Vince Wilfork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Wilfork

Watching yesterday's game at Indianapolis I liked how he was on the field trying to pump up the offense and skipped off the field. Did you also notice he was the one that broke through and hit Luck on the last Indy possession. I best Luck was scared as *****, I know I would be after watching the replay multiple times. I was excited to see this guy play, and kuddos to the whole team. Everyone played great and was the best game of the season to watch thus far.

Vince was a beast, may be his best game for us.

And he's nicely mentoring some of the young guys, too.

"Vince is a dog, man," Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said. "He's hard to stop when he gets them feet turning. You got to get them going first. When he gets them turning, man, ain't nobody getting in the way to stop him. He made a big play."

Wilfork, 34, finished with two tackles and two quarterback hits.

"Vince, he has played a long time and he knew what type of game this was going to be and what type of game he needed to play," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "It looked like him and the rest of the defense played that type of game."
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

So we got a leader, nice!!!
      THE Anti troll

Comment

Just watching him flatten Luck on the last play was worth it. I know that left a bruise.
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
          Vince Wilfork says he'll seriously consider retiring after the season and Duane Brown says Vince belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He does.

And we'll need another DT, now.
          Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
            Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26

He does.

And we'll need another DT, now.
            Just what we need. Another Brett Favre annual retirement story. I hope he plays a while longer, but I haven't played NT in the NFL for 13 seasons either. That's got to be hard on a body.

But a season with a healthy Watt, Clowney, and Reader may make one more season doable.
            Last edited by Marshall; 01-03-2017, 09:10 PM.
            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL
              .@wilfork75 on retirement: Right now I am not retired. I'm not saying I'm retired. It's something I want to make sure I'm 100% certain about
              Sounds like he's fishing for non-Texan's offers...?

Comment

Possible. Would be a bummer, if true.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
                  Possible. Would be a bummer, if true.
                  May be holding off to stay relevant with his Kingsford commercials tour...?

Vince Wilfork grilled about retirement, ribs on morning TV tour

TexansWire
                  Vince Wilfork is noted for being really good at two things. The Houston Texans nose tackle was one of the NFL’s best interior defenders for years, and he loves to eat.

Wilfork put those hands together as he toured the morning sports television shows. The veteran, who has strongly hinted at retirement, was on both ESPN’s Sportscenter and NFL Network’s Good Moning Football.

He did answer questions about his playing status. Despite what sure seemed like a farewell address following the Texans’ playoff loss to New England, the 35-year-old has yet to formally retire. And based on his comments on the NFL Network, the door is still open for a return.

“Right now I just want to make sure whatever decision I make I am 100 percent confident in. Right now the only thing I am doing is enjoying the offseason like I normally do any other years. I am just taking my time with everything because I want to make the right decision.”

He also got down to cooking. More specifically, he showed off his grilling prowess.
                  This is great. WATCH: All The Rib Moves with Vince WIlfork https://t.co/drgRuAahUS pic.twitter.com/79XSZRZSh3

— Jaime E. Galvan (@jgalvanpress) May 17, 2017
                  If and when Wilfork finally does retire, he has a definite future with some sort of culinary show. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to find some ribs…

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                    SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL

Sounds like he's fishing for non-Texan's offers...?
                    Saw a couple articles on FanSided and Torro Times that some feel he wanted to play for OB but some contract thing is making it hard for him to return. Not sure if it is 100% or not but could be with age and with another guy who played DT some last year playing well that the FO asked for a pay cut or something.
                    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

But he is old though............ I doubt he has anything left in tank. Its tough cause he is one in recent memory that a FA lived up to his contract as a texan. Usually people just use us.
                      THE Anti troll

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
                        Saw a couple articles on FanSided and Torro Times that some feel he wanted to play for OB but some contract thing is making it hard for him to return...
                        Might be he sees all of that $28 million in cap space sitting there and wants more? I don't know, yet.

Comment

Folks who don't want Watson to sit on the bench behind Savage shouldn't want Reader to sit behind Wilfork. Great guy, love the "Swamp People" shirtless overalls, but it's Reader time.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
                            Folks who don't want Watson to sit on the bench behind Savage shouldn't want Reader to sit behind Wilfork. Great guy, love the "Swamp People" shirtless overalls, but it's Reader time.
                            To be honest.. I tend to watch the guys on the edge more than anything when the defense is on the field.. But i got very interested last year when the Texans put Covington and Reader beside each other in a 4-3. They got pretty good pressure and reader was instrumental getting into the backfield. I think he was more disruptive than big Vince. So im looking forward to a full year of him. There are a few big guys ive liked throughout the years, Casey Hampton, Big Vince.. And now im hopeful for what reader can do.. Not to mention Watkins coming off the bench to help.. That guy plays like a kid at lunch recess. He looks happy to destroy blocks. Lol
                            sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

Working...
                            X