Brian Gaine leaves Texans for position with Buffalo Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Gaine leaves Texans for position with Buffalo Bills

Texans Director Of Player Personnel Brian Gaine Interviewing For 49ers GM Job

Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans are back-to-back division champions and that can draw attention from teams trying to get to that spot. So is the case with the San Francisco 49ers and their open general manager position.
    SportsRadio 610 has learned that Texans director of pro personnel Brian Gaine is interviewing for the open position with the Bay Area team.

The 49ers released GM Trent Baalke after the team’s 2-14 record this season their second straight sub-.500 season.

Gaine joined the Texans in 2014 as the director of college scouting and was promoted before the 2015 season to director of player personnel. Gaine has interviewed for GM jobs in the past, also heading to Philadelphia after the 2014 season to see about being the GM for the Eagles, before staying with the Texans.
    Director of Pro Personnel... think John Simon, Brian Peters, Oday Aboushi, Akeem Hunt, Akeem Dent, Jeff Adams, Josh Walker, Charles James, Don Jones, Jumal Rolle, Darryl Morris...

Brian Gaine was the guy responsible for scouting/signing roster supporting "pro personnel" players over the years.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

So....promote Mr. GAINES to Texans GM, and promote Rick Smith to something not directly involved with the team. Win/win.

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
      Gaine has interviewed for GM jobs in the past...
      Notably: (STL, 2012), (NYJ, 2013), (MIA, 2014), (CHI, 2015), (PHI, 2015)
      In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Has he been passed over each time or did he decline each of those offers?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBluCurtain View Post
          Has he been passed over each time or did he decline each of those offers?
          He'd have taken a GM job had one been offered.

Comment

sorry didn't know where to put this, but he is interviewing with the Bills tomorrow. this would be a huge loss to our FO
            sigpic

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
              Brian Gaine, #Texans director of player personnel, is interviewing with the Bills as they search for a new general manager.

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post
              sorry didn't know where to put this, but he is interviewing with the Bills tomorrow. this would be a huge loss to our FO
              He has interviewed I think for at least 4 open GM jobs, one of them will eventually stick.

Should think long/hard about working for Pegulas -- both the owner and his wife are extremely involved in decision-making for their sports teams.
              Last edited by H2O4me; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Texans Director Of Player Personnel Brian Gaine Interviewing For 49ers GM Job

Director of Pro Personnel... think John Simon, Brian Peters, Oday Aboushi, Akeem Hunt, Akeem Dent, Jeff Adams, Josh Walker, Charles James, Don Jones, Jumal Rolle, Darryl Morris...

Brian Gaine was the guy responsible for scouting/signing roster supporting "pro personnel" players over the years.
                Also know as the guy who should be our GM
                JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Always the bridesmaid...

Mike Rodak @mikerodak
                  Bills hire Brandon Beane as GM.

Comment

Always the bridesmaid...

phew another year I get to hope Smith gets a "promotion" and we give Gaines the GM job
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

phew another year I get to hope Smith gets a "promotion" and we give Gaines the GM job
                      I pray for that yearly

Comment

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                        We've hired Brian Gaine as our new Vice President of Player Personnel.

Comment

Neil Stratton @InsideTheLeague
                          Had heard this was coming. Seemed unlikely due to lateral move, but league sources made it clear Gaine was seeking a fresh start w/#Bills.

Highly regarded. Was a true ally of O'Brien w/#Texans. Had heard rumors #49ers delayed hiring GM/HC b/c they wanted O'Brien/Gaine tandem.

Comment

"Bills hire Brandon Beane as GM."

"We've hired Brian Gaine as our new Vice President of Player Personnel."

I guess that makes him a Beane counter...
                            Last edited by Marshall; 1 week ago.
                            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills
                              Great... he should have been our GM awhile back and he is good at finding players that fit the system and mentality that staff needs.

H2O4ME, any idea if Smith has his job too now till the FO replaces him? And being OBs right hand is this in your opinion anything revolving around OB leaving? Seems that the words "wanted to start with a different team" says something just not sure what

Comment

Working...
                              X