RB for short yardage and rest for Miller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

I would prefer to ignore RB this draft and get Nick Chubb next season. If his knee holds up, game on.
    I like the idea of Nick Chubb also but he would be the target of many teams and the chances of getting him are slim.
    You have to dip into the deep pool on offer in this years draft jic.
    1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

This is a great draft to reload the RB position. Guys who would be 4-7th round picks will be UDFAs because you have so many good players and not enough teams in need of a RB for them to be drafted.

I have seen many scouts list guys I think are 3rd round players to go in the late 4th to 6th. That's crazy but I do see why. I recently bought 3 of the NFL draft preview magazines (always interesting to see the "predictions and good and bad). However, looking at RB you have say 4-5 guys and after that it's almost a situation of do you want fast or slow? Power or Finesse? And so on, most in the pre draft magazines are graded this year on stats in school after the top 4-5 it seems. Most years that's 1/2 the picture and the other is skill set and IQ. It has so many RBs they seem to have just ranked them like this #6 1012yrds 6 TDs #7 1011yrds 6TDs because they are all decent or good just not as good as save LF.

JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

I think if the Texans had any interest in Perine (OK), they'd have tot ale him in RD3. If it's Hill (WY), they could possibly get him in RD4. On top of one of these 2 RB's, I'm with Matt_in_KW, in regards to the depth of talent in this years draft. The Texans should be able to sign at least 2 more UDFA RB's to bring to camp this season. Miller will be here but Blue, Ervin, etc may have a tough time keeping their roster spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic View Post
          I think if the Texans had any interest in Perine (OK), they'd have tot ale him in RD3. If it's Hill (WY), they could possibly get him in RD4. On top of one of these 2 RB's, I'm with Matt_in_KW, in regards to the depth of talent in this years draft. The Texans should be able to sign at least 2 more UDFA RB's to bring to camp this season. Miller will be here but Blue, Ervin, etc may have a tough time keeping their roster spots.
          I like Blue the person from what I have seen and heard. But as a player with his size, he is soft. I think be it draft or UDFA if we get a RB similar to Blue in size and he plays to his size...Blue probably won't make the 53 man roster.
          JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Working...
          X