke 3-4 hours is enough if you are doing it right, some things use less, wrap them up and leave em on the pit. Low and slow, Briskette and Shoulders do have to have an hour or so at 300 to really tenderize but chicken and ribs typically don't have as much fatty stuff to breakdown.
    Last edited by dbruder44; 09-16-2012, 10:35 AM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I'm using your rub on my brisket and ribs today. Got em all ready yesterday and got up at 3 this morning to get the brisket smoking.
    That rub tastes good man.
    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

    GO TEXANS!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JamTex View Post
      I'm using your rub on my brisket and ribs today. Got em all ready yesterday and got up at 3 this morning to get the brisket smoking.
      That rub tastes good man.
      Awesome, I am having beers on Copacabana beach in Rio de Janiero inspecting thongs. Let me know what you think, I know its awesome though.... GLAD YOU TRIED IT
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Rio Rocks

        Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
        Awesome, I am having beers on Copacabana beach in Rio de Janiero inspecting thongs. Let me know what you think, I know its awesome though.... GLAD YOU TRIED IT
        We prefer Ipanema!! But Copa ain't shabby.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JamTex View Post
          I'm using your rub on my brisket and ribs today. Got em all ready yesterday and got up at 3 this morning to get the brisket smoking.
          That rub tastes good man.
          What did you think of the rub? Would like to try. Please let me know, thanks...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
            This is a no fail rub for Chicken, Ribs, Brisket, Pork Shoulder

            I use one of those big spice containers once its empty

            Equal parts of

            Garlic Powder
            Paprika
            Salt
            Black Pepper
            Brown Sugar
            1/2 part Onion Powder
            1/2 part Chili Powder
            1/4 part Cayenne Pepper

            I put the rub on 18-24 hours before BBQing, then I mix the rub and olive oil and apple cider vinegar to baste with during the cue'ing

            Always remember to not over smoke 3-4 hours is enough if you are doing it right, some things use less, wrap them up and leave em on the pit. Low and slow, Briskette and Shoulders do have to have an hour or so at 300 to really tenderize but chicken and ribs typically don't have as much fatty stuff to breakdown.
            Just wanted to say thanks for posting this...ribs came out great using your recipe! I did add an extra 2 parts brown sugar for a little more of a sweet taste but either way it was great. Thanks again!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Magnolia00 View Post
              Just wanted to say thanks for posting this...ribs came out great using your recipe! I did add an extra 2 parts brown sugar for a little more of a sweet taste but either way it was great. Thanks again!
              Thanks, yeah you can go spicy or sweeter from the base, glad you enjoyed it, I got it from a cooking show 5 years or so ago, never been more pleased with it....
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
                Thanks, yeah you can go spicy or sweeter from the base, glad you enjoyed it, I got it from a cooking show 5 years or so ago, never been more pleased with it....
                DB,

                Sounds good and will try it. Have you ever tried REO out of Huntsville??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JRingo View Post
                  DB,

                  Sounds good and will try it. Have you ever tried REO out of Huntsville??
                  No, I have been just modifying my base rub for the last 5 years or so.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Using it again today on a 16 pound brisket. It's a really good rub. Every time i use it, everyone loves it.
                    ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

                    GO TEXANS!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                      Using it again today on a 16 pound brisket. It's a really good rub. Every time i use it, everyone loves it.
                      Nice, I need to BBQ when I get home
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nothing like firing up the smoker and enjoying a cold beer.
                        ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

                        GO TEXANS!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Magnolia00 View Post
                          Just wanted to say thanks for posting this...ribs came out great using your recipe! I did add an extra 2 parts brown sugar for a little more of a sweet taste but either way it was great. Thanks again!
                          Thats a very good Rub mixture Dbruder is sharing I will add something that I learned which is Sea Salt is what I use I think its a mellower saltiness Then regular Iodized Salt not to mention better for you if you have any Blood pressure issues . Cant go wrong some stores have flavored Sea Salts lemon Salt works good on chicken . Just adding my 2 cents I love to grill and smoke alot of things / on the grill lol ! If anyone could recommend a decent Boudin that I can purchase in a store I would be grateful !! I cant get to my fav. place in Louisiana enough need something ??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Daddy just got a new pit this week, sadly out of town for the next 6 weeks
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
                              Daddy just got a new pit this week, sadly out of town for the next 6 weeks
                              Thats has got to hurt Bro !! I got 2 Sirloins marinating right now . Gonna fire up my little porch Hibachi and get that sear on them in a few hrs . Where you at now ? In the States or somewhere Exotic ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X