2 tsp paprika
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp mex oregano
    1 tsp sage
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp ground thyme
    1 tsp cloves
    1 tsp allspice
    1 wedge mex chocolate (one section from a disc)

Yes, teaspoons at garlic powder. Rub pork butt and cook with your method. I like to smoke at 225-250 until it reaches 150-160 the wrap until 195, then place in a cooler for an hour.

This recipe is evolving, my next one will have fennel seed and coriander added, and another half tsp of clove and allspice to experiment.

Originally posted by 2throwed281 View Post
    3 tbsp salt
    2 tbsp black pepper
    5 tbsp brown sugar
    2 tbsp white sugar
    2 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp paprika
    2 tsp cumin
    2 tsp mex oregano
    1 tsp sage
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp ground thyme
    1 tsp cloves
    1 tsp allspice
    1 wedge mex chocolate (one section from a disc)

Yes, teaspoons at garlic powder. Rub pork butt and cook with your method. I like to smoke at 225-250 until it reaches 150-160 the wrap until 195, then place in a cooler for an hour.

This recipe is evolving, my next one will have fennel seed and coriander added, and another half tsp of clove and allspice to experiment.

I'm smoking a pork butt and brisket right now to have pulled pork and brisket sandwiches for tomorrow since it's my Sunday. I had my wife prepare this rub and we used it a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by revan View Post
      I'm smoking a pork butt and brisket right now to have pulled pork and brisket sandwiches for tomorrow since it's my Sunday. I had my wife prepare this rub and we used it a while ago.
      Nothing like smoked pig! I smoked a pork butt this past Saturday for pulled pork. Still eating it today!

What do you use for smoke? I smoke mine with pecan. First three hours of smoke. Three hours with just heat and then the last two hours blast it with some more pecan smoke.

Gonna try that rub on my next one, sounds good.
      sigpic

Comment

I always do one extra butt/shoulder, which allows me to freeze 3-4 quart bags and for away games like Sunday just whipped one out and had Pulled pork all day, I mess with my rub all the time. It is always evolving a bit.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by austins23 View Post
          Nothing like smoked pig! I smoked a pork butt this past Saturday for pulled pork. Still eating it today!

What do you use for smoke? I smoke mine with pecan. First three hours of smoke. Three hours with just heat and then the last two hours blast it with some more pecan smoke.

Ive got hickory for the pork and mesquite for the brisket. Man im dying of sleep but its coming out real good.

Originally posted by dbruder44 View Post
          I always do one extra butt/shoulder, which allows me to freeze 3-4 quart bags and for away games like Sunday just whipped one out and had Pulled pork all day, I mess with my rub all the time. It is always evolving a bit.
          Ive used your rub before but my wife has modified a bit at this point. I wish more people would put some more I love trying them out.

Comment

I use white oak, its is a more mellow flavor. A guy that has a BBQ restaurant told me about it. So every time I come back from AZ (we have a cabin in the mountains) I bring home about 30-50 split pieces
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by revan View Post
              Wow, sorry yall. Didn't know yall posted. Was it alright? I have a feeling it's not for everyone.

Originally posted by austins23 View Post

Did you ever try it out?

Comment

Now this is one good rub. Used it today on some pork ribs. It's a home run!
                ~Your Weekly Game Thread Creator~

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

Working...
                X