No announcement yet.

BBQ Rub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Chachere's, Garlic powder and Cayenne pepper along with marinating the ribs in Italian dressing over night is what I do. But I will have to try dbruder ' s recipe.

We should have BBQ cook off.
    sigpic

Bleeds Texans Blue Red and White Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
      Tony Chachere's, Garlic powder and Cayenne pepper along with marinating the ribs in Italian dressing over night is what I do. But I will have to try dbruder ' s recipe.

We should have BBQ cook off.
      Just my own Technic for a dry rub is its gotta have some sweet in it Brown sugar if your making a big jar to store ? They way you do it is good also (Italian dressing) if I was in a hurry. Which in that case just granulated sugar works and for people who like sauce. Ketchup with some honey ,brown sugar and apple cider vinegar touch of mustard powder to give it a kick or red pepper which is a staple in my Rub LOL I LOVE to grill and or smoke anytime of the yr. !! My friend uses Liquid Smoke and does baby back ribs in his oven ,and if you didnt know you would swear it was done in a Tennessee smoke house !! I havent tried it yet but HIS are slammin ... Dang it now Im hungry Baller Thanks LMBO !! I bet no one argues in here !!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
        Just my own Technic for a dry rub is its gotta have some sweet in it Brown sugar if your making a big jar to store ? They way you do it is good also (Italian dressing) if I was in a hurry. Which in that case just granulated sugar works and for people who like sauce. Ketchup with some honey ,brown sugar and apple cider vinegar touch of mustard powder to give it a kick or red pepper which is a staple in my Rub LOL I LOVE to grill and or smoke anytime of the yr. !! My friend uses Liquid Smoke and does baby back ribs in his oven ,and if you didnt know you would swear it was done in a Tennessee smoke house !! I havent tried it yet but HIS are slammin ... Dang it now Im hungry Baller Thanks LMBO !! I bet no one argues in here !!! lol

I love smoking up the neighborhood Methos. Whenever I'm on a land rig I would fire that pit up and cook for the entire rig. In New Mexico the safety officer told me my ribs were the best he's ever had. That's lol not the 1st time I've ever heard that. When I worked at this Geotechnical Engineering Co we had a cooking team. My ribs came in 3rd and my gumbo 20th out of 100 teams. Not bad huh brother. I've been thinking about starting my own BBQ catering business. I know my ingredients sounds simple but Methos those ribs be finger lickin good to the bone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
          I love smoking up the neighborhood Methos. Whenever I'm on a land rig I would fire that pit up and cook for the entire rig. In New Mexico the safety officer told me my ribs were the best he's ever had. That's lol not the 1st time I've ever heard that. When I worked at this Geotechnical Engineering Co we had a cooking team. My ribs came in 3rd and my gumbo 20th out of 100 teams. Not bad huh brother. I've been thinking about starting my own BBQ catering business. I know my ingredients sounds simple but Methos those ribs be finger lickin good to the bone.
          I wasnt questioning whether they were good bro !! There are very few set rules when its comes to smoking ,grilling or BBQing do it how ya like it !! I do my family Gumbo recipe passed down since the Canadian migration to Louisianan my grandfathers side was part of that group those are the original Cajuns . Its a Chicken, Sausage & Okra gumbo no big secrets except making homemade roux , which is time consuming but worth it lol

Comment

I wasnt questioning whether they were good bro !! There are very few set rules when its comes to smoking ,grilling or BBQing do it how ya like it !! I do my family Gumbo recipe passed down since the Canadian migration to Louisianan my grandfathers side was part of that group those are the original Cajuns . Its a Chicken, Sausage & Okra gumbo no big secrets except making homemade roux , which is time consuming but worth it lol

LOL Methos I know that brother. I was just doing a little bragging that's all. Talking a little smack trying to start up a little competition.

Good deal and you're right on the money. Very time consuming and it is most definitely worth the wait.
            sigpic

Comment

Thats has got to hurt Bro !! I got 2 Sirloins marinating right now . Gonna fire up my little porch Hibachi and get that sear on them in a few hrs . Where you at now ? In the States or somewhere Exotic ?
              Baku, Azerbaijan for the next 4 weeks then 24 hours at home before a little Road trip vacation to Wyoming for a family reunion. I won't be home on a weekend for a long time...

I did BBQ last week and my fire box started falling apart, hence the new pit.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
                Baku, Azerbaijan for the next 4 weeks then 24 hours at home before a little Road trip vacation to Wyoming for a family reunion. I won't be home on a weekend for a long time...

I did BBQ last week and my fire box started falling apart, hence the new pit.
                I guess you wont be breakin her in for a bit then . I will get to travel like you do someday but for now I like my job get paid well and working from home cant be beat IMHO . Hoping to be able to retire in 10 or 12 yrs if we can find the wife a job soon it will be easy to do ! She wants to go to Scotland and I wanna go to coastal Italy down towards the tip Santorini Is a destination for sure ..

Comment

I guess you wont be breakin her in for a bit then . I will get to travel like you do someday but for now I like my job get paid well and working from home cant be beat IMHO . Hoping to be able to retire in 10 or 12 yrs if we can find the wife a job soon it will be easy to do ! She wants to go to Scotland and I wanna go to coastal Italy down towards the tip Santorini Is a destination for sure ..
                  I work from home about 25 weeks a year (love it), put maybe 3K miles a year on my truck. Scotland is pretty, wife and I are doing a trip to Edinburgh and jumping over to Dublin for 3 days too. Have to miss the Chiefs game.

I'll season the pit when I get home Aug 1st, Labor day weekend its on.
                  sigpic

Comment

I forgot to thank you dbrudder this is a great base for making your own rub out of it. Ive used it to make rubs at least 3 or 4 times, with my own modifications of course. But if anyone is looking for a good base to get started on a nice all around rub this is the place to start
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree. I tried it too and it was very good and fairly easy. Thanks DB.
                      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

Thanks guys, its never let me down, I change it up but always a great base to start from.
                        sigpic

Comment

Using your rub again Bruder. And made enough to baste my brisket a couple times while it's smoking.
                          This is such a good rub and makes a great baste as well.
                          Every time I use it, everyone loves my briskets and ribs.
                          Good stuff Bruder.
                          ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamTex View Post
                            Using your rub again Bruder. And made enough to baste my brisket a couple times while it's smoking.
                            This is such a good rub and makes a great baste as well.
                            Every time I use it, everyone loves my briskets and ribs.
                            Good stuff Bruder.
                            Awesome man, I went old school last week and did some ribs on my old weber. Didn't want to haul my smoker where I was at. I'm moving into a new house in a week or so, will be doing much more stuff outside, BBQ being one of them. The team I'm on made the final table at the Montgomery BBQ for ribs and shoulder, but didn't place.

Excited for the season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X