Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Think The "BRAINTRUST" Plans To Play At RIGHT OFFENSIVE TACKLE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You Think The "BRAINTRUST" Plans To Play At RIGHT OFFENSIVE TACKLE?

I hope this has not been asked quite as specifically before. We mention the topic often, and in a variety of ways. If it has been addressed this precisely, I apologize. There are no wrong answers !
    "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
    Voltaire

Smith claimed it would be worked on before the draft. So far, nothing has happened. My guess is that he is counting on someone on the roster to step up or who was hurt last year. Martian as an example was hurt last year but teammates have been very high on his ability to be a good player.

H2O4ME pointed out that the comp pick formula is effectived by any player signed before May 9th. So, that might be it also.
    JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Considering the fact that they continuously trotted Newton out there year after year says to me that they don't feel like that position needs to be filled by anyone who can actually play that position.
      Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
      TexansCap.com

Comment

Player to be named later?

I thought there would be a gamble on Byron Bell who was a stud until injury. He could be a solid player this year, but we haven't even brought him in which is unreal. Clady is still out there and is an obvious upgrade over Newton minus two knees or Clark in his prime. I have a feeling we had one of our strategies as Sign Romo, draft RT in the first. But if we don't get Romo, then we have to draft a 1st round QB. If that's the case either we get lucky and draft Dawkins for RT in the second, or we are hoping someone will release a solid vet RT post draft.

Comment

Right now we have Kendall Lamm and Laurence Gibson.
          If you're not following the Astros, you are doing Houston sports wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosarian View Post
            Considering the fact that they continuously trotted Newton out there year after year says to me that they don't feel like that position needs to be filled by anyone who can actually play that position.
            I think Lamm needs to get the camp and Pre-season reps or the bulk of them anyway ? I see more potential upside . We know what Allen brings . Lamm would allow us to run to the right now and then as well lol . Im also hoping we go with a quick/thick RB as well not through the draft just bring a couple guys in after camp gets going .

Comment

Originally posted by H2O4me View Post
              Right now we have Kendall Lamm and Laurence Gibson.
              I thought we did have a few on the roster and that confirmed it. I would have to say Smith feels 1 can handle RT. Not sure OB agrees with him but he has no say.

Maybe, just maybe OB is allowed to get his own choice of QB...or am I dreaming
              JJ Watt & Co ready to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_in_KW View Post
                Not sure OB agrees with him but he has no say.
                I don't think it's that bad.

No matter what, they have a responsibility to the players, fans, etc. to be professionals. They're still going to war with these guys.

Comment

I appreciate the posts. I think your collective responses were honest and accurate .... perhaps because they reflect my own feelings .... and I won't even attempt to relate my level of disappointment !
                  "I disapprove of what you say, I will however, defend to the death, your right to say it!" -
                  Voltaire

Comment

I don't think it's that bad.

No matter what, they have a responsibility to the players, fans, etc. to be professionals. They're still going to war with these guys.
                    I wonder if Q -berry will ever play for us at this point if he cant play this season hes gotta be let go its a roster spot that needs a healthy body . I hope he can get in there this season I have loads of respect for him but havent heard much on him so ?? He should at least know the O very well by now

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post

I wonder if Q -berry will ever play for us at this point if he cant play this season hes gotta be let go its a roster spot that needs a healthy body . I hope he can get in there this season I have loads of respect for him but havent heard much on him so ??
                      Doc had told me many times that, without getting into the details, it would no be wise.

Comment

Jj watt
                        THE Anti troll

Comment

Originally posted by MachineToss View Post
                          Jj watt
                          Best answer so far. Ha!
                          Want to learn everything about the Texans cap? There is no better site out there than this one. Thanks Troy. Amazing work buddy!
                          TexansCap.com

Comment

Doc had told me many times that, without getting into the details, it would no be wise.
                            he's a free agent anyways. I can see them may even throwing him a camp spot, but I don't see them counting on him to be on the final 53
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by methos838 View Post

I think Lamm needs to get the camp and Pre-season reps or the bulk of them anyway ? I see more potential upside . We know what Allen brings . Lamm would allow us to run to the right now and then as well lol . Im also hoping we go with a quick/thick RB as well not through the draft just bring a couple guys in after camp gets going .
                              I would like to see the following positions addressed in RD1 thru RD3.

I would be very satisfied if the Texans could land 2 of these OT's:

Bolles, Garcia or Holden

I would be ok with 1 of these OLB's:

Watt or Bowser

I would be very ok with the following players in RD4 thru RD7:

RB- Brian Hill / Wyoming / Does all 3 positional requirements very well, plus he possesses some decent wheels.

SS- Josh Harvey-Clemons / Louisville / Big SS who will be a sound TE cover man and a thumper. This guy could add another 10 lbs.

QB- Chad Kelly / Ole Miss / Has all the QB tools to be a successful NFL QB. Needs to mature and have some time to heal his injuries. Would be the quickest development QB in this years draft.

DT- Josh Tupou / Colorado / Big bodied DT who would be a solid rotation player with Reader.

Comment

Working...
                              X