Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict the Texan's Draft Picks Challenge, 2017 win a $25 gift certificate!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Predict the Texan's Draft Picks Challenge, 2017 win a $25 gift certificate!

    Pick any 20 draft prospects at any positions that you think the Texans will select in the 2017 NFL Draft.

    Person with the highest number of matching picks wins. In the case of a tie, the person with the lowest matching draft pick's position wins -- e.g. 6th+5th round picks > 4th+3rd round. If there's still a tie after that, you will be co-champions.

    I will time-stamp this thread to lock in your selections when the Browns are on the clock for the first pick of the first round on April 27th, so get your final board of 20 in before then. If you you two posts of 20 picks, I will only use the most recent one. (So you can edit or repost to make changes up until the start of the draft.

    Winner(s) gets a $25 gift certificate to the Houston Texans Online Store: http://shop.houstontexans.com/

    And gets to display this beautiful custom trophy banner in their signature* and will reign champion until the 2018 NFL Draft commences...
    Please use this format...

    1. Name, position, school
    2. Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.
    11.
    12.
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.
    18.
    19.
    20.


    *winner responsible for hosting the image


    Here's a link to the 2016 contest, where ArkhamKnight92 blew us all out of the water getting 4 (out of 6 total draft picks) correct in his list of 20:

    http://boards.houstontexans.com/foru...cks-challenge/
    Last edited by H2O4me; 04-22-2017, 07:54 PM.
    If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

  • #2
    Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
    Pick any 20 draft prospects at any positions that you think the Texans will select in the 2017 NFL Draft.

    Person with the highest number of matching picks wins. In the case of a tie, the person with the lowest matching draft pick's position wins -- e.g. 6th+5th round picks > 4th+3rd round. If there's still a tie after that, you will be co-champions.

    I will time-stamp this thread to lock in your selections when the Browns are on the clock for the first pick of the first round on April 27th, so get your final board of 20 in before then. If you you two posts of 20 picks, I will only use the most recent one. (So you can edit or repost to make changes up until the start of the draft.

    Winner(s) gets to display this beautiful custom trophy banner in their signature* and will reign champion until the 2018 NFL Draft commences...
    Please use this format...

    1. Name, position, school
    2. Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.
    11.
    12.
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.
    18.
    19.
    20.


    *winner responsible for hosting the image


    Here's a link to the 2016 contest, where ArkhamKnight92 blew us all out of the water getting 4 (out of 6 total draft picks) correct in his list of 20:

    http://boards.houstontexans.com/foru...cks-challenge/
    Cool beans. I remember this from last year - it's a lot of fun.

    Comment


    • #3
      ArkhamKnight won easily last year. I'll give it a go.
      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
      TexansCap.com

      Comment


      • #4
        R1.
        1. Cam Robinson OT Alabama
        2. Patrick Mahomes III QB Texas Tech *
        3. Garrett Bolles OT Utah
        4. Forrest Lamp OG W. Kentucky *
        R2.
        5. Justin Evans. S Texas A&M
        6. Nathan Peterman QB Pitt.*
        7. Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
        R3.
        8.Taylor Moton OL W. Michigan
        9. Desmond King S Iowa
        R4a.
        10. Roderick Johnson OT Florida St.
        11. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
        12. Jeremy McNichols RB Boise St.
        13. Kendall Beckwith ILB LSU
        R4b.
        14. Anthony Walker Jr. LB Northwestern
        15. Will Holden OT Vanderbilt
        16. Colin Buchanan OL Miami(OH)
        17. Davis Webb QB California *
        R5.
        18. Devontae fields OLB Louisville
        R7.
        19. Corey Clement RB Wisconsin *
        20. Marquel Lee LB Wake Forest


        (Underlines denote projected actual picks.)
        (* denotes wish list)
        Last edited by aussiedave; 04-23-2017, 10:53 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
          R1.
          For the contest, only need a list of 20.

          You do not need to pick rounds.

          If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
            ArkhamKnight won easily last year. I'll give it a go.
            And I'm back to defend my title. Lol
            sigpic

            Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              Pick any 20 draft prospects at any positions that you think the Texans will select in the 2017 NFL Draft.

              Person with the highest number of matching picks wins. In the case of a tie, the person with the lowest matching draft pick's position wins -- e.g. 6th+5th round picks > 4th+3rd round. If there's still a tie after that, you will be co-champions.

              I will time-stamp this thread to lock in your selections when the Browns are on the clock for the first pick of the first round on April 27th, so get your final board of 20 in before then. If you you two posts of 20 picks, I will only use the most recent one. (So you can edit or repost to make changes up until the start of the draft.

              Winner(s) gets to display this beautiful custom trophy banner in their signature* and will reign champion until the 2018 NFL Draft commences...
              Please use this format...

              1. Name, position, school
              2. Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M
              3.
              4.
              5.
              6.
              7.
              8.
              9.
              10.
              11.
              12.
              13.
              14.
              15.
              16.
              17.
              18.
              19.
              20.


              *winner responsible for hosting the image


              Here's a link to the 2016 contest, where ArkhamKnight92 blew us all out of the water getting 4 (out of 6 total draft picks) correct in his list of 20:

              http://boards.houstontexans.com/foru...cks-challenge/
              Will I need to change my signature even though it says 2016? Or can I keep it? Kind of like hanging a playoff or super bowl banner? But if we wanna just have one signature at a time then that's cool too.
              sigpic

              Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post
                Will I need to change my signature even though it says 2016? Or can I keep it?
                Nope, keep it.

                You are and always will be the 2016 CHAMPION...

                And you've set a bar that isn't likely to be surpassed, imo.
                If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

                  Nope, keep it.

                  You are and always will be the 2016 CHAMPION...

                  And you've set a bar that isn't likely to be surpassed, imo.
                  My goal is to get even better and keep setting the bar.
                  I would've had one more last year if we counted undrafted free agents. I hit on Stephen Anderson too. Lol
                  sigpic

                  Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can I just copy arkhamknight's picks?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

                      For the contest, only need a list of 20.

                      You do not need to pick rounds.
                      Just showing off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CW texansfan View Post
                        Can I just copy arkhamknight's picks?
                        Hmmm... good point.

                        I think we'll have to add a rule that if 2 lists contain the same 20 prospects, the earlier post wins.

                        Originally posted by aussiedave View Post

                        Just showing off.
                        Cool, just wanted to make sure others understood they only need a random list of 20 prospects.
                        If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

                          Hmmm... good point.

                          I think we'll have to add a rule that if 2 lists contain the same 20 prospects, the earlier post wins.



                          Cool, just wanted to make sure others understood they only need a random list of 20 prospects.
                          Man... I was gonna take my time. See if the Texans signed any more free agents! >_<
                          sigpic

                          Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I"m going to give this a whirl....with no trades! Unless you guys want to add a bonus, like predicting if the Texans trade up or down in the draft and what round it could happen.
                            Last edited by Optimistic; 04-07-2017, 01:44 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'll try my hand at this next week. The next 3 days i'll be working all night and all day.

                              This was fun last year so I will definitely play again this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X