Brian Gaine leaves Texans for position with Buffalo Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
    H2O4ME, any idea if Smith has his job too now till the FO replaces him?
    He's his immediate superior, so yes.

And being OBs right hand is this in your opinion anything revolving around OB leaving?
    Ally in front office, and you're welcome to infer that what he discovered while O'Brien was here informed his decision.

Seems that the words "wanted to start with a different team" says something just not sure what
    He wanted out of town, took a lateral move with a lesser organization.
    In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
      Brian Gaine had strong relationships and worked well with Bill O'Brien and the Texans coaches.

There'll be a void to fill there, to be sure.
      Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
      #Bills announced they are hiring Brian Gaine as their new VP of Player Personnel.

Big hire in Buffalo… very difficult reality for #Texans.

Last edited by H2O4me; 1 week ago.
      In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
        He's his immediate superior, so yes.

Ally in front office, and you're welcome to infer that what he discovered while O'Brien was here informed his decision.

He wanted out of town, took a lateral move with a lesser organization.
        Hmmm, interesting...I mean the right hand decided to up and take almost the same job, not as GM or anything like we know he would have. Just to get out of Houston. Something smells here and I don't want to think about what it could be or mean.
        JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Perhaps he was too closely associated with Bill. He could have been told he needed a resume away from Bill in order to get a yes on GM interviews.
          https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Maybe he knew Rick Smith is set in stone and needed to find a new route. Exchanging extreme heat and humidity & a diverse population for cold weather & bigots (fans who called Kaepernick a Muslim). Yay.

Comment

Oh no now Rick Smith in the only guy making personnel decision............ #doomed

I think Rick smith is a trend follower and blatantly ignores positions. It was qb, then TE, then ILB, now O-line. I am not happy with this man
              THE Anti troll

Comment

Originally posted by MachineToss View Post
                Oh no now Rick Smith in the only guy making personnel decision............ #doomed

I think Rick smith is a trend follower and blatantly ignores positions. It was qb, then TE, then ILB, now O-line. I am not happy with this man
                He has not ignored the position, he drafted 2 this year, and 1 last season and the season before. He brought in outside FA on the oline. Now you can argue that the guys he's getting aren't good, but you can't say he is ignoring it.
                sigpic

Comment

Albert Breer, MMQB/SI

6. I think you should pay attention to Brian Gaine’s move from Houston to Buffalo as VP of player personnel. It caused a ripple in NFL circles. For one, good on Buffalo GM Brandon Beane for moving quickly in a very difficult circumstance, having to fill out an entire scouting staff on the fly. Gaine is a seasoned scout, worked for years with new assistant GM Joe Schoen, and will help Beane and coach Sean McDermott in aligning the organization...

Which brings us to what the Texans will miss. As for Houston, over the last few years Gaine was vital as a power broker on the personnel side, because his strong relationships with the bulk of Bill O’Brien ‘s staff made him a liaison between coaching and scouting in an organization where everyone hasn’t always been on the same page. That’s a void that may be tough to fill, and it’ll be interesting seeing where that leaves the Texans after the 2017 season.

Comment

Working...
                  X