No announcement yet.

2017 Texans Training Camp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has dibbs on the formerly "top secret" presidential bunker?
    https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...0&h=300Adopter of #98 D. J. Reader

Comment

Im all for this I think getting away from the heat is good for the layers Mentally & Physically . It should also keep them a bit fresher as the season drudges on !! Less medis asking the same stupid questions day after day should be helpful to OB . I like him and want him to stay as our HC for many more yrs.

Comment

A team that travels to a destination for any given period of time is the ultimate team building plan that can happen. Coaches know if they can get everyone out of their comfort zone away from outside distractions and everything else that players can really figure each other out and learn what we have a team. Not just from a coaches stand point but players learn about each other. As for fans I can see why they don't like it but this could be a truly amazing thing. Players and coaches have an opportunity to truly come together.

Comment

Originally posted by SPOTexas View Post

The media will definitely be there.
          Not nearly as many as when camp is held here.

Comment

Moving it to WV is closer for me. I wouldn't mind heading up there.

Comment

Photo: Brett Coomer, Houston Chronicle

Saints' Sean Payton looking forward to joint practices with Texans

Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien, left, and New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton talk before a joint training camp practice between the Texans and Saints at Houston Methodist Training Center on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, in Houston.

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton and Texans coach Bill O'Brien have a good relationship, a rapport that's led to them collaborating on joint practice sessions.

The Texans will travel to Louisiana to hold joint practices with the Saints prior to their third preseason game Aug. 26 in New Orleans. The Texans hosted the Saints last year in Houston prior to a preseason game.

"The Texans will be here for a couple days before we play them," Payton told New Orleans reporters. "We've had over the years a number of joint practices with them."

The Texans are also holding joint practices with the New England Patriots during their training camp at The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia.

The Saints previously held their training camp at The Greenbrier and Payton recommended the venue to the Texans.
              In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Texans announce training camp dates and times

HOUSTON Ė Houston Texans Training Camp presented by XFINITY will begin on Wednesday, July 26 as the Texans take the field in preparation for the 2017 season. This yearís camp will start at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W.V. and will be the first time in franchise history the Texans hold training camp outside of the city of Houston.

Fifteen training camp practice sessions will be open to the media and public at The Greenbrier: Wed.-Sun., July 26-30; Tues.-Sat., Aug. 1-5; Fri.-Sat., Aug. 11-12; and Mon.-Thurs., Aug. 14-16. The practices from Aug. 15-16 will be joint practices with the New England Patriots. The practices on Mon., Aug. 7 and Thurs., Aug. 17 are open to the media only.

All practices will begin at 10:30 a.m. ET. The full Greenbrier training camp schedule can be found at the end of this press release.

To apply for credentials to training camp, visit the Houston Texans media website by clicking here.

Tickets and parking information for the general public can be found online at The Greenbrier website: www.greenbrier.com/texans.

The Texans will also hold two open practices at the Houston Methodist Training Center when they return to Houston on August 21-22 following their second preseason game. The schedule for the remaining training camp practices will be released at a later date.

All training camp practices are subject to short notice changes and adjustments based on weather and/or football operations decisions. Updates are promptly available on the clubís digital media platforms and via email from Texans PR.

2017 HOUSTON TEXANS TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
                Day Date Times Location Media Availability
                Tuesday July 25 Team Meetings / No Availability
                Wednesday July 26 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Thursday July 27 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Friday July 28 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Saturday July 29 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Sunday July 30 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Monday July 31 Players Day Off / No Availability
                Tuesday August 1 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Wednesday August 2 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Thursday August 3 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Friday August 4 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Saturday August 5 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Sunday August 6 Players Day Off / No Availability
                Monday August 7 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Tuesday August 8 Travel Day / No Availability
                Wednesday August 9 Game at Carolina Panthers, 7:30 p.m. ET
                Thursday August 10 Players Day Off/No Availability
                Friday August 11 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Saturday August 12 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Sunday August 13 Players Day Off / No Availability
                Monday August 14 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Tuesday August 15* 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Wednesday August 16* 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Thursday August 17 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET The Greenbrier (WV) After practice on field
                Friday August 18 Travel Day / No Availability
                Saturday August 19 Game vs. New England Patriots, 7:00 p.m. CT
                Sunday August 20 Players Day Off / No Availability
                Monday August 21 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. CT Houston Methodist Training Center After practice on field
                Tuesday August 22 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. CT Houston Methodist Training Center After practice on field

Bold indicates practice is open to the media only and not open to the general public.

* indicates joint practices with the New England Patriots.
                In 2016 Brock Osweiler was rated last (32nd) among all QBs (>400 attempts) by ProFootballFocus and ranked 33rd/34 QBs (>200 attempts) by Football Outsiders.

Comment

Nine Texans to watch in training camp

John Harris
                  With the offseason program completely done, the next task on the 2017 season to-do list is training camp at The Greenbrier. For many, including yours truly, itís the first time to be away for training camp and that makes the three weeks an intriguing voyage on a number of different levels.

Yet, the sole purpose of going to The Greenbrier is to find the 53 men thatíll lead this team into the season and get them ready for that 17 (plus?) game marathon. Now, we know about J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney and DeAndre Hopkins, but what off the radar players will be worth watching come July? Here are a few to watch.

1. Inside linebacker Shakeel Rashad - The second year former undrafted linebacker from North Carolina has impressed all offseason. He really took every advantage of his opportunity with more reps than ever before in the offseason. With Brian Cushing rehabbing and Max Bullough waived, Rashad spent a ton of time with the first group and shined in drills. He has every intangible youíd want in a player and he can run too. Itís just a matter of maintaining that momentum when the pads go on in camp.

2. Cornerback Treston Decoud - Due to the NFLís graduation rule, we havenít had a chance to see him other than a short viewing at rookie minicamp. Heís got size, length and a ton of confidence. Other rookies at his position got a bit of a jump on him, but he can make up time with a solid trip to West Virginia.

3. Offensive tackle Kendall Lamm - I canít tell you how many times Iíve been asked about the right tackle position for this team in 2017. Itís at least five times a week and I have the same answer every time ďGreenbrierĒ. Thatís where the competition will commence... or continue. Lamm, though, knows he has to break out this year. He talked about that very thing with Marc Vandermeer and myself a month ago and is ready for the opportunity to shine.

4. Linebacker Dylan Cole - When I studied him for this past NFL draft, I thought heíd make a squad no matter where he went, not anticipating that heíd end up in Houston. Heís got a little squattier build, but, man, he can run. I never questioned his ability to run through ball carriers in college, so if he can deliver that same pop with his reps on defense, heíll get a shot to find a home on special teams at a minimum.

5. Outside linebacker Dayon Pratt - This man is long and I canít wait to see him battle in one-on-ones during pass rush drills. Heís not a blur off the edge, but due to his length, heís difficult to get hands on consistently. He has a finishing burst that can get him on this roster if he shows that he can handle all that goes with playing that outside spot during preseason games.

6. Offensive weapon Tyler Ervin - Weíve talked a lot about Ervin during the offseason workouts because heís caught everything thrown his way. I donít know if heís a running back anymore but thatís not a bad thing. He reminds me more and more of the Patriotsí James White who had 14 catches in the Super Bowl. He seemed much more confident every single day and his speed and receiving skills could be two important assets for this offense in 2017.

7. Safety Kurtis Drummond - Iíve said for years that Iím a huge Drummond fan, dating back to his time at Michigan State. He was the leader of one of the best college secondaries I ever saw and itís clear why. His football IQ and ability to make a play will get him on the field, if he can consistently build on a strong offseason.

8. Running back DíOnta Foreman - I just want to see what kind of runner heís going to be in the NFL and whether he can flourish in all the teamís run schemes. But, most importantly, how does he pass protect during camp and preseason games? Success in that one area is what will get him time on the field, beyond his potential backup carries behind Lamar Miller.

9. Cornerback Robert Nelson - With Kevin Johnson and Decoud back in the fold during training camp, Nelson will have significant competition at that spot in camp. Can he make plays consistently to stay on the field, in particular in sub-package situations? His ability to burst on the ball is nearly without peer, so the new number 21 has to take that next step that last yearís number 21 made.

As soon as I hit send, other players will come to mind that I shouldíve mentioned. Either way, thereís enough summer to hit them all, so to speak. Itís almost here, everyone.

Giddy up!

Comment

30 days...

Comment

Working...
                    X