No announcement yet.

Duane Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in some kind of time warp? I see a dateline for tomorrow. Or am I caught in the past?
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

I'm just happy I can get to TexansCap and see some of Troy's stuff now.. It's been blocked at work for the last few years. I wish he'd come back to the boards -- always had great insight.

Comment

Does that say that he has until 3pm sept 7th to report or am i reading that wrong?
        Brian Cushing... "The enlarged heart and soul of the defense..." Bring on the apologists...

Comment

Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post

Does that say that he has until 3pm sept 7th to report or am i reading that wrong?
          I no longer think it matters.

https://youtu.be/Msmnb676RxI
          https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
            I no longer think it matters.

https://youtu.be/Msmnb676RxI
            The texans wont cut him, Either he comes in by that sept 7 deadline or he will wait until week 9 or whenever it counts as a contract year. Only he really knows tho.
            Brian Cushing... "The enlarged heart and soul of the defense..." Bring on the apologists...

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              Lance Zierlein said Duane and his wife have moved to Los Angeles and that he's heard that Duane just may not want to play for these guys anymore. Said he could also sit out until week 9, which I don't get why.
              Duane Brown willing to hold out half the year

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Texans LT Duane Brown is willing to hold out half the season.

La Canfora says, barring a new deal, Brown will not report to the team until after the Week 7 bye "at the earliest." This may just be public posturing from his negotiating team with the Texans still unwilling to come to the table, but it makes sense for Brown to take the hold out all the way at this point. Brown needs to spend at least eight games on the active roster to prevent his contract from tolling.
              Source: CBS Sports
              Sep 17 - 9:00 AM
              If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by OG 2002 View Post
                Duane Brown is the man, pay him(more).
                David Carr @DCarr8·Sep 10
                Pay Duane Brown.

That is all.

Comment

Which teams, if any, are in need of a left tackle ?
                  "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                  Voltaire

Comment

Captain Obvious says....THE TEXANS! Convert some of his current deal to real guaranteed money. THAT IS NOT COSTING YOU MORE..
                    1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

• I'm no mind reader by any stretch but I just believe that he doesn't want to play for the Texans anymore. I think Duane is more interested in political statements these days than football.

Comment

• Originally posted by hasbeen View Post
                        Which teams, if any, are in need of a left tackle ?
                        Texans.

And a RT.

And a RG.

And a...

Comment

• Let me make something up that might explain the discord. I wonder if at the end of the season Bob McNair told Duane to stop with the political gestures and irked Brown enough to want to play elsewhere. It can't just be about the dollars anymore. He will lose a ton of money if he waits to game 9.
                          1. Kelly, C, 2. Henry TE, 3. Shepard WR, 4. Ward DE, 5. Burns, CB, 6. Martinez ILB 7. Hall CB

Comment

• Originally posted by TexSid View Post
                            Let me make something up that might explain the discord. I wonder if at the end of the season Bob McNair told Duane to stop with the political gestures and irked Brown enough to want to play elsewhere. It can't just be about the dollars anymore. He will lose a ton of money if he waits to game 9.
                            This is a very possible scenario !
                            "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                            Voltaire

Comment

• If they are not going to renegotiate, then it definitely makes sense to trade Duane. It may make sense regardless of the pay if the real point is that he doesn’t want to play here. If that is the case, which im hopeful it is not, then he is not a top all time Texan in my book.

Hooefully it is only about money because I can at least understand that.

Comment

• Brown comes across as a very professional and serious man to me. At this stage of his career, I would think money doesn't hold a candle to principle. The fact that he has moved his family to LA, leads me to presume that, whatever his issue, he does not plan remain in Houston.
                                Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X