X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuppacoffee View Post
    Zach Conque ,now listed as QB.

Lost his shot at TE and now just a camp arm in place of Patrick Towles?
    No, the chart only goes 5 wide and he was shifted down or that depth chart mis-placed him.

He's listed on HT.com as...
    86 Conque, Zach TE 6-6 240 R Stephen F. Austin
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

No, the chart only goes 5 wide and he was shifted down or that depth chart mis-placed him.

He's listed on HT.com as...
      So who becomes our "camp arm" for this training camp?
      Do we go with 3 QB's?
      Someone would have to go to add a fourth QB, right?
      It could be B Miller, but I suppose he needs all the work he can get at WR? Or maybe some of Millers reps go to Williams, Gray and Hill
      Any guesses/anwers. Thanx
      Religion, it's the process of worshipping the messenger and ignoring the message.

Comment

The most significant thing Rick Smith could do right now is extend OB's contract for at least a couple of years. Most successful teams do not let a head coach reach his final year of his contract going into a season. It created too much dissension in the ranks if the coaches job is not secure.

As important as other items are, I suggest that be Rick's priority.
        https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Hey, if you guys are interested, here's a look at three undrafted free agents who should make the team.

http://lastwordonprofootball.com/201...d-free-agents/

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
            #Texans receiver Keith Mumphery and ILB Max Bullough have been released.
            In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Bullough isn't much of a loss but from is point of view he had been here a few years and hadn't done anything to stand out so he knew his job was already on the line so he was going to go all out. As for Mumphrey there is something fishy about all that and I just hope we didn't cut a player that was innocent. Something "happened" in 2015 suspended from school in 2016 and its coming out 6 months into 2017. Something there doesn't add up and if he is innocent I hope he catches on with another team.

Comment

Houston Texans @HoustonTexans
                Numbers for the newest #Texans.
                17 Dres Anderson

53 Sio Moore

Comment

I do not care what it takes. Someone NEEDS to get David Harris into Houston. Cushing can be moved to OLB something that he knows how to do playing DE/OLB in college. This guy could bring that hard nosed no nonsense to our front seven even more. Jets made a HUGE mistake with letting this man go. One of the MOST underrated MLB's in NFL history

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                    I do not care what it takes. Someone NEEDS to get David Harris into Houston. Cushing can be moved to OLB something that he knows how to do playing DE/OLB in college. This guy could bring that hard nosed no nonsense to our front seven even more. Jets made a HUGE mistake with letting this man go. One of the MOST underrated MLB's in NFL history
                    I agree that he would be a good addition. Just not sure if Texans brass wants to pay him. A large part of the reason why the jets cut him is because they didnt want to give him a raise while they were rebuilding. A smart move by the jets even though it was poorly executed.. They cut him after practice. I mean if youre gonna cut the guy, dont let him risk injury practicing.
                    sigpic

Official Texans Beer Thread Creator

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                      Texans signed former Charleston Southern center Erik Austell, cutting offensive lineman Jake Simonich
                      Erik Austell

Charleston Southern
                      • 6'3" HEIGHT
                      • 32" ARM LENGTH
                      • 301 LBS.WEIGHT
                      • 9" HANDS
                      OVERVIEW

Despite starring on the defensive line in high school and starting his career on that side of the ball for the Buccaneers, Austell's move to left tackle before the 2013 season will likely prove to be a lucrative one. He started 12 games there that season, and eight of 10 games played as a redshirt sophomore. He missed the end of his junior year with an injury, but still managed to win first-team All-Big South notice in his nine starts. The Georgia native gained national recognition as an Associated Press FCS All-American in 2016, as well as repeating as a first-team all-conference selection for his play on the blind side.

STRENGTHS

Very athletic. Plays with excellent lateral quickness. Takes effective angles on play-side, back-side and combination blocks. Has excellent timing on his work-up blocks to the second level. Has the foot quickness to mirror in space and make the necessary adjustments to land on his targets. Flexible and agile with cut blocking talent that would make Alex Gibbs happy. Displays adequate contact balance. Has good awareness pre-snap and post. Sees blitzes and responds. Always understands his assignment in the running game. Has footwork to maintain positioning in front of pass rusher.

WEAKNESSES

Played a much lower level of competition. Appears unable to unlock his hips and release lower-body power. Struggles to drive block and generate movement. Has short arms and small hands and rarely owns the opponent's frame with his initial punch. Hands lack the strength to snatch and secure his blocks. May not be built for block sustaining. Could struggle to carry functional NFL weight and mass. Uses wide hands in pass pro that can turn into huggers if he feels his anchor is threatened. Bull-rushers could be a substantial problem for him with a move inside.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 7-PFA

BOTTOM LINE

Austell possesses tremendous foot quickness and overall athleticism but he lacks the length to stay at tackle and the functional power and mass to play guard. He's instinctive with a very good feel for angles and could end up becoming an eventual starter at center for a zone team if he can carry an additional 10-plus pounds, which is certainly no given.

Combine Results
                      Combine Invite: Yes
                      Height: 6031
                      Weight: 301
                      40 Yrd Dash: 5.21
                      20 Yrd Dash: 3.01
                      10 Yrd Dash: 1.79
                      225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
                      Vertical Jump: 27 1/2
                      Broad Jump: 08'11"
                      20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.90
                      3-Cone Drill: 8.13
                      http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ombine-Workout
                      Last edited by H2O4me; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkhamKnight92 View Post

I agree that he would be a good addition. Just not sure if Texans brass wants to pay him. A large part of the reason why the jets cut him is because they didnt want to give him a raise while they were rebuilding. A smart move by the jets even though it was poorly executed.. They cut him after practice. I mean if youre gonna cut the guy, dont let him risk injury practicing.
                        The Jets are pretty much saying they will be awful this season and are doing whatever it takes to land the first overall pick next season and draft their QB. Bowles will probably gone, and they'll have plenty of time to see if Hackenberg sucks or not.

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                          Cushing had a short stint at DE at USC but he moved back to strongside OLB in their 4-3 defense which is an ILB in the 3-4. He doesn't have the speed I would imagine to be a pass rusher, maybe he could take over for Simon. But we also drafted Cunningham to be that strongside OLB then move into the ILB role. Cushing is a cap casualty so idk what his future holds.

Comment

All Texans draft picks signed...

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
                            D'Onta Foreman signed four-year deal worth $3.259 million, including signing bonus of $759,484.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                              All Texans draft picks signed...

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
                              Good. That will dispel many notions.
                              1. Reddick LB 2. Peterman QB 3. Garcia T 4a. Justin Evans S 4b. Donta Foreman 5. Jarron Jones DL 7. Marquez White CB

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                                Texans' one-year deal for Dres Anderson: $465,000, including injury waiver

Texans' one-year deal for Sio Moore: $775,000, cap figure $615,000, team used veteran minimum salary benefit

Texans' one-year deal for Breno Giacomini: $2.75M, $1M salary (nongtd), $750K signing bonus, up to $1M total per game active roster bonus

Comment

Working...
                                X