Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now ..... that is exactly what I saw !! I will openly admit that I lobbied hard for XSF in the 2nd rd .... not because he looked impressive to me, but because every scouting report I could find, praised him. My conclusion was, they are privy to much more and better info than I, so I must not be seeing what I think I am seeing. I don't do that anymore. BTW, after watching several interviews with XSF and Newton, I believe they are both fine and intelligent young men .... great locker room guys and super team members .... just not physically talented enough to start.
    "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
    Voltaire

Comment

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
      Texans assigned rookie pool of $6.178 million to sign their seven-player draft class
      Current cap = $32,471,680

So new cap = $26,293,680

Sound right...?
      In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post

Current cap = $32,471,680

So new cap = $26,293,680

Sound right...?
        You'd have to ask Troy. He would know.
        Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
        TexansCap.com

Comment

Texans seventh-round center Kyle Fuller deal: $2.469 million, $69,216 signing bonus

Texans fifth-round corner Treston Decoud deal: $2.649 million, $249,348 signing bonus

Texans' fourth-round DL Carlos Watkins deal: $2.819 million, $419,648 signing bonus

Texans' fourth-round tackle Julien Davenport deal: $2.986 million, $586,420 signing bonus .

Texans second-round linebacker Zach Cunningham deal: $4.471 million, $1.392M signing bonus

Texans' fully guaranteed deal for Deshaun Watson (skill, injury, salary cap) total value of $13.85 million with $8.25 million signing bonus
          In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

TexansCap @TexansCap
            Houston Texans RT Derek Newton accepted a salary reduction for 2017, 2018, and 2019.
            Even more cap space.

Comment

Current Texans salary cap space = $34,792,521.00

We have the 4th most cap room in the NFL. In June.

Comment

Current Texans salary cap space = $30,978,156.00

5th most according to NFLPA.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
                  Current Texans salary cap space = $30,978,156.00

5th most according to NFLPA.
                  God forbid we use some of that on the franchise tag for one of the best CB's in the league last year...but nah, let's just let him go to a up and coming divisional rival. As well as trade away a 2nd round pick only to do nothing with the cap space we saved. ATTA BOY RICKY!!!!!!

Comment

I believe all of our cap is going to go into Nuk, Clowney, Watt (new deal after this season and he shows he is the same guy). This team is going to be defense and running game. Watch next draft we have no 2nd and no 3rd so its going to be an entire depth draft and make this team have more reserves and future replacements. Everyone wants to be like the patriots and for the first time I think we are getting close. As long as Watson turns into serviceable and doesn't lose you games (Alex Smith type) The Texans will be a feared for years to come. As long as they draft well and keep coaches that know what the hell they are doing we are going to be just fine. Just because we have money doesn't mean we run out and spend it all. Look at the Jags, Redskins, Browns, Jets history in the last ten years. That doesn't work out. Texans FINALLY have a farm of talent and they are developing players. Its nice to see and besides the Watson selection we haven't reached for anyone. We take what we think is the best player on the board and go with it. How many NFL teams would love to have our success with first round picks???

Comment

Originally posted by canyon1 View Post
                      I believe all of our cap is going to go into Nuk, Clowney, Watt (new deal after this season and he shows he is the same guy). This team is going to be defense and running game. Watch next draft we have no 2nd and no 3rd so its going to be an entire depth draft and make this team have more reserves and future replacements. Everyone wants to be like the patriots and for the first time I think we are getting close. As long as Watson turns into serviceable and doesn't lose you games (Alex Smith type) The Texans will be a feared for years to come. As long as they draft well and keep coaches that know what the hell they are doing we are going to be just fine. Just because we have money doesn't mean we run out and spend it all. Look at the Jags, Redskins, Browns, Jets history in the last ten years. That doesn't work out. Texans FINALLY have a farm of talent and they are developing players. Its nice to see and besides the Watson selection we haven't reached for anyone. We take what we think is the best player on the board and go with it. How many NFL teams would love to have our success with first round picks???
                      Watt signed a 6 year 113 million dollar deal 2 years ago..he's locked up. Not going anywhere. We can sign Nuk and Clowney with the cap savings alone from Cushing and JJo's deals after this season. So we'll probably have the most cap money in the league after this season unless we resign those two before hand. We have a makeshift O-Line, like you had stated, NO 1st or 2nd round pick, so we're going to have to bring some people in, or we can just have Deshaun get killed behind our O line like we did when we ruined Carr. I understand trading that first rounder to move up. But there was no reason to spend a 2nd round pick to free up cap space to do nothing with it. Rick Smith got played like a fiddle by the CLEVELAND BROWNS.

Comment

Giving up that second round pick is proof that Smith knew he F'd up and knew that Brock was becoming an issue in the locker room and within management. Yes that 2nd is going to hurt in the long run but we don't have a make shift line. Brown is still a beast. The center position is set for the next ten years no matter is its martin or mancz. X looked amazing in playoffs and something has clicked with him. Allen had a horrible year and I know that but he was WAY out of shape. This year WATCH it is a different man out there. We have no idea in what we have in Davenport, Fuller, Quessenberry. Before the diagnoses Q was getting some attention as a potential starter. we will have 8 picks next draft and the team will focus on line and back 7 depth its pretty simple. We don't NEED to spend big money on anyone next FA year. If we did spend money on a big name FA we just committed money that might not get return on. I really am against signing FA's in todays market because its all about the dollar. Look at Kalil, Wagner, there is NO way in hell they deserve to be paid that much EVER. they were smart and got paid so nothing against them making their bread but those teams will regret that money in the long run. FA's normally don't play out their entire 2nd contracts unless they resign with the same team. I am all about developing your own talent and fixing issues with good coaching. Packers are my team I am jealous off they are notoriously quiet in the off season and just draft well without trading assets to move up. If anything they generally tend to sit there or trade down and get more assets. Good teams don't spend top dollar for role players

Comment

Heck that's also proof that the owner is taking some blame in that decision because MOST GM's would have been fired for that colossal mistake like that. OB doesn't have a care in the world because you can tell he is more relaxed now that he has his guys at QB and he told them probably that this guy doesn't have what it takes or you just cant throw someone in his system and expect to be good. Nothing has been confirmed at all but you can just see the writing on the wall

Comment

Texans in top 5 in salary cap room each of next 3 seasons

TexansWire
                            One of the benefits of the Houston Texans largely sitting out the free agent market this offseason is what it has done for the team’s salary cap situation. The Texans have gone from near the bottom in available salary cap room to near the top in a few short months.

Houston currently has just under $30 million in cap room for 2017. According to Over The Cap, that figure ranks the Texans fifth in available cap room for the upcoming season.

Even with all the dead money in Brock Osweiler’s deal, Houston is quite healthy on the cap front. Even better, they remain in strong position in the next couple of offseasons. The Texans have over $41 million for 2018 and some $86 million for 2019. Those figures rank fifth and fourth in their respective seasons.

Of course, all that cap room is just paper. Some of it will go to contract extensions for DeAndre Hopkins, Jadeveon Clowney, Kevin Johnson and others. All are due for new deals in the next two summers, with Hopkins ready for a rich new contract any day now.

Even with those expected cap hits, the Texans do have enough cap room to get active on the free agent markets once again in the next couple of offseasons. They’ll need to be as the first- and second-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft are already spent on Deshaun Watson.

Comment

Working...
                            X