Roster moves...
    Reserve/Did Not Report list
    Duane Brown

Active/Physically Unable To Perform list
    TJ Daniel

Active/Non-Football Injury list
    Joel Heath
    Dayon Pratt
    IIRC, Active/PUP means didn't pass conditioning test.

Comment

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
      Agents announce S Marcus Gilchrist signs with Texans. He can compete at the logjam at both spots.

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
        New #Texans receiver DeAndrew White played at Alabama, is from Galena Park North Shore. Was w/ 49ers 2015, Patriots practice squad 2016

DEANDREW WHITE

WR ALABAMA

5'11" HEIGHT
        31" ARM LENGTH
        193 LBS.WEIGHT
        9 1/8" HANDS

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Smooth in space. Glides over the middle on crossing routes ready to catch and run. Shows good acceleration off line of scrimmage and into routes. Able to slam on the brakes and turn quickly to find the ball on comebacks. Makes tight turn into out routes. Has loose hips and quick feet. Athletic after the catch with ability to make defenders miss in tight quarters or open space while making plays with the ball in his hands.

WEAKNESSES

Has suffered through a myriad of injuries. Missed a chunk of 2012 with a season-ending knee injury. Since then, has suffered through a fractured toe, separated shoulder and pulled hamstring. Appears to be missing vertical separation speed. Wasn't able to consistently separate against quality, man coverage outside the hashes. Routes rely primarily on quickness over sophistication and leverage. Borderline ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls.

NFL COMPARISON

Donnie Avery

BOTTOM LINE

High school speedster who appears to have lost a step since his 2012 knee injury, but who is still quick enough and athletic enough to find the open spaces and make yards after the catch. While his injury history could very well be a draft deterrent, White's talent should get him a look and give him a shot to make a team. He might have to return kicks to prove his worth early on. -Lance Zierlein

Combine Results

Height: 5114
        Weight: 193
        40 Yrd Dash: 4.43
        20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
        10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
        225 Lb. Bench Reps:
        Vertical Jump: 36
        Broad Jump: 10'01"
        20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
        3-Cone Drill: 6.97
        No Bench-Shoulder

Comment

Texans activate OLB Dayon Pratt from the non football injury list.

Texans waive TJ Daniel.

Texans place Deanté Gray on IR.

Comment

Texans sign WR Marcus Leak, who was on Colts' practice squad last season.

That Jimmy Raye III is really paying big dividends.

Keeps bringing in players from those great Colts rosters of 2014-16.

Comment

Mark Berman‏ @MarkBermanFox26
              OL Terry Poole (@tp_dagoer) claimed by #Texans after being waived by Miami, is 6-5, 307.Was taken n 4th round (#130) by Seattle n 2015 Draft

OL Terry Poole, claimed by the #Texans after being waived by Miami, is 6-5, 307. Was taken in 4th round (#130) by Seattle in 2015 NFL Draft.

#Texans claim offensive lineman Terry Poole, waived by the Dolphins

OG Terry Poole

SAN DIEGO ST.
              • 6'5" HEIGHT
              • 33 1/4" ARM LENGTH
              • 307 LBS. WEIGHT
              • 9 1/2" HANDS
              STRENGTHS

Good hand placement in run game. Is able to effort his way to run-block security. Has limitations, but plays within those limitations and shows good body control. Adequate pass pro posture with head back and hands ready. Has hip flexibility to make last-second recovery. Gives good, honest effort every snap.

WEAKNESSES

Heavy feet into kick-slide. Doesn't gain enough ground to keep edge speed at bay. Opens prematurely, allowing open door to inside moves. Slow step inside to stunts. Doesn't have combination of feet and functional strength to improve position in run game once engaged or anchor up when rusher gets to a shoulder. Hands so wide he gives hugs at times in pass pro. Must move inside.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 6 or 7

NFL COMPARISON

David Arkin

BOTTOM LINE

A JUCO transfer lacking athleticism to play on the left side, Poole might get a shot at right tackle but is better suited for a move inside. With more strength and experience, Poole has a shot to make a practice squad and potentially work his way up the ladder.

RELATED LINKS

Brandt: Official San Diego State pro day results

-Lance Zierlein

Combine Results

Height: 6046
              Weight: 307
              40 Yrd Dash: 5.09
              20 Yrd Dash: 3.04
              10 Yrd Dash: 1.84
              225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
              Vertical Jump: 31
              Broad Jump: 09'05"
              20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.66
              3-Cone Drill: 7.90

Last edited by H2O4me; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

patrick @PatDStat
                #Texans waived TE Zach Conque (Hamstring) with an injury settlement.

That opened the spot to claim OT Terry Poole.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                  Mark Berman‏ @MarkBermanFox26

OG Terry Poole

SAN DIEGO ST.
                  • 6'5" HEIGHT
                  • 33 1/4" ARM LENGTH
                  • 307 LBS. WEIGHT
                  • 9 1/2" HANDS
                  #Texans announce they've waived OT Terry Poole with a failed physical designation.

Comment

Texans sign FA WR Bruce Ellington
                    Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
                    Bruce Elllington was previously with the 49ers and Jets, failing his physical with the Jets after being claimed off waivers. Now with Texans
                    New #Texans receiver Bruce Ellington was 49ers fourth-round pick in 2014. Returned kicks/punts for SF in '14 and '15. Injured all of '16

Cut by 49ers, claimed by Jets where he failed his physical.

Comment

Texans have signed former Clemson wide receiver Germone Hopper, according to his agent, Adam Seifer. Previously in 49ers rookie minicamp
                      5'11"
                      180 lbs
                      ~4.54 40

Former Clemson receiver Germone Hopper set for pro day – but not with rest of Tigers

jperson@charlotteobserver.com
                      MARCH 14, 2017
                      Former Clemson wide receiver Germone Hopper, who quit the team before the Tigers’ national championship season, will stage a private workout for NFL scouts this week.

Hopper had hoped to participate in Clemson’s pro day on Thursday, which is expected to draw scouts and coaches from nearly every NFL team to watch Tigers quarterback Deshaun Watson, wideout Mike Williams and others.

Instead, Hopper will run routes and go through receiving drills Wednesday night at the Tigers’ indoor practice facility, according to one of his representatives. Leo Jackson, a Charlotte-based sports agent, said he’s heard from about a dozen interested teams.

Hopper, a Charlotte native and two-sport star at Phillip O. Berry Academy, left school abruptly in February 2016 after nearly four years of erratic play, two suspensions and a dispute over playing time.

Hopper spent the past year in Charlotte training and working at an Uptown barbershop. He told the Observer last month he takes responsibility for his discipline issues at Clemson.

Hopper caught 71 passes for 797 yards and six touchdowns in three seasons for the Tigers, with a pair of 100-yard receiving games.

His best hope to impress scouts would seem to be his speed. Hopper was one of the top sprinters in the state as a high school junior.

DOUG BUFFINGTON/ICON SPORTSWIRE/AP

THE ALMOST CHAMPION

MMQB/SI
                      On the night of the college football national championship game, Germone Hopper slunk into the couch cushion at his friend’s apartment in downtown Charlotte. Hopper, a former Clemson wide receiver, didn’t watch all of the Tigers’ games this season. Sometimes he avoided being in the same room as a TV altogether. “Depending on my mood on a given day, I knew if I watched, it might make me bitter,” Hopper says. “I didn’t want to feel a certain way.”

But as the Tigers faced Alabama—a rematch of a national title game Hopper participated in a year earlier—he decided to cheer on Dabo Swinney, the coach who recruited him, and Deshaun Watson, the quarterback who delivered the bulk of his 71 career receptions, 797 yards and six touchdowns. “Coach [Swinney] always told me his plan for the football team was to win a championship by the time I was set to graduate,” Hopper says. “And he did.”

Hopper sat through the entire four-hour, eight-minute broadcast. Watson dazzled in a 35-31 win. Confetti littered Raymond James Stadium. After midnight, the 23-year-old Hopper sent his old coach a congratulatory text. According to Hopper, Swinney responded right away.

Hopper never became what he was capable of becoming at Clemson. A four-star recruit from Phillip O. Berry Academy in Charlotte, Hopper attracted a who’s who of ACC and SEC recruiters. He was a 6-foot receiver with seductive speed; at the 2011 North Carolina track high school finals, Hopper’s 10.73 in the 100 meters placed him just .03 seconds behind Todd Gurley. Hopper chose Clemson so as to be part of the nation’s greatest wide receiver factory, but also because it was a straight, 100-mile shot down I-85. He joined the program but spent nearly every off day commuting home.

Coaches asked Hopper if he wanted to redshirt in 2012, and he didn’t hesitate to agree. After all, a depth chart featuring Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins and Martavis Bryant is not easy to crack. In 2013 Hopper returned kickoffs and filled in at receiver when Watkins needed a breather.

Hopper served two brief suspensions, for an undisclosed violation of team rules and for what he describes as not consistently fulfilling study hall hours. “I’ve learned from those experiences,” Hopper says. “You need to buy into the commitment that the coaches want you to buy into.” As he toggled up and down the depth chart for three years, Hopper was known for a couple of spectacular games, a few frustrating drops and briefly as a social media star around the 2015 Orange Bowl, when his locker-room-galvanizing dance moves went viral. (Hopper is said to have taught Swinney how to dab).

In the 2015 national title game, Hopper played sparingly: 15 snaps, targeted by Watson just once (an incompletion). All the while, he had been dealing with pressures at home. His girlfriend gave birth to their daughter in May, and he felt the guilt that comes with the distance between a parent and child. Hopper never knew his father; he has been in prison Hopper’s whole life. “I didn’t want that for my child,” Hopper says. “I felt I needed to be there.” And so about two weeks after the title game, Hopper called his position coach: “I think it would be best for me to finish out school here and transfer somewhere closer to home.”

And just like that, Hopper’s name was removed from Clemson’s roster. The plan was to be a grad transfer, perhaps slide down to the FCS or Division II level, play the 2016 season and enter the NFL draft. “But life steered me in a different direction,” he says. Instead Hopper took a part-time job at his godfather’s barbershop as a receptionist, earning $10 an hour, 20 hours a week. He moved in with his mom. He worked with a local trainer before and after shifts to stay in football shape, and needed to provide food not only for himself but for his child every day. It was the first fall since he was 6 years old that he was not a part of a team. “It was the first time in my life I felt like I needed to make decisions for myself,” he says.

Asked about regrets, Hopper is candid: “I learned not to make decisions based off emotion. I learned not to run away from my problems but to face them. I also learned that being away from football, I can’t take it for granted any more, like it was given to me.”

Hopper is generating some interest from NFL teams. He has maintained good relationships with the Clemson program; he visited with coaches last weekend and worked out at the facility. He will participate in Clemson’s pro day on March 21. An NFL scout familiar with Hopper called him an “intriguing talent” with value on special teams. But with inconsistency issues and having been away from the game for a year, Hopper has only an outside chance of being drafted. He should, however, get picked up by a team. All he wants is to get back in.
                      Last edited by H2O4me; 1 week ago.

Comment

The #Texans played receiver DeAndrew White on IR with a groin injury

Comment

Texans waived DeAndrew White from injured reserve with injury settlement

Comment

Working...
                          X