Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay Cutler

    http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...exans-51583185

    Wow, someone actually wants to play for us..LOL Jk.

    All jokes aside, I would love to have Cutler here. He would be in a perfect position here with us. Here's what I would do.

    Sign Cutler, to a incentive laden deal. He's made his money, he's not going to play for free, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a deal like we gave Fitzpatrick, however it would be loaded with bonuses. And All of it guaranteed. From there, I would go OL round 1. Mahomes round 2. I would still try to find a trade partner for JJo (Pats, maybe in a garoppolo deal) in order to free up space to sign Bouye.

  • #2
    Jay Cutler Wants to Sign With the Texans

    By Charlie Campbell/WalterFootball
    With free agency fast approaching, time is running out for the Chicago Bears to trade veteran quarterback Jay Cutler. The Bears let be known they were shopping Cutler, and throughout the league, no one thought Chicago would get anything for Cutler. Thus, Cutler is likely to be released and has a favorite spot for where he would like to play next. Multiple sources tell WalterFootball.com that Cutler wants to sign with the Houston Texans.

    Cutler likes the situation in Houston with a No. 1 receiver in DeAndre Hopkins, a fast secondary receiver in Will Fuller, the eighth-ranked rushing offense led by Lamar Miller, and the No. 1 defense in the NFL. While Cutler has had issues with interceptions in his career, many around the league believe he would be an upgrade over Texans' 2016 starter Brock Osweiler, who struggled with interceptions and a lack of accuracy last year. Cutler would bring more accuracy and experience to the position with the arm to push the ball vertically to Hopkins and Fuller. Via safety K.J. Dillon, Houston's training staff also has experience working with players who are type-1 diabetics like Cutler.

    The Texans are expected to make a run at Tony Romo, and if Romo signs elsewhere, Houston could consider Cutler. The big issue to getting a deal down could be money, as Houston would probably only be willing to pay Cutler backup money after being on the hook to pay Osweiler a large salary in 2017. It remains to be seen if Cutler is willing to play for backup-quarterback level of compensation. At this stage of Cutler's career with a less-than-stellar reputation around the league with a propensity to throw interceptions, backup quarterback money is all that Cutler will probably be offered in free agency.

    Continuing a recent and unprecedented trend of players wanting/seeking to play for Texans.

    Not that you necessarily want Cutler, but this was pretty much never the case before.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
      Jay Cutler Wants to Sign With the Texans

      By Charlie Campbell/WalterFootball



      Continuing a recent and unprecedented trend of players wanting/seeking to play for Texans.

      Not that you necessarily want Cutler, but this was pretty much never the case before.

      I would take Cutler over Romo every day and twice on Sundays. He is not an injury worry, and OB would not let him do his pouting and stuff. So you would get a QB who is doing 1 thing and that's playing football. And a change of location may be a good thing for him. He also has been deep into the playoffs and in a SB. His only issue is the pouting stuff and I don't think he would do it with OB as his HC. He is way too strict for that.

      Side note: A rumor popped up with out naming a source that Jimmy G is not going anywhere. True Hoodie is a great mind game player but with Brady saying 3-5 more years they may have decided to keep him as the heir to TB12.
      JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

      Comment


      • #4
        While Cutler is not the qb of anyone's dreams, this might be the best option if the money is right.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post


          I would take Cutler over Romo every day and twice on Sundays. He is not an injury worry, and OB would not let him do his pouting and stuff. So you would get a QB who is doing 1 thing and that's playing football. And a change of location may be a good thing for him. He also has been deep into the playoffs and in a SB. His only issue is the pouting stuff and I don't think he would do it with OB as his HC. He is way too strict for that.

          Side note: A rumor popped up with out naming a source that Jimmy G is not going anywhere. True Hoodie is a great mind game player but with Brady saying 3-5 more years they may have decided to keep him as the heir to TB12.
          He's never played in the Super Bowl, you must be talking about Rex Grossman

          Comment


          • #6
            No No NO!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 281Texan View Post
              http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...exans-51583185

              Wow, someone actually wants to play for us..LOL Jk.

              All jokes aside, I would love to have Cutler here. He would be in a perfect position here with us. Here's what I would do.

              Sign Cutler, to a incentive laden deal. He's made his money, he's not going to play for free, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a deal like we gave Fitzpatrick, however it would be loaded with bonuses. And All of it guaranteed. From there, I would go OL round 1. Mahomes round 2. I would still try to find a trade partner for JJo (Pats, maybe in a garoppolo deal) in order to free up space to sign Bouye.
              At first, I was against it too but after learning why he has had attitude problems, I would be prepared to give him a shot. But, at the right price.
              He would be an upgrade over anything we have now.
              1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                At first, I was against it too but after learning why he has had attitude problems, I would be prepared to give him a shot. But, at the right price.
                He would be an upgrade over anything we have now.
                If we could find a way to trade Brock to somebody like San Fran or Cleveland that would be all I need to be full go on it. I'm aware of the attitude problems. But I'd be pissed too if I was him honestly. Trade Brandon Marshall for nothing, letting Alshon walk, team in disarray.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 281Texan View Post

                  If we could find a way to trade Brock to somebody like San Fran or Cleveland that would be all I need to be full go on it. I'm aware of the attitude problems. But I'd be pissed too if I was him honestly. Trade Brandon Marshall for nothing, letting Alshon walk, team in disarray.
                  Did you hear about his onset diabetes? He had problems adjusting and managing it but seems to be getting on top of it.
                  What makes me slightly leary is the fact that Chicago still decided it was time to part ways.
                  1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well really Chicago was sick of having him. He is a great QB but heard he was a pain in the rear.
                    [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                      Well really Chicago was sick of having him. He is a great QB but heard he was a pain in the rear.

                      Not "is".......... "was"

                      Jay through time or through concussions has become inaccurate AND RECKLESS with the football.
                      THE Anti troll

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Greg Rajan @GregRajan
                        Odds on free-agent QB Jay Cutler to #Texans via @BettingDime

                        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I hope not, Cutler is not Texan material, I personally don't want Cutler or Romo, unless we got either one cheaply.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If fans booed a very nice, smiling bad QB in Osweiler, they'd REALLY hate a dour, pouty bad QB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tko54321 View Post
                              If fans booed a very nice, smiling bad QB in Osweiler, they'd REALLY hate a dour, pouty bad QB.
                              He was struggling with diabetes. See my post #5 for more details. I don't think the fans will care if he makes them forget Brock.
                              1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X