This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug reports

The site upgrade is officially complete. Please post about any bugs you may find here. Please use this thread strictly for reporting bugs. If you have multiple bugs to report make a new post for each one so that I can delete them as they are fixed.

Thanks

I'll start it off I guess. I heard someone say that when they
    1.)log in
    2.) Select 'REMEMBER ME" box
    3.) close browser.
    4.) Go back to site.
    5.) The site does NOT remember you. You have to log in again. The remember me cookie is not working in Google Chrome. Not sure what the other guy was using. I do not think this is a browser setting issue but I suppose it could be. I do not remember who first reported it or what browser they were using. Maybe they will see this and chime in their experience with the remember me not remembering you issue. I tested in Chrome Version 52 and it is issue for me.
    Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
    TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
      1.)log in
      3.) close browser.
      4.) Go back to site.
      5.) The site does NOT remember you. You have to log in again. The remember me cookie is not working in Google Chrome. Not sure what the other guy was using. I do not think this is a browser setting issue but I suppose it could be. I do not remember who first reported it or what browser they were using. Maybe they will see this and chime in their experience with the remember me not remembering you issue. I tested in Chrome and it is issue for me.
      No problems with Firefox .

Comment

I'd like my rep level to be reset to zero just like everybody else started at, if we are not testing this feature anymore. This should be an easy one to fix maybe.?
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by moderator1 View Post

No problems with Firefox .

It must be a browser setting then, I would guess. I'll see what I can do to remedy it. Or it may be a browser specific issue. Thanks, I'll report back what I find out.

I quit using Firefox because it got pretty buggy there for a while.

Okay here is my update.
          Google>>Settings>>Show Advanced Settings>>UNDER THE PRIVACY TAB>>Content Settings>>Be sure under cookies you have the 'Allow local data to be set' checked. IF you want to use the remember me feature. Worked when I changed that setting. Didn't work with my keep data until quit your browser setting. I just like that one better and will use it.

But for people where this is not working but want it to be working...., find teh cookie setting in your browser and be sure to allow the set cookie to stay. So I guess this is a non issue to me unless the original guy can prove another browser does not work.
          Last edited by Yosarian; 09-03-2016, 10:07 PM.
          TexansCap.com

Comment

1.)log in
            3.) close browser.
            4.) Go back to site.
            5.) The site does NOT remember you. You have to log in again. The remember me cookie is not working in Google Chrome. Not sure what the other guy was using. I do not think this is a browser setting issue but I suppose it could be. I do not remember who first reported it or what browser they were using. Maybe they will see this and chime in their experience with the remember me not remembering you issue. I tested in Chrome Version 52 and it is issue for me.
            I'm not having the specific problem with login that Yos refers to here, but I login in and have this tab and one or two others open and I'm going back and forth between tabs, it drops my login and I have to login again.

Comment

Need a multi-quote button please.
              Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Mobile is a mess...

Inconsistent spacing, stacked vs. in-line links, missing frames/graphics, partial page loads often:

Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

On iPad just now...

Comment

Mobile image tables getting cross-pollinated-- smileys, avatars, background images mixed up.

Jamtex's avatar is background here, my avatar switched to smiley face. Changes randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by bayoudreamn View Post

I'm not having the specific problem with login that Yos refers to here, but I login in and have this tab and one or two others open and I'm going back and forth between tabs, it drops my login and I have to login again.
                      Can you give me a step by step to recreate this? I'm not able to duplicate problem.
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

Can you give me a step by step to recreate this? I'm not able to duplicate problem.
                        It hasn't done it again, Yos. It was doing that day and maybe the day before, but since then it's not dropping me. If I see it again, I'll post here but also pm you with a step by step.

Comment

Originally posted by bayoudreamn View Post

It hasn't done it again, Yos. It was doing that day and maybe the day before, but since then it's not dropping me. If I see it again, I'll post here but also pm you with a step by step.
                          Okay that will work.
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

Is anyone having any issues not reported in this thread yet, speak up now and it will be looked into in the upcoming weeks.

This is what I have so far

THE BIG (maybe) LIST

1.) Texans Smileys not working.
                            2.) No Multi quote button. -PROBLEM SOLVED
                            3.)Todays Posts page does not say what category the posts are in. Compare it to the Latest Activity page. The latest Activity page says XXX thread "IN BULL PEN" or whereever. I'd like to see the category displayed with the Todays Post page too.
                            4.) Site is butt ugly to look at.
                            5.)Top Links (Register FAQ etc) get squished together if browser window is not wide enough.
                            6.) Full pagination not available at top of page like there is at bottom of page.

MOBILE big list
                            1.)Quote box is not a fixed width causing varying spacing issues depending on widths of quoted material.
                            2.)Partial Page loads
                            3.)Members avatars are often chopped off, sometimes they are the repeated X and Y background for a page.
                            4,) Sometimes a post will extend to the right of screen ignoring the width it is supposed to contain it causing it to overlap the right sidebar. This causes the post number to align at the right
                            and also the like button area is also affected and pushed to the right.
                            5.) Sometimes avatars, smileys, and background images interchange for no reason. Maybe an avatar becomes the background for example. Or a smiley will become a members avatar.
                            Last edited by Yosarian; 09-08-2016, 01:05 AM.
                            TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                              Need a multi-quote button please.
                              Click Quote in each post, then in the floating bar at the top, on the left, the "Post Reply" button should show the number of multi-quotes. Press this button and it should drop the quotes into the reply box.
                              TexansCap.com

Comment

Working...
                              X