X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans Roster/Roster Moves -- 2017

A topic for 2017 offseason roster moves,

And 2017 season roster moves.
    Last edited by H2O4me; 03-11-2017, 05:58 PM.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Houston Texans @HoustonTexans
    #Texans have signed punter Cory Carter to a futures contract.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
      Houston Texans @HoustonTexans
      Did something happen to Lechler?
      https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post

Did something happen to Lechler?
        No, it's a futures signing.

We always bring in a camp punter to reduce his reps.

Comment

patrick @PatDStat
          #Texans have signed these players to futures contracts...

TE RaShaun Allen
          DT Brandon Dunn
          RB Kenny Hilliard
          WR Tevin Jones
          OLB Eric Lee
          ILB Shakeel Rashad
          OG Chad Slade

Comment

Texans Waive LB Gerald Rivers With Failed Physical Designation

The Houston Texans officially waived LB Gerald Rivers on Thursday with a failed physical designation.

Rivers, 26, originally signed on with the Rams as an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi back in 2013. Since then, Rivers has played for a number of teams including the Jaguars, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants and Rams before the Texans signed him to their practice squad towards the end of the 2015 season.

Rivers stands to make a base salary of $540,000 for the 2017 season.

Rivers hasn’t appeared in an NFL game since the 2013 season when he was playing for the Jaguars.

Comment

Is the Bergstrom thing a reality or still in the works?
              Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
              TexansCap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
                Is the Bergstrom thing a reality or still in the works?
                It's done, posted in his thread...

Texans cutting lineman Tony Bergstrom

The Texans are cutting veteran offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly.

A former Oakland Raiders lineman, Bergstrom signed a two-year, $5.75 million contract last spring.

He played sparingly last season as Greg Mancz stepped in as the starting center when second-round draft pick Nick Martin was lost for the season with an ankle injury that required surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by h2o4me View Post

it's done, posted in his thread...

texans cutting lineman tony bergstrom
                  ok. Thanks!
                  Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                  TexansCap.com

Comment

I didn't know where to post this but since we need a SS should the Texans be calling the Jets and inquiring about Calvin Pryor??? I mean he is a former 1st round pick that played on a defense that doesn't generate the kind of pass rush that we do. Think about it we took a street FA in Demps and our pass rush earned him easy INT's to get him a 3 yr 21 mil deal with Chicago. What could Pryor do if he was on this defense??? Just a thought and I wanted to know what this forum thought about this possibility

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                      I didn't know where to post this but since we need a SS should the Texans be calling the Jets and inquiring about Calvin Pryor??? I mean he is a former 1st round pick that played on a defense that doesn't generate the kind of pass rush that we do. Think about it we took a street FA in Demps and our pass rush earned him easy INT's to get him a 3 yr 21 mil deal with Chicago. What could Pryor do if he was on this defense??? Just a thought and I wanted to know what this forum thought about this possibility
                      I expect us to pick up a safety at some point. Not sure he is the answer but who knows?

from here: https://thejetpress.com/2017/05/02/n...-calvin-pryor/

The truth of the matter is that Pryor regressed tremendously last season and is the definition of inconsistency. He developed the nickname “Louisville Slugger” but failed to live up to the hype usually associated with a first-round selection. Pryor never developed into the premier safety they had envisioned as his stats leave much to the imagination.
                      TexansCap.com

Comment

You are right I was curious if he would do better than what we have or that our pass rush would make him look better or our DB coach could fix him

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                          You are right I was curious if he would do better than what we have or that our pass rush would make him look better or our DB coach could fix him
                          It always depends on what the number is that he would be willing to play for. We've seen a lot of guys get cut and put that chip ontheir shoulder and play lights out for another team. I like the idea to see what we can do to improve our team. We have the cap space now. still need to shore up the oline is a big priority. John Johnson was there at round 3 and we passed on him so maybe the guys in charge don't think safety is a big need??? Who knows. I like the idea of bringing him in for a workout and interview and see where his head is at.
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

patrick @PatDStat
                            Per the #Texans site. Draft Class uniform numbers
                            Deshaun Watson- 4
                            Zach Cunningham- 41
                            D'Onta Foreman- 27
                            Julie'n Davenport- 70
                            Carlos Watkins- 91
                            Trestan Decoud- 31
                            Kyle Fuller- 61

Comment

I still believe that safety is an area of concern, and while bringing in Pryor would be fine, I would much rather have us sign Gilchrist who was just released recently. Also, if the team isn't sold on our TE group, how about Barnridge?

Comment

Working...
                              X