Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Texans Training Camp

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
    #Texans expected to open 2017 training camp at The Greenbrier Resort n White Sulphur Springs, W. Virginia.

Would return to Houston for preseason.
    John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
    Saints have trained at The Greenbrier but won't be returning. Texans expected to spend early part of camp there.

2017 HOUSTON TEXANS TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
    Day Date Times Location Media Availability
    Tuesday July 25 Team Meetings / No Availability
    Wednesday July 26 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Thursday July 27 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Friday July 28 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Saturday July 29 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Sunday July 30 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Monday July 31 Players Day Off / No Availability
    Tuesday August 1 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Wednesday August 2 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Thursday August 3 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Friday August 4 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Saturday August 5 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Sunday August 6 Players Day Off / No Availability
    Monday August 7 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Tuesday August 8 Travel Day / No Availability
    Wednesday August 9 Game at Carolina Panthers, 7:30 p.m. ET
    Thursday August 10 Players Day Off/No Availability
    Friday August 11 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Saturday August 12 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Sunday August 13 Players Day Off / No Availability
    Monday August 14 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Tuesday August 15* 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Wednesday August 16* 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Thursday August 17 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
    Friday August 18 Travel Day / No Availability
    Saturday August 19 Game vs. New England Patriots, 7:00 p.m. CT
    Sunday August 20 Players Day Off / No Availability
    Monday August 21 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. CT Houston Methodist Training Center After practice on field
    Tuesday August 22 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. CT Houston Methodist Training Center After practice on field
    Bold indicates practice is open to the media only and not open to the general public.

* indicates joint practices with the New England Patriots.

Texans announce training camp dates and times

HOUSTON – Houston Texans Training Camp presented by XFINITY will begin on Wednesday, July 26 as the Texans take the field in preparation for the 2017 season. This year’s camp will start at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W.V. and will be the first time in franchise history the Texans hold training camp outside of the city of Houston.

Fifteen training camp practice sessions will be open to the media and public at The Greenbrier: Wed.-Sun., July 26-30; Tues.-Sat., Aug. 1-5; Fri.-Sat., Aug. 11-12; and Mon.-Thurs., Aug. 14-16. The practices from Aug. 15-16 will be joint practices with the New England Patriots. The practices on Mon., Aug. 7 and Thurs., Aug. 17 are open to the media only.

All practices will begin at 10:30 a.m. ET. The full Greenbrier training camp schedule can be found at the end of this press release.

To apply for credentials to training camp, visit the Houston Texans media website by clicking here.

Tickets and parking information for the general public can be found online at The Greenbrier website: www.greenbrier.com/texans.

The Texans will also hold two open practices at the Houston Methodist Training Center when they return to Houston on August 21-22 following their second preseason game. The schedule for the remaining training camp practices will be released at a later date.

All training camp practices are subject to short notice changes and adjustments based on weather and/or football operations decisions. Updates are promptly available on the club’s digital media platforms and via email from Texans PR.
    Last edited by H2O4me; 4 weeks ago.
    Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Lol, good old boy golf resort.

Comment

Texans to hold training camp at the Greenbrier

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans today announced that the team will hold its 2017 training camp at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. Exact dates and times for the training camp practices will be released at a later date. This is the first time the Texans will hold training camp off-site, as they have spent the last 15 seasons at the Houston Methodist Training Center.

“We are thrilled with the opportunity to hold training camp at the Greenbrier,” said Executive Vice President of Football Operations and General Manager Rick Smith. “It’s a wonderful place and the facilities and climate combine for an ideal environment as our team trains, bonds, and prepares for the 2017 season.”

The Greenbrier, located in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va., is a National Historic Landmark and world-class resort that has hosted distinguished guests from around the world since 1778, including 26 U.S. presidents. Known as "America's Resort," The Greenbrier encompasses more than 10,000 acres of rolling landscape that includes: four golf courses; a championship indoor and outdoor tennis facility; a multi-purpose Sports Performance Center, which includes two grass fields, one artificial surface field and a training facility; a 40,000-square-foot spa rated by Conde Nast as one of the top 25 in the world; a breadth of sporting activities; shops; private homes at The Greenbrier Sporting Club; and, at its heart, a vast and imposing grand hotel purchased in 2009 by West Virginia entrepreneur Jim Justice II.

The Greenbrier has undergone a $250 million restoration and is now home to The Greenbrier Classic, a PGA TOUR FedEx Cup event. The New Orleans Saints held their training camp at The Greenbrier for the last three years (2014-16).

Photobucket has changed it's image hosting pricings, moving my $2/month plan to $480/year -- so most of the images I have posted here will revert to dead links sometime soon. There's no workaround other than replacing them one-by-one. So my posts the forums are going to look funky for a while. My apologies.

Comment

Beautiful place, but we lose an advantage of being use to 120 deg heat to start the season. And it's only 1/2 of camp so...what idiot thought it up is my question.
        JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Whatever revenue that training camp generates will now be generated in another state.

GJ Texans, I'm sure west virginia will enjoy the extra cash. Maybe they can pay for the stadium upgrades
          2016 pre-draft prediction...7-9

Comment

Originally posted by TexansRock80 View Post
            Whatever revenue that training camp generates will now be generated in another state.

GJ Texans, I'm sure west virginia will enjoy the extra cash. Maybe they can pay for the stadium upgrades
            so first it's McNair doesn't really care about what happens with our team as long as it's making him money, to complaining that he is spending his money, and not making any in return to do what he and the rest of the F.O. think is best. also from the little bit I have read on the matter couple with the vibe I get from OB I feel like this is more of a him move then a McNair or smith. OB is going into year 4 of his 5 year deal McNair is going to have to make a decision on his HC soon as well so maybe he is finally letting him run his team fully how he wants to.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shishkabob View Post

so first it's McNair doesn't really care about what happens with our team as long as it's making him money, to complaining that he is spending his money, and not making any in return to do what he and the rest of the F.O. think is best. also from the little bit I have read on the matter couple with the vibe I get from OB I feel like this is more of a him move then a McNair or smith. OB is going into year 4 of his 5 year deal McNair is going to have to make a decision on his HC soon as well so maybe he is finally letting him run his team fully how he wants to.
              Precisely!

$ In Bill We Trust &

Comment

At least the team won't be bothered by incessant distraction from fans who scramble for free tickets to watch their practices, and we won't be bombarded with all of useless trivia from the hoards of media members that attend Houston camp each year. I think that it will be a good change of scenery for all involved.

Comment

McNair is not going to take his hand out of Smiths back. McNair makes the calls via Smith and OB is stuck with what he gets.

Best case for OB is he is allowed to get a QB he wants. And McNair is not going to part ways with OB soon. 9-7 with more QB changes than the Browns and 2 division titles. He will probably sign him for 3 years more. Only issue is that I can't see OB wanting to stay around after his 5th year ends if he can't get more input into personal moves. What HC wants to be told (even if you can get them) that you can't have a certain player. However, we can get you the 2 others later who aren't very good, but play the position you need.

I would finish my deal and get a new HC job. I think half the rumors of OB to San Francisco or some college where OB leaking interest. Then when asked, saying he had no idea why his name was involved. Power play in the Hoodie style. Make the owner wonder and think. If it works right then you will get the control you need to get stuff done. If not...play out the deal and walk to another gig.
                  JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
                    Beautiful place, but we lose an advantage of being use to 120 deg heat to start the season. And it's only 1/2 of camp so...what idiot thought it up is my question.

Not too sure practicing in the heat does any good. Seems like heat stress would only add to possible injuries. Then there is the fact that most if not all games the roof is closed and games played in AC.

Been subjected to this heat / humidity for over seventy years and I ain't accustomed to it yet.

Religion, it's the process of worshipping the messenger and ignoring the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Will 51 View Post
                      At least the team won't be bothered by incessant distraction from fans who scramble for free tickets to watch their practices, and we won't be bombarded with all of useless trivia from the hoards of media members that attend Houston camp each year. I think that it will be a good change of scenery for all involved.
                      The media will definitely be there.

Comment

Should be less distractions, more focus on issues at hand, no problem with it

Comment

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
                          Bill Belichick & Bill O'Brien have been working on scheduling joint practices with Patriots-Texans at Greenbrier (WVa.) in Week 2/preseason.

Meaning we play NE in week 2 of preseason...?
                          Last edited by H2O4me; 04-10-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I'd love to see OB's contract extended by Smith just to read all the comments backpedaling on their "obvious rift."
                            https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee View Post

Not too sure practicing in the heat does any good. Seems like heat stress would only add to possible injuries. Then there is the fact that most if not all games the roof is closed and games played in AC.

Been subjected to this heat / humidity for over seventy years and I ain't accustomed to it yet.
                              You only have 11 years on me...
                              https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Working...
                              X