Home made ice cream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made ice cream

I know this might not be a tailgate option, but anyone who has tried to make unbelievably great home made ice cream may find that not only is it really expensive, but it just isn't that good.

So Here i am. I've done the leg work so that money you spend on the ingredients won't go to waste on a mediocre job.

Here we go. Vanilla Style

Before you start put your ice cream container in the refrigerator and get it good and cold. Put your condensed milk can in the refrigerator and get it good and cold. This makes a huge difference so don't think you can get away without doing it. I know how lazy you guys are. Haha

Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl.

6 eggs beaten slightly
    2 cups of sugar
    teaspoon vanilla - (I use a tablespoon for more vanilla flavor.)
    1 can condensed milk

Stir it up

Helpful hint: Pour a little half and half or heavy cream in the ice cream container because the bowl mixture is heavy and the sugar will stick to bottom and not get mixed up properly without a little layer of cream.

Pour bowl mixture into your ice cream container.

Finish filling container with half and half and heavy cream. About even amounts. If you want really creamy add more heavy cream than half and half.

Simple ingredients eh? That's right you do NOT need whole milk to make excellent ice cream. It just makes it thinner.

Follow the directions of your ice cream maker. Basically add some ice, add some salt add some ice add some salt etc etc until full and let er rip. Keep that ice level topped off.

Once the ice cream motor starts sounding like it is really struggling to rotate, you are almost there. Oh man...home made ice cream. Even better than Blue Bell. When we had the Great Blue Bell Depression of 2015 I was determined to find a fix and this is it. If Blue Bell ever shuts down again...I'll be ready.

Enjoy everybody!
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Here is the salt I use.

Also when I said finish filling container, I meant to say fill it to the fill line. Don't fill it all the way up to the top or you'll have goop spilling out when it starts to expand.

I just started a batch for a family gathering tomorrow.

The condensed milk can is 14 oz.

Hmmmm...I guess that's it.

You can use this as a base to make chocolate or strawberry or whatever. It took us about 2 months of trying or more to perfect the recipe. Usually it wasn't creamy enough...kinda icey and not smooth. Still delicious, but just not as creamy as this recipe makes it turn out. Please add any good ice cream recipe you have tried and tested here. I tried several that I found on the internet that got great reviews, but those people obviously do not have Blue Bell as a standard and just will accept anything that is better than Blue Bunny or Oak Farms because I tried their recipes and it sucked. lol Trust me on this. Save your money and use a tried and true ice cream formula. Of course it costs a fortune, but when Blue Bell shuts down the next time, you'll thank me.

When I was a kid we had an old crank one and me and my brother would take turns cranking it. .....for hours...lol Loving the motor on the one I have now.

Last edited by Yosarian; 07-09-2016, 05:22 PM.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Comment

The entire family was down this weekend and the ice cream was again a big hit. Let me know if anyone gives it a try. It's sure to get rave reviews!!!!
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Ice cream weather coming soon to a town near you. Dig those ice cream makers out and make a batch of goodness.
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
        X