Preferred QB to Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
    I don't want a project when it comes to accuracy. If its a mechanic flaw it can be fixed but HONESTLY you really can NOT teach accuracy. Give me a smart and accurate QB to build around. I do not know what that is in this draft but I am getting to the point that I am NOT seeing anyone in this draft worth a 1st round pick. I am starting to think maybe we fix the line and get another RB so we can pound the rock down everyone's throat and play good team defense. Make sure our K and P are ready and healthy. There is NOT a QB that is better than what we have that will be ready to play this season or NEXT and OB is coaching for his job so this would be the smart decision for him. Trade down round 1 aquire more picks in this draft and fill holes and next draft get our extra picks for losing so much talent to trade up and GRAB a QB next year. Doing it like this is NOT giving up on the season but it does make us play hard nose football. Control the clock play defense
    Wise post....nice to see there is company out there. The Texans could easily go old school in 2017 by drafting OL and a new RB. How would Foreman, Perine or Hill look in a Texans uniform? Also, this years draft is full of defensive talent that could easily fill the holes created by the loss of some starters this off-season.

If the Texans do nothing more than shore up the #1 NFL defense, add a couple of OL and a stout RB....then they have enough weapons for Savage to be effective when he does need to throw in order to keep defenses honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post
      I'm good with either OLB, TJ Watt or Bowser but I'd also be fine with Bolles, Ramczyk or Robinson to be a plug-n-play RT. Robinson and Bowser could easily slide past #25 if the Texans are willing to gamble by trading back to late RD1 or within top 5 picks in RD2 while obtaining the same top 5 pick in RD4. This would give the Texans 3 - RD2 and 3 - RD4 picks plus 1 each in RD3, RD5 and RD7.

I'd still test the waters on a Hopkins trade and if the offer is solid enough (say a RD2, RD4 and a 2018 RD3) then I would make the move only b/c some of the teams areas of need have strong talent available in the draft at those positions. Also, Hopkins new contract money keeps the teams cap space healthy going into 2018. The team may need that space to sign a FA QB, OL, DL or ILB. In all reality, Hopkins is not the glue that keeps this offense together and if he has to play this season on his rookie contract, he's liable to be the acetone that dissolves the little amount of glue that is holding this offense together.

I've got a strong feeling that the Texans could go to the well one more time with the Browns in either scenario. If they trade picks it gives them 3 picks in RD1 and 5 years of control on those players. That could be worth a RD2-1 and RD4-1. Or, they could have a lot of interest in Hopkins who could be paired with Josh Gordon to give them possession and speed at the veteran level....not to mention, the Browns have the cap space to make Hopkins happy financially.

Trade Pick:
      RD2-01
      RD2-25
      RD3-25
      RD4-01
      RD4-25
      RD4-36
      RD5-25
      RD7-25

or

Trade Hopkins:
      RD1-25
      RD2-01 (CLE)
      RD2-25
      RD3-25
      RD4-01 (CLE)
      RD4-25
      RD4-36
      RD5-25
      RD7-25

RD2 **Latest Pick since they have multiple**

This move could land 2 of the following:
      Bolles, Robinson, Ramczyk, Bowser or Watt. That would be a huge start to the draft knowing they still have 7 picks on the board and 6 of them are between RD2 and RD5.
      I'm going to do my final Mock Draft based on the Trade Hopkins scenario above. I believe Cleveland would have a ton of interest in Hopkins, since they would like to cut ties with Gordon, the Texans could probably have a lot of interest in the potential cap savings they would enjoy in 2017 / 2018 by not re-signing Hopkins and the picks they would gain in return. This would ruffle some feathers but the end result could be a great way to start setting the foundation for the future.

To keep the Mods happy...I will post my Final Mock in the proper section. Feedback is welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post

Wise post....nice to see there is company out there. The Texans could easily go old school in 2017 by drafting OL and a new RB. How would Foreman, Perine or Hill look in a Texans uniform? Also, this years draft is full of defensive talent that could easily fill the holes created by the loss of some starters this off-season.

If the Texans do nothing more than shore up the #1 NFL defense, add a couple of OL and a stout RB....then they have enough weapons for Savage to be effective when he does need to throw in order to keep defenses honest.
        I am just tired of trying to get myself to like one of these QB's. Mitch has Mark Sanchez written all over him. Kizer is someone that cracks under pressure. Watson is calm but he also was great in college bec the talent around him. Mahomes scares the crap out of me because he doesnt do things he is supposed to and hold onto the ball way too long. Webb lost his spot at tech to Mahomes... enough said. Peterman lost his spot to Dobbs who can NOT throw a good ball. This draft is deep in everything BUT our two biggest needs. Although we can still get some **** good players to hide our weaknesses.

Comment

Deshaun Watson is not Vince Young 2.0. He took VY's awesome championship performance and win and blew it away vs Alabama, considered one of the best college defenses ever. USC did not have one of those defenses. Watson passes 1st, is not a VY or RG III or Michael Vick-type runner. He could be molded into a Russell Wilson programmed runner, but I don't think O'Brien knows how to do that, even with all his "look at me" gimmick plays.

Comment

Working...
          X