This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by methos838 View Post
    I think letting Bergstrom go is a bad decision ! Mancz and Martin are both gonna play but C , G & T are both areas of need TB is still young enough to be depth if not a G or a better then Allen RT maybe . Martin is coming off an Injury so no Guarantees with him . If TB salary was a bit to much RS is good at restructuring so would have liked to kept him . Our inactivity and release of 4 starters is a bit Alarming !! Is RS trying to make it as hard as possible on OB maybe ?? We have learned how he wanted Lovie Smith to come in as our HC and really mess things up ? Thats how I see it anyway trying to hire a Black HC to even the disparity out some maybe ?? RS whole job with the Texans is a perplexing mystery IMO .. Brian Gaine should have been the GM since OB's second season imho ....
    Well I agree and disagree with you on Bergstrom. Yes, we need OL help and then some. From that point of view I agree. However, while Smith makes the personal choices, he was here last year and the coaching staff never even used him. So, I guess he was pretty much awful seeing the coaches didn't use him at all. From that point of view I disagree only seeing the staff didn't think he was worth using.

As for a different GM, no question that OB should have had either 1- a different GM 2- McNair should have made Smith work with OB. Because so far it seems Smith (didn't want OB to start) is far from asking OB about what is needed or what he wants. It almost seems that Smith picks players he likes based on what he thinks is an area of need. That also explains how Brock got signed and OB had never met or spoken to him till after he was signed. Smith must have talked up McNair about him and then got the "OK" to sign him and dropped him in OBs lap. You can find multiple reports on that from trusted NFL sources. 1-2 stories don't make it fact, but around 100+ means you probably have a true story just altered some per writer/source/reporter.

Who is Brian Gaine:

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
    I would be interested in a new GM at this point and honestly I know nothing about Gaine so I am hoping people could explain what it is we like about him because I also knew everyone liked Mike (Jets current GM). So any info on this Brian Gaine would help me understand why we like him so much.
    https://www.google.com/amp/houston.c...rs-gm-job/amp/

That should help fill in who Brian Gaine is.
    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Yeah as the SF is trying to rebuild. In the wake of the Chip Kelly Travis Baalke fiasco.
      [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

Tryout...

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
        Former Bills safety Aaron Williams to visit the Texans on Thursday, according to sources. Former Longhorn standout healthy now, per source.
        In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
          We need him bad. Been waiting for this move

Comment

Originally posted by 281Texan View Post
            We need him bad. Been waiting for this move
            2015 and 2016 seasons ended with "neck" injuries. I suspect we're talking about the spine and/or concussions.

I'm gonna ask Doc, but would be surprised if he has a positive outlook him.
            In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

2015 and 2016 seasons ended with "neck" injuries. I suspect we're talking about the spine and/or concussions.

I'm gonna ask Doc, but would be surprised if he has a positive outlook him.
              I remember the crackback block Jarvis Landry had on him last year caused the second one. At this point, he's a solid guy to take a chance on at this point. Would be cheap and would be a huge upgrade not only to what we had last year, but especially to what we have this year.

Comment

patrick @PatDStat
                Safety Jaiquawn Jarrett is here on a tryout with the #Texans for mandatory mini-camp. Played for the Eagles and Jets.
                Drafted 54th overall in 2011 by Eagles.

Combine/ Pro Day Results
                Combine Invite: Yes
                Height: 5117
                Weight: 198
                40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
                20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
                10 Yrd Dash: 1.58
                225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
                Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
                Broad Jump: 09'05"
                20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.14
                3-Cone Drill: 6.95

Comment

patrick @PatDStat

Drafted 54th overall in 2011 by Eagles.

Combine/ Pro Day Results
                  Overview

Jarrett is a very productive collegiate safety, but he may lack the size and speed to make an impact at the next level. He is a four-year starter that seeks out contact in run support and breaks down ball carriers in the open field. In the passing game, he uses very good recognition skills to effectively cover the deep-third of the field despite less than ideal speed. It remains unclear if his toughness and instinctual advantages can make up for his size and speed deficiencies in the NFL, but he has a great attitude and work ethic and should be a middle round pick.

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                    No immediate deals for safeties Aaron Williams, Jaiquawn Jarrett with Texans chron.com/sports/texans/

Comment

Well at least not yet over on the deals.
                      [COLOR="Purple"]July is Here!

Comment

Working...
                      X