Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Onta Foreman: Running Forward

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/85665...eason-52464851

If the Texans pick an O-lineman with their 1st pick, I definitely want him in the 2nd or 3rd.....especially knowing this. WOW!

Thats a hard watch.. But you cant doubt his effort and dedication. Hes a warrior man.
    sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

Yeah, if he's available in the 2nd or 3rd I hope Houston drafts him. His thunder would compliment Miller's lightening and then Savage wouldn't have to throw more than 20-25 times a game.

Comment

he would def be a nice addition but I doubt he makes it to the 3rd round...what a duo he and miller would make though...that would be a formidable back field

Comment

Originally posted by Sprtsfanatic View Post
          he would def be a nice addition but I doubt he makes it to the 3rd round...what a duo he and miller would make though...that would be a formidable back field
          Yeah, you're probably right. I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be gone before the Texans can get him in the 2nd.....unless they can move up by swapping 2nd rd picks and trade a player that has some value.....like Blue or Griffin (or both???).

Comment

Originally posted by BayouBull View Post

Yeah, you're probably right. I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be gone before the Texans can get him in the 2nd.....unless they can move up by swapping 2nd rd picks and trade a player that has some value.....like Blue or Griffin (or both???).
            With our glaring needs on the Oline and at the QB position, if we draft anything other than those 2 in the first 2 rounds I will be SHOCKED and there is no way he makes it to the 3rd round...but even then we are thin at LB, CB, and S...so I dont foresee us drafting a running back...especially considering the love this franchise has for Blue and that other worthless back that we wont cut (not grimes)

Comment

Originally posted by Sprtsfanatic View Post

With our glaring needs on the Oline and at the QB position, if we draft anything other than those 2 in the first 2 rounds I will be SHOCKED and there is no way he makes it to the 3rd round...but even then we are thin at LB, CB, and S...so I dont foresee us drafting a running back...especially considering the love this franchise has for Blue and that other worthless back that we wont cut (not grimes)
              I do think the need at O-line is glaring; however, I'm not convinced that Houston "needs" to draft a QB in the first 3 rds. I think it's possible that Houston can get an O-line in the 1st; Foreman in the 2nd, with or without moves (as discussed); O-line in the 3rd; QB in the 4th; S, CB, and LB in the later rds.......LM + DF with solid run blocking will alleviate most of the woes on offense.

Comment

We have NO RG or RT...our right side of the line was basically a turnstile into our Qb's lap. Newton is done (and wasnt even good when he was starting) and all the others trying to fill in were swing tackles that couldnt make the cut either...I dont think we have anyone to play the right side of the line except for Kendall Lamm...with Martin coming back we could move Mancz to guard and hope that works...but who else is there?? Another RB is not a glaring hole or need compared to other positions starting with the Right side of the line, then LB, and S...and yes I realize this is a deep draft for defense but how long do you want to wait to try to get starter talent??

Comment

We got him in the third and haven't gotten additions on the OL. The brain trust may not think those OL rated as third rounders are different than those rated fourth rounders and are planning to supplement the IR returnees there.

As for D'onte, he has an athletes mind. That's the only explanation for his being able to play. I unfortunately know how losing a young son affected me and I struggled to breath, much less move with athletic ability.

But I'm familiar with the numbness that comes with the shock of learning the worst news you can't possibly imagine. That's actually a gift to get you through what would otherwise be unbearable.
                  https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                    We got him in the third and haven't gotten additions on the OL. The brain trust may not think those OL rated as third rounders are different than those rated fourth rounders and are planning to supplement the IR returnees there.

As for D'onte, he has an athletes mind. That's the only explanation for his being able to play. I unfortunately know how losing a young son affected me and I struggled to breath, much less move with athletic ability.

But I'm familiar with the numbness that comes with the shock of learning the worst news you can't possibly imagine. That's actually a gift to get you through what would otherwise be unbearable.
                    Much love to you Marshall. A very close family thats been friends of ours for years lost their son and a few years later their daughter. It was tragic and i watched them grieve both times. If you want to get together and have a beer just holler man. I had a little thing in houston last year and invited people from the forum to chill and talk texans. Im always up for hanging with my brothers from the bullpen. Especially if they need it. Im very sorry for your loss. If theres anything you need you can PM me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

Much love to you Marshall. A very close family thats been friends of ours for years lost their son and a few years later their daughter. It was tragic and i watched them grieve both times. If you want to get together and have a beer just holler man. I had a little thing in houston last year and invited people from the forum to chill and talk texans. Im always up for hanging with my brothers from the bullpen. Especially if they need it. Im very sorry for your loss. If theres anything you need you can PM me.
                      Thanks. Just let me know if you have another get together and I'll come in from Orange.

Comment

I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss Marshall. I too am familiar with using numbness as a coping mechanism; but in my experience, grieving has been just as important as coping. You and your family are in my prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouBull View Post
                          I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss Marshall. I too am familiar with using numbness as a coping mechanism; but in my experience, grieving has been just as important as coping. You and your family are in my prayers.
                          I'm coming up on the 20 years since my second son died, so it's not recent. But it never leaves. He did have a Great Football name though. Paul Bryant. And he was truly gifted intellectually. He was more likely to have been a Chess Grandmaster than a football player.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

Thanks. Just let me know if you have another get together and I'll come in from Orange.
                            Haha Im in Silsbee lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X